Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2011 Moab Bronco Safari, May 1-8

Join us at the 2011 Bronco Safari, May 1-8, 2011 in Moab, Utah! The Utah Bronco Club has taken over the safari and we hope to make it better than ever before. I know explorerforum is visiting Moab in late May, but if that time doesn't work for you, come join us the first week of May! Better...
  2. M

Moab 2011 - May 21

Is it too early to start planning for Moab 2011?!:) I'd like to get the dates on the calendar. When do we want to go?
  3. M

Soft Rear Windows

I'm looking to drop some weight and open up the cab a bit (without chopping the top).... So, I'd like to take out the rear side windows. Most of the time I'll just run with them open. But for the rain or winter cold, I'd like to snap in some soft windows. Has anyone done this? If not in a...
  4. M

Suggestions for SLIM Electric Fan

I'm looking for some help in my search for a new electric fan. My situation is really unique in that I don't have much room at all! I need a puller fan no deeper than 3", and I need to pull a lot of CFM. My current fan was insufficient from the beginning, but was an emergency install on a...
  5. M

MoabB2 1989 Bronco II XLT 4x4 (For Sale)

A few updates as of 1/23/2020 shown below: When it was new: Version 1.0 Brand new in 1989 sold in Fort Worth, Texas. 2.9L V6, auto trans, BW1350 manual t-case, manual locking hubs, power windows, doors, AC, 60/40 split bench, Dana 28 TTB, 7.5 rear, 3.73 ratio. I bought the truck in April, 2004...
  6. M

Which Explorer tows the best?

I would like to buy a used Explorer/Mountaineer/Aviator in the near future with a few things in mind: 1. Daily driver for the wife and kids, 3rd row seating 2. AWD 3. I want to be able to tow! I think what I need to tow may max out any Explorer. I'd need to be able to tow a carhauler...
  7. M

What GPS should I get?

I'm looking for a portable GPS that I can use in any of my cars, or take with me hunting, hiking, snowmobiling, etc. I would want something that would navigate me in the city, as well as off road, where I could plot waypoints etc. Touchscreen preferred. Looking in the $400 range. Does anyone...
  8. M

Bronco Driver Issue #28

Anyone have the new Bronco Driver Magazine? Issue #28? I heard there was a sweet Bronco II on the cover, but I haven't got my copy yet....
  9. M

Noticeable gains with Xcal2 in 5.0?

I have been looking in to getting an Xcal2 for my '97 5.0L for some time now. I was just wondering if there are any of you out there that have used it, and what type of gains/benefits you noticed. Thanks.
  10. M

Do they make an A pillar guage pod for 89-90 Ranger?

I'm trying to find an A pillar guage pod for my '89 Bronco II. Do they make those? Or is there one out there that will fit? Preferably tan, 2 1/16", single pod. Thanks!
  11. M

MoabB2's SAS Thread

Ok, now that the thread is started, there is no turning back! I thought I'd get this started to keep a good log of my progress, and get some good feedback from most of you guys who know way more about this stuff than me. Due to the whole cash-flow thing...this will be a long and slow...
  12. M

Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer

My mom just bought a brand new 2006 Mountaineer. She had been having some shifting issues, slipping etc.... She took it into the dealer last month and they reflashed the computer. I was able to drive it the other day, and first thing I notice is that the trans is shifting weird. Really...
  13. M

Considering a 8.8 or a 9"

What one should I go with? 8.8 Advantages: Already has disc brakes, ??? 9" Advantages: Drop out 3rd member, can go 35 spline, stronger. Please convince me one way or the other...!:D
  14. M

New Bronc in the stable

Will be picking up this bad boy tonight! Can't wait to wheel it in Moab in a week or so. 1966 Bronco -36" IROK's, with beadlocks -wild horses front springs, national spring rears -Wristed front radius arm. -302 (less than 4k miles on engine, balanced, 4 bbl, headers, elec ign, blah blah...
  15. M

Biggest wheels possible on 06 Mountaineer??

My mom just purchased a 2006 Mercury Mountaineer Premier last night. It has the stock 17 inch wheels. We want to upgrade to the biggest possible rim. What is the largest size we could go with??
  16. M

MoabB2's Body Restoration Thread

On May 26, 2006 the total body Restoration began! The plan is to take the body off the frame, strip all the paint, straighten all the metal, and apply new base/clearcoat two-tone paint. The entire underside will be painted with POR-14 and bedliner. The truck has hardly any rust at all, and the...
  17. M

Help! Right Bank running rich!

Ok, here it goes. This has been an ongoing battle for a year now and no one seems to know what the problem is. I have transplanted a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L V8, GT-40p heads, along with stock AODE 4r70w transmission and all stock wiring and computers into a 1989 Bronco II. Basically...
Back