Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rear camber adjustment on a 2010 Limited AWD

It was the alignment shop that told me I needed the alignment kit. Do they not know what they're talking about, or could it require more adjustability than the stock set up will provide? How much adjustment are we talking here? Have you got a link to a walk through of the procedure. I almost...
  2. B

Rear camber adjustment on a 2010 Limited AWD

Getting the dreaded inside rear tire wear on my 2010. Just by looking at it, I can tell its rear spring sag. I'm sure new struts and springs would cure the issue, but it's an awfully pricey solution. Especially since they're in otherwise good shape. Looking into a rear adjustable camber set...
  3. B

Upgrade to a SYNC 2 or 3 in a 4th Gen

Thanks for the reply Bruce. I guess this isn't an easy, or common swap....so I'll probably just keep my OE system for the time being. Would love to modernise it with a larger, more updated screen, but don't want to take the chance of losing any of my factory functionality. Seems Ford made the...
  4. B

Rear tire chirp when going around corners, over uneven surfaces.

Anyone else having this issue? Only when going around corners going into/coming out of a driveway, or over rougher road surfaces I get a "chirp" from the back tires. I rotated the wheels the other day and also notice an abnormally high measure of wear on the inner portion of the tire tread...
  5. B

Dead forum, or dead topic?
  6. B

Exterior Keypad quit working?

Strange issue with my 2010 LTD. Keypad worked fine when I bought the truck. All of the sudden, one day, I depressed the 7/8 & 9/0 to lock the door....and nothing happened. The keypad still lights up, so I know there's power going to it, but for some reason, the buttons themselves are dead...
  7. B

I don't currently mind the original head unit in my 2010. It has all the features I'd like, but the screen is a tad small and it's starting to look a little dated. My GPS maps are also sorely outdated (originals) and in need of what I recently found out is an expensive and time consuming Ford...
  8. B

Upgrade to a SYNC 2 or 3?

I don't currently mind the original head unit in my 2010. It has all the features I'd like, but the screen is a tad small and it's starting to look a little dated. My GPS maps are also sorely outdated (originals) and in need of what I recently found out is an expensive and time consuming Ford...
  9. B

LED headlight bulbs error message

What kit did you go with. Have you got a link?
  10. B

Factory Heated Seat question....

I bought a 2010 4.6L Limited a couple of months back and love it. A lot more comfortable, nimble and easier on fuel than my '06 F150 FX4 SCrew it replaced. No real issues to speak of. Still getting used to the shifting characteristics of the 6R60 trans....not sure I'll ever like the torque...
  11. B

The deeper I look into LED headlights, the more leery I get about them. Thinking HID might still be the way to go for me? From what I understand, the reflector housing in our generation Explorer doesn't create the "blasting oncoming traffic with stray light patters" effect many do. That and...
  12. B

Check Head Lamp warning

So after driving with them for the last 9-months John, how are they holding up? Any issues...flicker...error messages? I noticed they sell what appears to be the same kit, with an "ECM Capacitor". Is this what they sent you? Part number 900-00076...
  13. B

Got a link to the one you used?
  14. B

Refinishing stock wheels

Interesting. Have you ever used this product personally? I've used Eastwood paints and coatings in the past with success, but not this particular product?
  15. B

My Custom Cold Air Intake (Lots of Pics)

Shiney! Does it give your ECU fits, or have you got a tune to go along with it? Pick up a lot of intake noise?
  16. B

Maybe they've got a soft spot for Fox Body Mustangs? :D
  17. B

Let me know if this works?
  18. B

Strange. I've been using photobucket for near a decade now and it's never cost me a dime? :dunno: Thanks swshawaii, I'm seeing now he's running a 4.0L. Too bad, I was looking for something for one of the 4.6 3V's. Can't stomach the cost, or for that matter at the look of the K&N intake...
  19. B

Love this site, but people really need to start updating their threads. A solid 90% of the threads I click on with how to info, are full of pics, don't work anymore. :(
  20. B

Refinishing stock wheels

So, about to pick up a 2010 Limited. It's in really nice shape, except for the wheels. The OEM coating on the factory 20 inch wheels is shot. Has anyone ever attempted to refinish the factory wheels? I've seen plenty of how to write ups, and videos of people just giving up and blacking them...
  21. B

5.4L Swap?

Personally...I would never piss around spending performance dollars on a 3V engine. The bang for the buck just isn't there. For the trouble and cost it would be to swap in a 5.4L and the major cost it would be to build a stroked and poked 4.6L (and still end up with lack luster results) a...
  22. B

Question about updating Factory Nav/Sound system

BTW....is there a way to confirm which version of the Nav has been installed? Will it show the version number in the main menu area somewhere? Might be a usable bargaining chip when buying mine if it hasn't been updated?
  23. B

06 4.6 power loss

Strange it would be recommended to warm the vehicle slightly before changing plugs. Approaching aluminum heads stone cold has ALWAYS been the recommended method. Just did the plugs for the second time in my '06 F150 (5.4L 3V) after the same issues. Plugs didn't get much more than about...
  24. B

Question about updating Factory Nav/Sound system

Can I assume that the 2010's would be the same as the 2009's?
Back