Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Fuel Additive

why would you want to?
  2. N

BEST PLUGS for a stock 4.0 OHV...?

I just put E3 plugs in my 4.0 OHV with borg warner wires and notice a pretty good improvement over the old ones, granted who knows how long the old setup was in the truck but I did notice a seat of the pants improvement with the E3's.
  3. N

Is it worth $5500?

If I had the money yours or justins would be bought...but I don't. $5500 is more then fair.
  4. N

Weight Vs MPG

I'd break it out, snap the line or something.
  5. N

Weight Vs MPG

The spare tire doesn't weight 100lbs first of all. And your mpg will drop significantly if your stuck on the side of the road with a blow out and no spare tire. Fix a flat is only so good...mainly for nails, you pop a tire on the highway by the time you stop you've ruined the tire and the...
  6. N

Yuma Az. in may???

Nice, soon as I know what day I'll make sure to tell my boss he can't slave drive me on that day.
  7. N

Rebuilt trnsmission, 6 mths later and now slipping

Does it smell burned? Call around to shops and ask them if they could check the pressure in a 4r70w and how much it would cost to do so. I would also try and be there reading the gauge along with them if they did it and just post the numbers here. Is it an option to bring the truck back to...
  8. N

Yuma Az. in may???

I could probably go if it's a sat or sunday. Never been down that far and I wanna try the new tires off road.
  9. N

Running STRAIGHT, undiluted antifreeze...

I got the numbers backwards, 80% water 20% antifreeze.
  10. N

spark plug ?

The + anythings block air/fuel mixture flow to the plug, I had them in my firebird the +4's and they made the truck run like crap so I got rid of them. I just picked up a set of e3's that I am putting in tonight or tomorrow, couldn't get my hands on a good set of wires though so I'm stuck with...
  11. N

If I find a place where I can do the flush I plan to run a 80/20 but I'm also in Arizona.
  12. N

Fan Clutch Tool

I bought the amco tool kit which is probably the same thing you got rented and it works fine....I think I used a 10mm box wrench or something to hold the fan so it wouldn't spin. Actually you shouldn't have to have anything hold it because the belt on the water pump should hold things from...
  13. N

Performance Air Intake

You could do the same thing as the KKM for cheap. Go to pep boys and they have the adapters to fit on the MAF then get a amsoil ea air filter for $40ish. You'd be looking at $60 - $70 for everything and it would be identical with a better filter. Review of the Amsoil filter...
  14. N

If you have the area to do it you can get a flush and refill kit from prestone and just flush the system and refill properly instead of getting a tester. Then you know when for sure fresh water/antifreeze was put in.
  15. N

Performance Air Intake

I think the MAC has been rated one of the best at $160. The only way in hell you would EVER come CLOSE to seeing 50hp gain from an intake is if you had a supra or something highly modded. I'm talking the supra I'm sure some have seen being dynoed at 900hp. You put literally a straw from...
  16. N

4.0 Explorer Sport Exaust question

I have a super 40 right now and don't like it. It sounds alright, from inside the truck, at idle but it's not loud enough. I love the sound of my bosses v10 with a flow master 40 but I don't think I'll be able to replicate that. I'm going with magnaflow as soon as I get some cash together for it.
  17. N

OHV Intake Pipe

You need to go to 2 1/2 inch. I got a 3 - 2 1/2 inch coupler from pep boys for from tube to TB. There was a site listed in the product review section for piece together pipes. and there she be...
  18. N

OHV Intake Pipe

You can go to pepboys and get the piece by piece pipes.
  19. N

What Happened Help Me

I refuse to believe that mechanics of all people are lyin....well fibbing to drum up more business when things are slow. These are mechanics after all, known through out the world for utmost honesty and knowledge in all areas of automotive repair.
  20. N

2000 Explorer Sport Economy

When the maf and TPS were replaced was the computer reset and allowed to relearn idle? If not or unsure unplug the battery for 5 - 10 mins, then plug it back in, start the truck, let it idle for a min and go for a drive. Might just need to clear the computer out to get rid of the CEL.
  21. N

What Happened Help Me

It has been my experience that when an Alternator dies the vehicle will stop running and not start again because the battery has been killed along with it.... If you plan on keeping the truck for a while you could always bring it to Aamco. While I don't generally like going to places like...
  22. N

Brake Problems

Typically, at least when it's me, whenever my brakes pulse or anything is happening that a warped rotor could be the culprit I just replace the rotor instead of having it turned down. It's just gonna warp again. As far as the soft pedal I just had this happen, pedal would go right to the floor...
  23. N

Adjusting 5R55E bands...? I think I did it right!

Back the lock nut off enough so that it'll spin freely while you tighten the stud. I gotta do this to my truck as the trans is pretty new and I'm sure the bands of loosened by now.
  24. N

Stock moonroof installed.

I'd definitely like to see some pictures of this as it's one of the 2 things I wish...3 things...4 things I wish different about my explorer. Other 3 being keypad for keyless entry, v8, manual tranny.
  25. N

Electric Fan

I keep meaning to take pictures of it while it's outta the truck and I'm too lazy to take it out just to get pictures. I am seriously thinking about rebuilding it, if I do I'll have to take pictures as I construct the replacement.
Back