Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: 1st Gen Explorer Heater Core Replacement Diary

"normally would tell rick. just did though" Awesome many Thanks again and tell "rick" I sure appreciate it!
  2. A

How to: 1st Gen Explorer Heater Core Replacement Diary

Love this thread! See it hasn't seen any action since 2016, but great for those of us that still drive them. Question: What happen to the photo's? They are all the same, can this be corrected? Thanks
  3. A

Clutch problems

"The slipping your foot off of the pedal is a part of the bleeding procedure from ford that I found somewhere in a search. Can't remember where"
  4. A

Radiator Crud

Hmmm, WD-40 eh? Haven't heard of that one, this work for hardened deposits like mine? Worth a shot, thanks!!
  5. A

Radiator Crud

Well, I'm not to the point of adding anti-freeze/coolant, but I'll look into using a flush T. I'm needing good info on what to use to remove that crud from the radiator first, then sealing up the head gasket. I'll keep that in mind when and if I get to that point, Thanks. Yup, changed my mind...
  6. A

Radiator Crud

Regarding liquid glass in cash for junkers, I've read that it was used in the oil which set the engines up big time...aka nfg. Along with that adding it to the radiator is good as long as it is an exhaust leak, as in "smoking" (steam) out the tail pipe or seeing bubbles in the radiator. BUT if...
  7. A

Radiator Crud

Hey, many Thanks guys was hoping for one response at least, but ya all knocked it out of the park with quality input!! Believe I'll go with Josh's Oxalic acid treatment. I've used it to clean up rocks, forgot all about it. Kseal has been on my list too, thanks fix4dirt for that. After doing...
  8. A

Radiator Crud

Bought this '94 used, ran great for years, now overheating. I have a blown head gasket, can't afford to do it right, so needing to use sodium silicate. Wanting to flush the radiator, but I'm afraid simple flushing won't remove this crud. Any suggestions on what this is and effective stuff to...
  9. A

94 front axle seals

Great overlooked, down played, hard wood "of sorts" that has it's uses. Fred Flintstone used it for a truck build.🙄 Bring it in and get it up to dry, otherwise it will rot on the ground. Next project is building a rocket stove and burn Alder in it. I have plenty and it comes back plenty fast...
  10. A

94 front axle seals

?? but it isn't out. If you are referring to the Alder plug, that's in the spindle. Would love to replace the seal in the pumpkin.
  11. A

94 front axle seals

Well the lazy part of me took over and I took the "change in place" route. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't replace the inside one too as it wobbled more than I wanted it to, especially when I rely on it come winter time. No previous pic's of removing the outside axle as it's been...
  12. A

94 front axle seals

I'm not lazy, but Da__rn that's a bit of work for this 78yr one man show. I sure appreciate the help and now to reconsider the operation. The inside U-joint feels good, but wanted to replace it while I'm doing the outside one. I've read the other option is to do it in place. Not sure I can...
  13. A

94 front axle seals

I know this is an very old thread, but I have mine torn down and really need to get that stub shaft from the diff out. Search led me here, but the link in "post #5" doesn't work. Any help would be a God send.
  14. A

Brake shoe and diff fluids.....

I took a grinder to my '87 Bronco that had plugged cats, worked fine...eh can't hear ya. 'course we don't have reg's here. Yup, that's my way too works for me.
  15. A

Darn ya got me right off, dark now as I just got through blowing s_ow (4 letter word). Would be good if it's brakes, but not counting on it. I'll check and get back tomorrow. Sure 'nuf appreciate the come back, good to have back up!! BTW, this is one of the best forums as I've used it quite a...
  16. A

Just have a need to respond. Thank You all for guiding me through this as I'm in the same boat as itchybruno in many ways. I'm in SE Alaska with a new to me '94 Navajo with LR brake grabbing. Haven't looked at it yet, but all things point to the dreaded seal. Couple of feet of snow on the...
  17. A

'97 4.0L steady miss

Was ran 2 qts low on oil, now has a constant miss after topping off oil. :( Likely problem? I haven't done any checks yet.
  18. A

Squeeking Wheel

Thanks Bowhunt, but didn't see a cure? Did you find a solution?... got the same problem, this is driving me nuts! :confused: Dave
Back