Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

C1280 yaw sensor

Just replace Yaw sensor on my 2006 EB, got sensor from Rock Auto, Standard Motor Products sensor. Pain to replace unless you have small hands. Sensor is forward of the gear shift in the console. Small amount of dis assembly, but not bad. About $250.00 for sensor.
  2. B

2006 eb with code c1280, yaw sensor

I have a 2006 EB, 2WD-V8, has a code C1280 Yaw Sensor problem. The car will ride down the road and suddenly start applying the brakes and the traction light flashing. The only way to stop the problem is restart engine and all is fine. Took car to shop and the code C1280, Yaw Sensor problem, any...
  3. B

'08 Mountaineer Vibrating With New Tires

The tires are bad, I had the exact same set of Coopers put on my 06 Explorer, had bad vibration, dealer replaced the entire set, vibration went away, you have a bad set of Coopers.
  4. B

Strange strange acceleration problem

My 06, V-8 had the same problem, throttle body was replaced, there is a Ford TSB for the problem and the dealer should be aware of the problem. As I recall, there is a computer re-flash when mine was repaired.
  5. B

06 Mountaineer steady airbag light

Replace your battery, same thing happen on my 06, replaced battery, problem went away, low starting voltage will set the air bag light.
  6. B

Where is the keyless entry module for the door code on a 2007 Explorer?

On my 2006 EB, the code is on the box behind the passenger side air bag. You can see the box by looking up under the glove box, but you will not be able to see the code as it is blocked by the air bag. I had to remove the air bag to get my code, and what a job, if I it do over again, I would...
  7. B

2006 Explorer 18 inch tire recomendation.

Replace mine with Cooper CS4 Touring tires, ride is way better than the Michelins. I have Cooper tires on all 4 of my cars and have gotten much better mileage from them than Michelin at half the price.
  8. B

lightening at startup

Battery is going south, my 06EB did the same thing when the battery was dying.
  9. B

2006 keyless entry

Thread is old, however I now know where the module for the 2006 EB is loacated. It is located behind the SSR air bag above the glove box. To get to the box, you will have to remove the Air bag to see the module. Can be done, but tricky. If I had to do it again, I would pay the dealer to retreive...
  10. B

chalenging question's for a knowalgable ford tech.

Module is up behind the passenger air bag. You can pull the glove box down and see the edge of it, but to read the code the air bag has to come out. If the dealer has the correct tools, he can just scan the computer the get the code for you, he just took your $50.00 and you got nothing.
  11. B

OBD Code reader won't link to vehicle!

It is more than likely your scanner. I have a 06 EB and my 04 OTC scannter would not link to my 06, I had the OTC scanner updated and now it will read the 06.
  12. B

RAP Module Location

The RAP module on my 06 EB was located behind the glove box behind the air bag. You can see it with the glove box out, but you can not see enough of it the see all of the 5 digit code, the passenger air bag has to come out to see the module and get the code. I removed the air bag and got my...
  13. B

2006 Mercury Mountaineer won't come out of park

MY 06 EB had the same problem, dealer shifter under warranty and problem fixed. Dealer told me this had been a problem in the 2006 model year. If your car is out of warranty, call Ford and see if they will do anything for you.
  14. B

My shifter is hard moving out of park.

Same problem with 06 EB, under warranty, dealer replaced shifter, I was told they were having a lot of problems and there was a TSB on the problem.
  15. B

Pricing for 2007 Ironman

I would try $14,500 as my first offer, and I will explain why. Explorer prices are in the tank right now and I am willing to bet the Toyota dealer bought the Explorer from Ford sponsored auction, and from what I have seen selling at the auctions, the dealer might have 12k in that Explorer if...
  16. B

bouncy ride

I had a 06 XLT for a short time and the ride was real bad, traded for a 06 EB and the ride was wonderful, XLT has whole different suspension from a EB. I had a 04 Mountaineer and it rode great as well, Even my 06 EB is not as good as the 04 Mountaineer, but I understand from different sources...
  17. B

Fuel Filter Location on 06 Explorer V8?

I do not have pics, but I will try to get you to the fuel filter. Passenger side in front of gas tank. Follow passenger side exhaust to the frame rail that crosses the car. In the corner on the passanger side there is a plastic cover that will say Fuel Filter on it. Cover is held in place by...
  18. B

2006 keyless entry

Keeyless Entry Code Thread is old, however I now know where the module for the 2006 EB is loacated. It is located behind the SSR air bag above the glove box. To get to the box, you will have to remove the Air bag to see the module. Can be done, but tricky. If I had to do it again, I would pay...
  19. B

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Had my 06 done, made it like a new car and a totally new trans. Bang is all gone and shifts are smooth. The new shift points are closer and mileage on my V-8 has improved. I think the new TSB has done the job.
  20. B

235/65/18 Tires

Is the Fortera a White Letter Tire or is it Blackwall?
  21. B

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Had my 06 EB flashed yesterday by my Ford dealer, made the trans. like a new car, totally different shift points and no down shift bang. Have driven about 100 miles, hope it stays this way.
  22. B

Training 06 EB TPMS Sensors

How do you train the 06 EB TPMS sensors?
  23. B

Info On Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)

How do you relearn the TPMS on the 2006 Explorer. I have read info already on site. Need exact info for the o6 Explorer EB.
  24. B

235/65/18 Tires

Does any body besides Michelin make the 235/65/18 in Outline White Letters. I would another brand beside the Michelin, tire life is too short
  25. B

2006 Explorer Keyless Entry Code

Any instructions for gaining access to the code, like how to remove molding without breaking it. Thanks.
Back