Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

TIMING COVER

Did you get the four bolts at the bottom between the timing cover and oil pan?
  2. F

5.0 AWD Front Drive Shaft CV Joint Repair Kit

I bought a Dorman kit almost 9 years ago and 84,000 miles later the boot is still ok. I didn't use the Dorman CV joint because my original was fine. I caught the boot slinging grease before it got bad. Just used the Dorman boot and grease and so far it's still going! The original boot died at...
  3. F

1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 starter

I have a 1998 Explorer with a 5.0 engine. The original starter lasted 16 years and I replaced it with an Advance Auto gold starter that lasted almost 7 years and it quit in September of 2020. I replaced it with an Advance Auto re-manufactured and it lasted less than 4 months. My question is what...
  4. F

What vacuum line is this?

Pull the plastic clip out and it should release the line. You will need a screwdriver to pull the clip out.
  5. F

What vacuum line is this?

I have a 1998 Explorer V8 and that hose is attached to the green connector under the battery.
  6. F

Fuel Pump replacement in 98 AWD V8

What brand pump and where did you purchase it?
  7. F

Mountaineer 5.0 Chirp

Did the same thing koda2000 mention above about 3 years ago and it is still quiet.
  8. F

Stock Explorer Wheels

Thanks for the help!
  9. F

Stock Explorer Wheels

I have 1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 AWD that has 15" wheels with 235-75-15 tires. I have a set of 16" stock Explorer wheels with 255-70-16 tires that I'm thinking about installing. Has anyone done this swap and know how much the speedometer will be off and if their is a way to correct it. Thanks.
  10. F

My 98 XLT 5.0 Finally Goes Under The Knife

4406 swap I have a 1998 Explorer I bought new and I'm interested in trying to find the parts to do the swap. Since your Explorer was a 1998 and everything in the pictures looks so good could you give me a list of what vehicle to look for the manual transfer case, front and rear drive shafts...
  11. F

Replacing 5.0 V8 Radiator

I just replaced the radiator on a 1998 5.0 XLT two weeks ago. There is a tab on the bottom passenger side that has to be released to let the condenser and radiator come apart. Then you slide the radiator to the drivers side to let the upper and lower tabs on the drivers side slide out. Can be a...
  12. F

Shock compatibility - Monroe

Monroe shocks I ordered mine from Rockauto.com. They show the part numbers for the 1998 Explorer.
  13. F

Shock compatibility - Monroe

Monroe Shocks I have a 1998 Explorer XLT, 5.0L V8 and I installed the 911035 and 911122 Monroe shocks back in October 2010. They were made like the original factory shocks. Worked great!!
  14. F

1998 Explorer 5.0 Front Driveshaft

I have a 1998 Explorer AWD with a 5.0 engine. While changing the fuel filter this afternoon I saw grease had been coming out of the boot on the front driveshaft near the transfer case. The boot seems to be torn. The Explorer has 90,000 miles and I'm not having any vibration problems. Can this...
Back