Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

What repairs have you done to your 3rd gen so far?

My 2002 Explorer Sport has 180,000 km on it and it has been great to me. I had the power steering rack replaced but it turned out they replaced it for no reason as it was just a leaky fitting. Had the front right wheel bering repaced, and that is it. Had it almost since new. I change the oil...
  2. T

2002 Explorer 2 door Sport Mod Question

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport in mint condition and want to give it a bit of lift and larger tires to make it look nicer, plus may be a few minor extra's. Since it was new I have changed the oil regularily and have kept up with everything possible to extend it's life so it looks like new...
  3. T

2002 Ford Explorer Sport Repair Advice Needed

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to my extremely long winded post. This car has been great and had no problems up until now so I have decided to fix her. Everything was done and it cost me $3200.00. I have had her for three and a half years and put on a little over 100,000 km...
  4. T

No replies yet - gee, I do need to fix my car soon so some advice would be nice sooner than later. Not trying to be a dink, just I need to get it fixed soon and could use some advice. Please, if anyone can help it would be appreciated greatly! Tommaso
  5. T

1999 Explorer Sport 4.0

I had a problem with my car surging. Sometimes it does it other times its fine. It seems to do it most when I brake hard - I don't know if this is coincidence or not but seems that way. Anyways, I got the spark plugs changed with a lot of other front end work to see if that could be the cause...
  6. T

I bought my Explorer Sport about three years ago and since then I have put on about 100,000 km. Now she has a total of 171,000 km and I have had no trouble up until about a week ago. Actually, for the last couple months I noticed a strange vibration in the front end while driving. It was very...
  7. T

When to change Timing Belt?

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! So does this mean when the timing chain does go, the engine will go also, or is there a slight chance the chain can break or skip and not damage the engine? This timing chain thing has me a little confused. Thank again! Tommaso
  8. T

When to change Timing Belt?

I have a 2002 Explorer Sport that has 150,000 km on it. I have been told the 4.0 litre engine in my vehicle is considered a 'non-interference engine' (or something like that?) and that if the timing belt goes the engine will self destruct. If this is true, should I get my belt changed before...
  9. T

Has anyone ever taken a stock 02-05 Explorer/Mountaineer off road?

What would be the difference in off road performance between a regular 2002 X and a 2002 X Sport? Just curious as the later doesn't have the rear independant suspesion. Thanks in advance.
Back