Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. quasarsky

Glacier's Tool Loaner policy - ended

sorry glacier. that sucks :mad:
  2. quasarsky

Test Drivers Wanted

well i'm entering, but i may be too late :(. i wish i had checked this sooner lol. oh well :)
  3. quasarsky

Code P1400

autozone said i need a new gas cap. it returned: P1400 Manufacturer Contrl. Auxillary emission controls the gas cap is broken. could that be it?
  4. quasarsky

Need part # please - VSS

LOL. i need a legal way ;) :D
  5. quasarsky

Need part # please - VSS

I need the part # for a 98 Ford Explorer XLT VSS sensor. The trans is a 5R55E and the TC is a 4405. Thanks! :). If you can provide a link for the cheapest place to get it, I'd be much obliged! :D
  6. quasarsky

Another Speedometer problem

hey glacier, will a bad vss in a 98 ford explorer cause a lack of OD? thats what the guys at autozone told me, for the check engine code i had. they said the speed sensor in the tranny needed to be replaced.
  7. quasarsky

Oh man, I might be done with my explorer...

i don't know if he is but i am ;)
  8. quasarsky

Stic-O

Thanks Stic-o!!!! Bought a 4405 transfer case here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166629&highlight=4405 wokrs great, and my car doesn't make no more tcase noise! a great price for a item i needed if i was going to keep using my explorer. Thanks Stic-o :D
  9. quasarsky

Transaction Feedback

can we just use heatware? www.heatware.com . its a great place :). my heat there is 44-0-0. lots of forums use that.
  10. quasarsky

Glacier's "How Good Is An Ebay *Rebuilt* A4LD Transmission" ?

glaicer there is a process u can withtract your feedback and they have to do the same. worth a shot so u wont' have a negative. but the thing u wrote there will remain.
  11. quasarsky

How to: BW 4405 Transfer Case Rebuild Diary - Comments, Questions and Input Thread

i'm curious as to what the inside of the one i sent you looks like :D
  12. quasarsky

if the fork broke or chain broke inside. you have the drive shaft and the front one both going into the t-case. it just makes sense if u ask me ;)
  13. quasarsky

thats what i was going to suggest too. thankfully when mine was going it didn't get to the point where it broke. easy fix is to find someone with a cheap t-case on sale on these forums, i bought one for 225 shipped. swapped out the old one and put in the new one, pretty easy, and now my car...
  14. quasarsky

Intermittent stalling during gear shift

sometimes this happens in mine. i usually just give it a few more seconds between shifts to prevent it. occasionlly it will die when it does this. but mine does it from reverse to drive shift.
  15. quasarsky

5r55e replacement

ummm btp, what happens if it breaks down? ship to them? :D ?
  16. quasarsky

A Modest proposal for those 5R55E Owners - EPC Solenoid Replacement Proposal

148,109 miles 98 ford explorer xlt slips out of overdrive. i think i have that 2-3 flare. i'm still in :)
  17. quasarsky

Read alot now a few questions for those in the know. 5r55e

see if they will let u do the work when they drop the pan for the flush, then they do the flush once your work is done. otherwise thats alot of quarts of tranny fluid.
  18. quasarsky

A Modest proposal for those 5R55E Owners - EPC Solenoid Replacement Proposal

I'd love to get this tranny problem resolved. I could get the separator plate replaced while I'm at it! :) Count me in :) :thumbsup:
  19. quasarsky

5R55E Problem Appreciate any Help

i wonder if you have a band broken, since you reach a failed shift point at 30-40 mph.
  20. quasarsky

do i need a new alternator?

so no new alternator? just another battery?
  21. quasarsky

do i need a new alternator?

i drive a 98 ford explorer xlt sohc 4.0 6 cylinder 5r55e trans. i think the one i have now is 130 amps. i want to hook up a 2 15 inch subs, 1500 rms watts each, a 2000 watt rms amp, and 1 or possibly 2 1 farad capacitors. can i hook up say a 200 amp alternator? do they even exist for a...
  22. quasarsky

AWD ---> 4x4 Manual T-Case Swap

from this same site?
  23. quasarsky

AWD ---> 4x4 Manual T-Case Swap

i got mine for 225 shipped with 50k on it :D
Back