Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Took my top off

...well, tok the mounty's top off. Got tired of not being able to see out the tinted glass while wheeling at night, dusk, etc. So got bored the other day and I had a cut off wheel handy (I really shouldn't keep things like that handy) and decided to take the back third off. I've been thinking of...
  2. O

which lift gates are interchangable?

I have a 98 mountaineer. I found a cheap 96 lift gate, waiting on pics through email. If it is the older style that is just flat across, does it fit at all? looks like the tail lights wont line up along with the top of it. So, pretty much all of it. But I'm not 100% sure if 96 is the old style...
  3. O

Guess what I had to pull out last night?

A Heep of course. So, it's not a whoops for me, but my friend. He was being an idiot on top of the mountain I live at the bottom of and got stuck on a stump 'trying to go around it' (I didn't see any sliding marks like he said he did) Well needless to say my truck trying to pull him out messed...
  4. O

Moving into the ranger world...

So I've had my Mountaineer for like 3 years, but lately I've been wanting something for wheeling. Preferably something already done up so I don't have to put so much money into it. So I found this a few days ago, went and checked it out today and ended up buying it. What do you guys think? I'm...
  5. O

Where to get a tail pipe?

I was wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest place is to grab a tail pipe? One off of a v8 preferably cause it's a bit bigger. I don't have the money for a custom one and have found them for around $130 I think it is. Wasn't sure if anyone knew a site to grab one cheaper. I only need it for...
  6. O

Used hub and bearing assembly?

So my passenger bearing is going in my mounty. I was hearing a grinding noise and when I looked at it the rubber from it was sticking out from around the axle, and now it always makes a grinding noise and when I turn left it kinda hops or wobbles or whatever. I found a used hub and bearing...
  7. O

Some stock numbers

Hey guys, tried searching but can only find numbers for 1st gen x's. I'm looking for the stock front and rear height of a 2nd gen x. I have a 98 Mountaineer btw. I've lowered my truck then lifted it back up so many time and now started to lift it instead, and now I have no idea where 'normal'...
  8. O

Rear passenger door won't open/unlock all the way

So, if it wasn't bad enough my front passenger window won't go up and down, now my rear passenger door won't even open. It tries to unlock, but doesn't fully. The unlock nub only goes half way up, I tried pulling it up, pulling it up and playing with the handle, and even using pliers. All that...
  9. O

How to roll up auto window manually??

Hey guys, passenger window decided not to roll up today, neither from driver door or passenger door switches. The motor is getting power from the driver side and passenger switch, checked the power at the motor, relays seem fine, not sure which of the like 6 it is. Does anyone know which it is...
  10. O

New Project, double din.

So I got an IVA-W200 from work for cheap cause it's like two years old, actually got it below dealer cost, lol, still in mint condition, it was our display. Decided to mold it in instead of cutting a holw, using the cage, and having gaps around the bezel. I'm doing it between jobs at work so not...
  11. O

So I ummm....

Back into the fender of my Mounty plowing with my UTV while it was snowing a few weeks ago. And now that it's warmer out I'm getting around to want to fix it. But I was wondering if a 1996 Epxlorer fender will fit on a 98 Mounty? i don't know just how interchangable the parts are between years...
  12. O

Sub Box Finally Done

Finally got to finish my sub box. Been working on it between jobs at work. Still got to clean it up. Just wanted to get it in. lol. Now if only my boss would order my new amp. :) **edit** BTW, it's 4 JL 12W3v3's
  13. O

Air shocks

So, I don't ahve the money to do bags, and I don't care too much to hop it or anything. But I do like the way my mouty looks lowered. I unfortunately recently took out my rear blocks and flipped my torsion key back over for a better ride. So i was wondering if anyone has any experience with the...
  14. O

Ever seen these for Mountaineers?

Ever seen these type of headlights for a 98 mountaineer? I want the black look instead of the chrome look. I've searched on ebay and everything I can...
  15. O

4WD High and 4WD Low flashing

Hi, my 4WD High and 4WD Low lights keep flashing. Almost as if the switch was unplugged but it isn't. I made sure of it. It just started doing it this morning. It will flash like 3 times, stop for a few miles, flash some more (sometimes 3, 4, 5, 6, times etc.) and then stop for a few miles, over...
  16. O

Those of you that lowered your X/Mounty

Did you guys do any cutting of your inner plastic fenders or bent any metal out of the way? I just did a bit of it today so I'm gonna put the front end back down tomorrow (as long as it's not raining). But, I was wondering if any of you guys did the same things and how lowered you are. I did it...
  17. O

I have no idea where to post this question...

Hey guys, long time no post, I'm in Canada for school. I looked all over but can't find an area for security systems or anything. I'm installing a security system with automatic roll up windows. The security system is completely installed, works great, but for some reson I can't get the...
  18. O

How to: Install camber adjusters 2nd Gen Explorer - Fixing a lowered X's alignment

UPDATED THE LINKS This was on a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer. These are the camber adjusters I bought, they allow for the most amount of adjustment without cutting and welding... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/IEC-29000/ I'll get some more detailed pics later today. These are from my...
  19. O

Quick question on camber adjusters...

Is there a thread around for how to isntall them? I ordered them and jsut now am getting to do them. A step by step would be helpfull, if not I can get it by trial and error I'm sure. I searched 'how to install camber adjusters' and things similiar but I can only find threads on peoiple talking...
  20. O

Probably a dumb question but..

I've ooked arunnd and seen people with there own custom rollpans. But, does anyone know of a place that sells rollpans for explorers/mountaineers? even if it's not the same year it does't matter. I just need one to be close to custom fit if need be.
  21. O

How yould you clean machined alloy?

I have these rims Black RT-S I was wondering what you guys would recommend to clean and polish the machined alloy? These rims are about 2.5 years old and are starting to get tiny rust spots. So i was hoping to get rid of those, polish and put a protectant on. I've heard some things for...
  22. O

Sorry for another tranny question, but...

Hey all, I have a 98 Mountaineer. I've been in the forum, mainly in the lowering section. But, now I'm getting a tranny problem. I'm getting that 2-3 flare shift you guys are talking about. (I believe so atleast, at the end of two it hesitates shifting to 3rd, that's the 'flare' prob. right?)...
  23. O

Adjustable camber question, is this the right part?

Alright, I bet you guys get a lot of questions partaining to this, but I jsut see few different "adjustable camber kits" or plates or cams, whatever. here's what I found: Pic: Link...
Back