Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Dull/faded exterior plastic trim help

If you want a more permanent repair, use Trim Kote: https://www.amazon.com/Detail-King-Trim-Kote-Black/dp/B00XWCTMP2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1536136828&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=trim+kote&psc=1 To get the color right on mine I had to mix the black and gray together.
  2. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

No problem! If you also need the ECU pinouts let me know. I don't think you'll need them though.
  3. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

Sorry about that. Is this better?
  4. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

Check response. Pinpoint test from Ford Manual was posted.
  5. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

Sorry for the delay. Here as the pinpoint diagnostics pages from the service manual. Essentially it seems the original poster has a problem with his Fan Speed Sensor circuit, his fan clutch, or your PCM. I'm guessing it's the first one, which probably requires a circuit/wire repair or that...
  6. 1

2010 Sport Trac Repair / Service Manual

Excellent. Glad to hear. Shop manuals are decent, but the wiring diagram manual is the bomb. Saves hours, even days. We couldn't have done our Brenspeed Supercharger Sport Trac without it.
  7. 1

There are a few differences between the 08 and 09. Transmission (6r60 vs 6r80), tow sway, heated mirrors, voice nav, and sat radio. The shop manuals should be close enough assuming you aren't rebuilding the transmission. But you will want the right year wiring diagram manual.
  8. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

OK, based on what I'm reading here there is a coolant thermostat on the transmission. 6R60 trans fluid temp ('06-'10 V8 only please) If that fails, no fluid circulates through the radiator. This can cause the transmission to run hot. Now, I have also heard of an overactive fan due to air...
  9. 1

Try this: 2007 SportTrac Repair Manual Nothing beats the shop manuals. I got mine used for $60. I have an extra wiring diagram manual if you would like to buy it.
  10. 1

2007 sport Trac v8 4x4

What kinds of issues are you having with your 6r60 transmission?
  11. 1

Radiator recomendations

Ford Parts Giant has a crash part (CP) listed for the radiator and it's a lot less (apparently fits 2003-2005 but should fit others): XL2Z-8005-LA - Ford Parts Giant Price is $229 + shipping. Sounds like a good deal for a Motorcraft item. Not sure of fitment.
  12. 1

2001 Sport Trac Body Mount Bushings w/ Hardware

OEM is probably the only way to go unless you go junk yard. Below the insulators you see here (e.g. related parts), you can see the bolts, insulators, and covers needed for each: 1L2Z-1000155-FA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155F Insulator 1L5Z-1000155-CA - Genuine Ford Base No. #<00155G...
  13. 1

07 explorer sport trac airbag light

Another possibility is a loose connector on the passenger airbag indicator in the center dash. Or the indicator is bad. Easy to get to. Have had 2 Fords toss the blinky airbag problem indicator because of this.
  14. 1

Not Your Typical Battery Drain Issue

First off, get yourself a Ford wiring diagram book from eBay. Should be about $20. Next, time for some troubleshooting. Real troubleshooting. Pop the fuse panel on both cabin and engine bay. Take pics and note fuse values. Your manual will also help. Remove every fuse from both panels and let...
  15. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

Ok. I measured mine and it is 7"x8"x5". It will be tight next to the overflow tanks. You may be able to mount lower. But I just measured my '05 ST and the reservior just might fit in the pocket next to the horns behind the bumper cover.
  16. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

OK here it is: Degas cap: XL3Z-8100-A Reservior: R07070007 (Roush) I thought for sure the reservior was Ford, but it's only the cap. Here is a similar bottle I think might fit better for you as it's rectangular: Roush Mustang Heat Exchanger Coolant Tank 13108D080-BA (10-14 GT) - Free Shipping...
  17. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

Sounds good. If you need the Ford part number from the reservior I have in my Roush kit let me know. It works great and has 3/4" barbs. It's also easy to bleed; just pop the cap and let the pump run for 10 minutes.
  18. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

Thanks. I know they sell one which appears to be similar to the Cobra IC. I do see their diagram and really this is not the ideal plumbing method: The best most efficient way to do it is to run the coolant loop through the reservior full 3/4" because it expands very little. Like this: This...
  19. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

And just for reference here is the exchanger on the lower intake of the v8 s/c kits:
  20. 1

Supercharged Sport Trac

You're not the only one. Check this out: 2010 "Big Blue" Brenspeed Stryker Adrenalin Project On a related note what are you using as the intake intercooler heat exchanger and is that the Bosch intercooler pump I see?
  21. 1

New Noise

Understood. I pre-oiled my F-150 and it would still rattle. That was because the pump wasn't running at full PSI due to a clogged inlet. So it didn't matter either way. It took minutes to get up to full pressure. The issue plagues all SOHC motors, regardless of phasers. I know that after high...
  22. 1

New Noise

Not a problem. I never assume anything. Are you familiar with this TSB then? It matches your symptoms: TSB 99-26-05 FORD: 1997-2000 EXPLORER, MOUNTAINEER ISSUE: A "knocking" noise at start up for up to 2 minutes from the left hand front chain cassette area may occur on some vehicles. After...
  23. 1

2004 Sport trac alignment issues

OEM hubs or aftermarket? 2 or 4wd? Aftermarket may have play. Never an issue with OEM. OEM are "cheap" at Rock Auto: More Information for MOTORCRAFT HUB15
  24. 1

Misfire after head gasket job

Do you have a K&N filter? If so, get MAF cleaner and spray it down good. See if that solves the rough idle. Also, check your spark plug gap. If that doesn't solve it, run it for a few days and see which code(s) are thrown. A P0171/P0174 takes time to trigger. Those codes indicate a vacuum leak.
  25. 1

New Noise

All SOHC motors have this problem. Tensioners. This is a big issue on 4.0, 4.6 and 5.4 engines. Now, before you go crazy on this, replace the oil filter first. It has an anti-siphon valve in it and cheap filters may not work right. Get Motorcraft and check back in. If that doesn't help, your...
Back