Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

A/C Problems on 2002

Hi all, I’ve been doing some searching on here for the current issue I’m having with my a/c but no luck. I’m having the very common vent defaulting to defrost on acceleration but here’s the kicker... it only does it on a/c. It works fine on heat. I’ve not been able to locate any leaks and with...
  2. G

Code 0715 TSS Which Sensor?

I have an intermittent code 0175 for the turbine shaft speed sensor but can;t find it at parts store. Everybody says they only show input/output sensor. Anybody know if maybe it's called something else or maybe can find me a ford part number. It's a 2002 explorer xls 4x4 with 4.0 automatic
  3. G

Strut Assembly

I purchased Monroe Oespectrum Reflex struts for my 2002 Explorer. I'm going to reuse the springs and just replace the struts. While I haven't removed the old ones yet, I was going over the assembly instructions included with the struts and they don't seem to be all that clear to me. It says to...
  4. G

Tracking down vibration

My 2002 Explorer has a vibration that starts at 60 mph and smooths out at around 70mph. I can’t tell if it’s coming from the front or rear. Wife says rear. I’ve replaced all wheel bearings. It’s been doing this for about two years now and doesn’t seem to be getting any worse. I have noticed the...
  5. G

Transmission Output/Input Speed Sensor Location

I have a 2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 4x4 that has a strange rough shifting issue. It is very intermittent and only shifts rough after the vehicle load changes. I may drive all week by myself and have no issues then drive to town with the wife and kids and it runs fine, but shut it off and drive it and...
  6. G

What Size Bolt For Hoisting The Engine?

I've looked on here for an hour trying to figure out what size bolts are needed to bolt the hoist chains to the existing threaded holes in a 2002 4.0 but am still unsure. I'm thinking they are m12 x 1.75 but I don't know what length. Does that sound right and does anyone know what length ? Just...
  7. G

Need help with new engine selection please.

My2002 Explorer XLS 4x4 has developed the timing chain death rattle and I have decided to just install a new long block engine. My vin code is E and I have found one I'm interested in at Rockauto https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7126276&cc=1377660 is this the correct engine or does it...
  8. G

New Transmission Didn't Cure The Problem

I recently posted a thread called http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/strange-transmission-problems-any-help-would-be-a-godsend.464194/ where I was having a strange intermittent problem with my transmission shifting hard with a clunking sound and the engine sounding like it was...
  9. G

Why mark torque converter and drive plate?

Just a quick question. Why do all the manuals for transmission removal say to mark relationship of the torque converter to the drive plate and when reinstalling align marks? How is this possible with a new torque converter?
  10. G

Strange Transmission Problems, Any Help Would Be A Godsend

I have a 2002 Explorer xls 4x4 with a 5r55w Tranny that has developed some strange issues. First thing I noticed is that it developed a low whine when I have my foot on the gas pedal.If I take my foot off the pedal it goes away. A couple of months later we were going down the road and when...
  11. G

Diagnosing Rear Differential Noise

Ok. I have a 2002 XLS 4x4 Explorer 4.0 which has suddenly started making noise in the rear area of the vehicle.I have tried to identify where the noise is coming from but from inside the vehicle it sounds like it's everywhere in the back. It starts out as a low rumble going down the road and...
  12. G

I need some help with a Central Security Module question, please.

I have a 2002 XLS 4 door. We went shopping the other day and I locked the doors using the driver side power door lock button. When we came back out I unlocked the driverside front door with the key and hit the button to unlock the other doors but no luck. I noticed none of the interior dome...
  13. G

Key Fob Help

I purchased my first Explorer recently, 2002 Xls model. It didn't come with the key fob and I'm not really sure if it's equipped for it or not. I tried the turning of the key off and on 8 times but the door locks don't cycle. In the owners manual it says it is necessary to have all (maximum of...
  14. G

Need Help With Door Lock Please.

I purchased my first Explorer, a 2002 4dr Xls. I'm having a problem with the driver side door lock, It's the only door that has a keyed cylinder to unlock the door but the ignition key does't work it. It works fine in the ignition but not the door. I don't know if someone has replaced the...
  15. G

Pinion Shaft Lock Bolt Is Rounded Off

The Pinion shaft lock bolt on my bronco 2 was put in with lock-tite and the head is rounded off. How can I get it out? Do the lock bolt extractor kits work with the head still attached?
  16. G

Which wires go to the lockup and 3-4 solenoid?

I put an a4ld in my 88' bronco II back in July because overdrive went out on my other one. The one I put in is out of an 89' Bronco II and worked fine up till yesterday When I put this one in i decided to baby it to make it last. We live in a very hilly area and I never use overdrive unless I'm...
  17. G

Gas Gauge Always Full

My wifes '92 Explorer is having problems with it's fuel gauge. It shows full all the time. When you turn the key off it doesn't drop any, but when you first turn the key on it drops slightly then rises to the full mark. If you turn the key off and on , it will drop a little each time until you...
Back