Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. intelisevil

Wanted WTB Portland, OR Area: Complete Rear Axle Assembly

Well the title says most of it. I need it for a 2nd Gen 5.0, 3.73 LS (Axle Code D4). I'd like to try to get something from the family here before I start haunting junkyards. The wife was complaining about a rubbing noise "like a warped rotor on the passenger front corner". I got it up in the...
  2. intelisevil

EGR Tube Tick is Gone!

Vehicle - 1999 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD I thought I had the infamous EGR tube tick. It looked like there was a small rust through near the spot where the smaller tube is welded on. I bought a new EGR tube last Summer. I bought a 27mm crows foot wrench after I had the part in hand. I've sprayed...
  3. intelisevil

My 1990 3.0L RWD & 1990 4.0L E-4WD Aerostar vans.

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to search right now. I'm the original owner of a '90 3.0 RWD Eddie Bauer standard length Aerostar, decent body for the age. I'm about to go look at a '90 4.0 E-4WD Eddie Bauer extended length, body not so good and a "Salvage" title. Supposedly it "runs...
  4. intelisevil

Water Pump Going Bad???

My '99 5.0 has always been a bit "cold blooded" taking 3-5 highway miles to warm up in the Summer. 192º on my temperature gauge (according to my OBDII reader) is about 1/16" above the bottom line of the arc. Good coolant, radiator full, overflow tank at normal level. Thermostat replaced by...
  5. intelisevil

Where do you get your Aero Kroil?

I was searching for some and found this: http://www.kanolabs.com/late/ 2-13 oz. cans for $14.50 + 5.95 shipping. Other places seem to be $17-20 per 13 oz. can + shipping! I just placed an order. Mods: If this is posted under the wrong heading or you can think of a better place...
  6. intelisevil

How long does it take for your 5.0 to warm up when driving in cold weather?

The title say it all . . . My '99 5.0 takes much longer to warm up than my '00 4.0 SOHC does. This isn't just a hand to the heater outlet test or looking at the gauge on the instrument cluster. I'm using an app getting signal from the OBDII port. I start my engine and let it run enough...
  7. intelisevil

Rear Drive Shaft Won't Turn - Rear on Jack Stands, In Neutral

Help Please! I'm in process of changing my rear wheel bearings - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214805 1999 5.0 AWD Front wheels on the ground and chocked Rear end supported on jack stands Calipers and rotors removed (I know my parking brake is NOT on) Trans in...
  8. intelisevil

2000 SOHC Fuel Injector Inlet Adapter Installation

Hopefully there's an expert online right now! I'm in the middle of replacing my Injectors and "Adapters". Sorry for so many words but I want to be clear and I don't want to have to take everything apart again . . . On the Passenger side all of the adapters came out with the fuel injectors...
  9. intelisevil

Will a 1998 Explorer 5R55E work in my 2000 XLT SOHC?

The title says it all. I have a chance to buy a 1998 5R55E that was purchased NEW (not rebuilt) and installed three years ago. I'm looking for something I can bolt right in without having to swap sensors, computers or anything else. After doing lots of searching and reading on this and...
  10. intelisevil

OEM Wheel Question - Yes, I've searched - Now with Pictures!

When I bought my Mounty it had these strange multi-layered steel and chrome 15X7" wheels on it which I never liked: Now that the tires need to be replaced, it's time to look at a wheel swap. I found a good set of these (also 15X7") for $100: Both of these 15X7" OEM wheels have a...
  11. intelisevil

OEM Remote Starter 2W7Z-19G364-BA

I've searched & searched & searched, even on some other forums. It looks like the "Silver Package" 2W7Z-19G364-BA remote starter will work on both my '99 Mounty & my '00 XLT. I've already purchased this unit for a good price so I don't need suggestions on any other non OEM system that you...
  12. intelisevil

Hub Assemblies - What to buy? $45 to $200+

When I replaced the hub assembly on my 2000 Exploder a couple of years ago, I had to pay for whatever was local because my tire would literally flop back and forth as I turned left to right, etc. on the mountain roads I drive to get home. With my 'new' 1999 Mounty I know what the beginning...
  13. intelisevil

Flashing O/D Off Light 2000 SOHC

I've searched and I haven't found any threads that match my symptoms. I'll be cruising down the highway and all of a sudden my O/D Off light starts flashing. I seem to have all of my gears but my torque converter won't lock up (2000 rpm/60 mph). I pull over to the side of the road, stop the...
Back