Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Beadlocks

If your name is dot and you like them, then you must approve of them...:rolleyes: All joking aside I do not believe that they are anymore... I haven't wheeled them yet, but before the locks I used to run 14psi, I changed my tire deflators down to 8psi and will go from there... No there...
  2. S

Beadlocks

I didn't know where to put this, so I figure why not here... So It only took me 3 months to get them finished and installed...after many frustrating hours, hundreds of bolts, plenty of welding....they are finally done! Bad Pics, but none the less... Ta DA!!! BEADLOCKS!
  3. S

New to Denver

doing good...like you said the 35's do take a toll on ball joints and wheel bearings...never broke a cv yet though
  4. S

New to Denver

is that the plan now jim...solid axle?
  5. S

Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009

got my april issue today, nice little 2 page feature on page 74-75... I was just glancing at it and all the sudden I saw a Jurassic park explorer and then I was like wow, even more explores I know
  6. S

A 96 explorer with 35s

Yes 35's are bigger and will give you more ground clearance, yes they are bigger and will put more stress on parts... You do not need them to go offroading but do they help usually I have been on 35's for over two years now with a 2" body lift, AAL, Shackles, and Torsion twist up front...I did...
  7. S

Winter run/meet amd greet ideas

may be interested on some run soon
  8. S

Looking for 2nd gen tranny

Could try RiverSide Truck and Auto in Greeley, ((970) 339-5338‎)...they have a lot of stuff and its all SUV/trucks etc.
  9. S

Looking to do a run November 7th

Run was good, It ended up being AccordRanger, Myself, and a Toyota... So with only three of us we ran up there and blitzed the trail real quick, only thing to mention really was that where the creek crosses the trail in one part it freezes and as I am driving along I pass it, and then I hear a...
  10. S

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

No dumb questions as long as you are actually gaining something form it...and As a matter a fact you can do that, it is called a Spring Over Axle (SOA) the sticky thread right below this one (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46236) shows all about it
  11. S

Colorado Colors Run 09

I wanted to do this run last year so want to follow it at least for now
  12. S

What has happened to all the CO area people?

I work in greeley, and live in johnstown, and always down for a good trail run...since I found a 93' on the linked site I am taking it that, that is you with the D44 & D60 setup?
  13. S

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Thanks.......They are 15x10"s w/ I think 4" I'd have to double check that but I believe thats correct
  14. S

Since we shut down shop early today, I decided I would get a lil work done on the X and get some requested pictures... And a few more cause there is some snow left over from last weeks storm... ( From front.....Don't mind the driver side tire lean, I have been driving the stooper duty cause...
  15. S

Glow in the Dark Plug Wire

JR. Dragsters that are running methanol, Some of those guys add scents...I've smelled everything from grape to apple and all in between...When tearing apart those engines it just leaves that scent all over everything,
  16. S

I dont have any pics, right now....I will have to get some though Yes, I did have to trim the front(kinda a hack job IMO and have not got back to cleaning it up yet)....the rear I did not, but I do rub when I am flexing but street driving I do not
  17. S

new rollie roundy things as well.... 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's
  18. S

Goodrich KM2s ? Anybody Opinions

I just got them on the X, I used to have 35x12.5x15 BFG mt's not a bad tire but not outstanding after getting these... I have had them for about 1,000 miles... One trail run as of now, and they are well worth it in my eyes... One thing I noticed about them is they don't bulge out like the old...
  19. S

2002 Sport Trac SAS finally begins

price wise?
  20. S

2002 Sport Trac SAS finally begins

What would you be looking to get out of the front end (all you included)...I would always like to do a SAS as well but no hurt in checking out options... Just pm me thank you...
  21. S

aw ARB's for the FJ...sweet!!!
  22. S

I don't remember China wall being that off chamber...but then again it was a while ago... Chinamans is pretty fun, used to be doable in a almost stock rig...now it is getting to the point where some simple protection and a locker and a little lift is recommended 410 Check out RMFTC.com...
  23. S

I am not a official member but I do visit there often... I how ever am part of a forum/club w.e. you want to call it Rock Mountain Ford Truck Club (www.rmftc.com) and wheel with some people from there... I have wanted to go to moab every year, just haven't committed to it yet.... And RMFTC we...
Back