Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

IPOD connect to 6 disk in dash stereo with AUX button

I just purchased a new 2006 F-250, the stereo has an AUX button. I would like to connect my IPOD and be able to use the factory stereo and steering wheel buttons to control the IPOD. I've already done some digging and found the Precision interface Electronics (P.I.E.) FRD04-AUX which...
  2. B

Talk about IFS!!!

Let me start off by saying, I know absolutely nothing about this vehicle. I happened to come across it and figured it was wild enough to share. Enjoy
  3. B

Custom fiberglass CB mount

I really didn't like my previous setup where the CB was mounted where the factory tissue box holder was. It looked good and kept the CB concealed, but had a couple of draw backs, it really muffled the sound and I had to have the console open to work the controls. So one day I got bored and...
  4. B

12 volt York based OBA

I currently have a 10 cubic inch York compressor sitting at my house. My plan is to install it in my Bronco project, but it's going to be awhile before I can really dig into that project so here's my idea. The other day I was looking at http://www.kilbyenterprises.com and came across their...
  5. B

Installed new leafs from Carrier Springs

My factory springs were sagging pretty bad. With no load the springs were flat, with my trailer hooked up, a 18' BigTex 70DM the springs had a negative arch. So I ordered a set of custom leaf springs from Carrier Spring a heavy duty version of their 2 inch lift springs. The new springs...
  6. B

Where to buy an engine?

Where can I go to buy a complete engine? I'm looking to buy a new 351W built from the oil pan to the intake. I also want fuel injection so if the motor comes with a carb or set up for a carb. I need to now where I can get a EFI Kit. Any links, names or prices would be helpful!!!
  7. B

Adding more lights

I've been thinking about adding a couple more offroad lights, but DON'T want to go the roof rack route. I was thinking three more. One on the brushguard and two in front of the side mirrors. Here is a before and a PhotoShopped after:
  8. B

From Bronco to ROCK CRAWLER????

Alright people I need some opinions. Let me start off by saying this will be a long-term project and I will be working on it in stages. I've got a chance to purchase a early 80's bronco for $500. The engine is blown and the body is crap(rusted out). The frame, transmission, and current...
  9. B

Ever built a home theater subwoofer?

I'm working on one right now using one of my old MTX 12s in a bandpass enclosure with a full lenght plexiglass front panel and blacklight interior. The outside will be covered with a blackened-Ash veneer. The whole unit doubles as an end table for my couch. I was just curious if anybody...
  10. B

Calling all amplifier gurus!!

I've got a 4ch amp that is bridged down to 2ch and powering 2 subs. I'm taking away one of the subs but need to keep the amp for a while until the funds become available to buy a new 1 or 2 ch amp. Question: Can I keep the setup as it is, but only connect a single sub to one of the...
  11. B

Realift Torsion Bar Relocators

Has anyone seen this in Petersen's 4 wheel and Off-Road the June 2003 issue. Here is the link to the webpage. Realift KSpride wrote them a message to see if they are planning on doing anything for explorers and he still has not heard anything back on it. So we will wait and see what...
  12. B

Check out my latest fiberglass adventure

While box I've got now sounds good and doesn't take up too much of the cargo area. I want more; more cargo space that is. I've had this idea to build an enclosure into the window sill of one of the rear quaterpanel's window. This would give me all the cargo area back and look pretty sweet at...
  13. B

Window Etching...

I'm planning on having the windows on my X etched with a flame design. I just wanted to get some opinions.
  14. B

Relocating spare tire winch after body lift installation.

Relocating spare tire winch after body lift installation. (PICS) I recently installed the 3" Performance Accessories Body lift, kit #883. And as many other have found the spare tire winch is now unaccessible and must fine other ways of carrying a spare tire. I was about to throw away the...
  15. B

Help, buying body lift for 99 4dr have questions

Ok, I’ve been mulling over this for a while, although my ultimate goal will be a 4” suspension lift, I’ve decided a 2” body lift will be sufficient for now, until funds become available for the suspension lift. I’ve used the search feature, and have found a lot of useful information. However...
  16. B

Brake question

I recently changed the brake pads on the rear and I'm going to be changing the pads on the front soon. I was told that the rotors should be turned each time the pads are changed. Is this true and or required?
  17. B

Help with component set installation

Dead Link Removed I just purchased 2 sets of these 6.5" component sets. They will be delivered on the the 30th, so I plan on installing them over New Year's weekend. They come with mounting plates to drop right into the factory location. My question is, what is the best way to run the...
  18. B

Custom flame gauges made easy

All I did was download this Dead Link Removed and use my favorite Photo Shop program to color the flames. I used the "gradient fill" option to make the blue fade to green effect. Once the color was right and I got the flames resized. I printed them in draft mode onto a transparency and put...
  19. B

Wiring off-road lights to factory high beam switch?

Has anybody done this? I've already got them installed and hooked up to a switch. I want to rewire them so that they come on when I turn the high beams on or when I flip the switch their currently on. Any ideas/help?
  20. B

Check out my new web page

Ok, I decided to try my hand at creating a web page. I program computer for a living so I figured it would be so hard. BULL S*%T!! :banghead: I think its coming along fairly well for my first attempt, considering I created it using MS Word. There are a lot of images so please give it time...
  21. B

Anybody use Rockford Fosgate NoiseBlocker

I'm thinking about using this instead of Dynamat for a couple of reasons. One it covers more ( 16-18 square feet ) for less $$$ and it can be sprayed on to reach all those hard to reach areas. It can also be sanded and/or painted once cured. A one liter can goes for around $40 and the reusable...
  22. B

OME springs and Warrior shackles, question

I need to lift the rear of my 99 Xlt 4x4 about 4". I was thinking a set of warrior shackles and possibily OME leafs. So I've got some questions: 1. Can somebody tell me will this work. 2. Were can I get a pair of the 2" lift OME springs 3. How much? Thanks in advance.
  23. B

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

This write up is for the installation of Indiglo gauges purchased from Dead Link Removed into a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4. Disclaimer: Follow these instructions at your own risk. I will not assume any reasonability for personal injury or vehicle damage cause as a result of these...
  24. B

How to: Indiglo gauges install process (warning 22 pictures) by: bigtigexplorer

Indiglo gauges install process ( warning 22 pictures ) This write up is for the installation of Indiglo gauges purchased from Dead Link Removed into a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4. Disclaimer: Follow these instructions at your own risk. I will not assume any reasonability for personal injury...
  25. B

Volant intake for 4.0 SOHC

I know this is probably old news, but I didn't know it was available yet. I just called a local dealer and its going for $251.95 the part number is #19640. Does anybody have one? How does it perform? Is it worth the money? Dead Link RemovedDead Link Removed
Back