Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to replace Tranny dipstick tube 2000 XLT

DIY Transmission dipstick Tube I went to check my transmission fluid level the other day and pulled out and wiped the dipstick. As I inserted it I happen to see the dipstick as it emerged from the tube down near the manifold. Thats not right. it was rusted right through. I bent the dipstick...
  2. T

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

Driving without the CV halfshafts... bad idea... OK, wishing I had read this before the weekend. Good decisions come from experience, experience comes from bad decisions. I gained some experience last weekend, fortunately without a major disaster or loss of life or limb. A little...
  3. T

Camshaft position sensor

As far as I can tell from my investigation, the 1995 had a unique camshaft position sensor that will not fit in another year nor will another year fit in the 1995. there may be other years that fit the 1994, but it certainly isn't the 1995.
  4. T

Fuel pump / Fuel tank - Tips and warnings

Intermittent 1995 Explorer Fuel pump Further to my above post on the fuel pump... I had replaced it with a Napa E2310M module and was unhappy with the lack of ability to prime itself when low. Well, after a couple of months of use it started to get noisy to add insult to injury. I...
  5. T

4R55E tranny delayed shift, broken band ?

Tranny on the road again My poor 1995 with the broken intermediate band needed help. So I bought a "parts on the hoof" 1996 Explorer for $500 that was drivable, had a rebuilt tranny put in a couple of years ago, and ran decently. I had a few options now. I could rebuild the 1995 tranny...
  6. T

4R55E tranny delayed shift, broken band ?

Mine was a broken band too. :exp: OK, so I was having problems with my 1995 Explorer with O/D light flashing (which many know can happen with the old control computer and is cleared by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes) but this time the O/D flashing came back immediately after...
  7. T

OK, further to my intermittent fuel pump issue meentioned before... When I left off, the car was dead in the driveway at about 3PM. I had added 15l (3.5gal) of gas to see if that helped. No joy. I did the key on (without crank) then off cycle multiple times just to make sure if it was pumping...
  8. T

Just a quick addendum to my last post. I did test the old fuel pump when I had it out. No resistance testing with a meter. Applied 12v anyway, nothing, rapped the pump hard to see if it was intermittent brushes in the pump motor and it ran. The old pump was end of life for sure. I just wanted...
  9. T

1995 (95) Explorer XLT USA made 4 door. Son drove to the store, came out, would not start. Turning on the ignition I was not hearing fuel pump run. Check fuses, all fine. Checked relay, it was working (you can swap it with another to test too). Checked the inertia switch behind the carpet at the...
  10. T

Stiff Steering

The steering on my 1995 Explorer recently got very stiff. Stiff to the point my wife could barely drive it. Obvious first thoughts were power steering fluid levels but that was OK. Second thoughts were either power steering pump gone bad or else the rack and pinion rack had gone bad. Wasn't...
Back