Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Might as well give an update anyway, a few things have changed... No, was green, now flat black. It's on 34x10.5x15 tsl's. Just put some 35x12.5x15's on tonight though. Def fills it in, especially with actually having tread, lol. I'll get some new pics tomorrow.. This is before...
  2. O

im sure, I put my 34's on with tt and shackles and needed a good amount of cutting to not rub full stuff, turning, etc.
  3. O

No lift and 35's? That would be a **** ton of cutting.... and no suspension travel without hitting ****.
  4. O

12v Accessory Wire

Glad to hear its working again. The acc wire is to turn on the radio, well, not only, but you know what I mean. The car supplies this when the key is turned one click, and then turns off whens tarting to save voltage for starting. All unnecessary electronics are turned off. This is what turns...
  5. O

12v Accessory Wire

Guess I should probably make sure, is this a stock or after market deck? and I gave you that wire, but your amp's remote turn on wire should be connected to your radio's remote turn on out the back of the deck. Both of them are only looking for power, they are not actually powering the radio...
  6. O

12v Accessory Wire

what do you mean turn on your amp? the remote wire on the amp? That would work, but you want the remote wire to come off the back of the deck so the amp is only on when the radio is on.
  7. O

12v Accessory Wire

did you check all the fuses? If so and there's none blown, you can go to the ignition harness and grab it there. Should be gray/yellow, and black/green. Ignition is green/purple, my truck had like 4 green/purples, any will do.
  8. O

33s TIRE HELP

you dont know if it can get 33's rolling? are you kidding me? my lil 85 ranger stock with no gearing could turn 38.5's. It REALLY didn't want to but it could, lmao.
  9. O

Took my top off

Snorkeled it a few days ago. Good thing too cause I needed it saturday. Guy was stuck on the other side in a hole and said it wasn't this deep so i went to help him. Bad idea. When through this hole(just before this pic it goes over the hood) and apparently found a rock, stump, etc, and broke...
  10. O

33s TIRE HELP

dude, I put it all in one post, and it was posted by others. 5x4.5 IS YOUR BOLT PATTERN. 5 lugs by 4.5 inches.
  11. O

wiring offroad lights into fog lamps

I have had two lights on my stock switch for over a year, no problem. They also aren't huge off road Dick Cepeks or anything though. If you're doing more then two, or bigger, higher wattage off oad lights, then you're gonna want to use a relay to power them up off of the stock switch. By the...
  12. O

2001 Explorer Alarm install

are these the black rectangle remote with two grey buttons and a red led?
  13. O

33s TIRE HELP

ok, to put it into one post so you might be able to understand it easily. I'm sure there's more, just compiling everything people have said. -First of all, if you don't have the truck yet, don't buy anything for it. You might end up finding a truck that already has rims and tires, maybe even...
  14. O

2001 Explorer Alarm install

I agree with BradR, the rings are too finicky. Use the XK04 or, at my work, I use all iDatalink pieces. The ADS-TBSL-KO, TI, or CA will work perfect. The keypads have nothing to do with it, if it works with the key next to it, then it should always work. It sounds like you didn't program it...
  15. O

Took my top off

Finally got the 3" body lift in yesterday. Also hammered the fenders more, gonna be cutting them up this week. Didn't take too long, about 2 hours. The 34's look a little small now, lol. Half done: Then, I forgot to take a pic before it was night time and today, I'll get a better one...
  16. O

Took my top off

my dads old work used them around machines to hold fencing type stuff so people couldn't fall or reach in and burn, cut there hand off, etc. They always had extra so I have some sitting in my garage. The awesome part was this piece was already correct height wise, just had to slim it down about...
  17. O

Took my top off

duct tape? I doubt it will work though.... :(
  18. O

Took my top off

So I found out yesterday to get inspected I need to re-vin my truck because it is now an SUT and not an SUV. Even my friend wouldn't inspect it and he's passed some stupid-ass ****, lol, including my truck last year. And even when I do re-vin it I will need it inspected by the statre, so me not...
  19. O

Took my top off

BTW, for those of you curious, it is a stock mounty leaf spring for a bumper painted road cone orange :D had that 'handy' too. Kinds faded now. lol Until I get the sheet metal to weld it I cut off the window seal and put it over the sharp edges. Plate light is attached to marker...
  20. O

Took my top off

Yeha, alot more work to make it re-attachable. Also my 2nd tailgate I've had was rotting. I was going to make that the 'tailgate' but with the whole bottom rotted out, having to hinge it, make a latch, etc. I said forget it, custom time, lol. I think eventually, along with a cage, I will be...
  21. O

Took my top off

haven't looked around yet for canvas ideas. Was also thinking of just welding in a wall with plexiglass or something for a window. What is nice though is that as soon as I roll up all the windows, it's not windy, I won't get wet, the heat still heats up the cab, etc. It just doesn't get kept in...
  22. O

Took my top off

yeah, some sort of canvas top with snaps. For right now I just park it in my garage. Well, didn't last night cause the alternator died on me while on the mountain behind my house. :frustrate:
  23. O

Took my top off

hinges on the passenger side and a sliding lock (like whats on bathroom stalls, lift up and over and down) on the driver side. Works mint. It's the 20/40 aluminum (i think that's what my dad called it) I just call it aluminum rails, lol. You bolt em together, so we slid the 'stretched steal' in...
  24. O

Took my top off

...well, tok the mounty's top off. Got tired of not being able to see out the tinted glass while wheeling at night, dusk, etc. So got bored the other day and I had a cut off wheel handy (I really shouldn't keep things like that handy) and decided to take the back third off. I've been thinking of...
  25. O

Howdy from NH

NH here too, sounds like your off to a good start. Welcome!
Back