Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Painting stock fender flares

What would someone pay to have fender flares professionally installed and painted?
  2. B

Painting stock fender flares

I just bought OE fender flares for an 00' yukon - has anyone ever had fender flares painted to match their vehicle color? I want to see what a price estimate may be... also, should they be installed before painted?
  3. B

Bigger tires on stock rims ..gerald?

Good good, I have family in TX too... You live in Heritage lakes right? You ever fish over there?
  4. B

Thank you - I ran next to a friend last night @ 40 MPH and it didn't seem to be any different.. oh well. Gerald: Residing in Hicksville, SC .....what are you from yankeeville? I normally tell people like that to go back up north... but your not from up north... what gives? its not...
  5. B

no one knows how much my speedometer is off?
  6. B

well thanks, I ended up getting the regular Bridgestone Dueler AT's instead of the revos, they look just as cool - and they cost $200 less and they have the same 50k warranty. Anyways, the 285 75 r16 fit just fine, and theres no way they look as wide as 33x12.50 Going from 265 70 r16...
  7. B

also, what would you guys say the best bang for the buck in all terrian tire is? how about theses geolanders?
  8. B

Ok, so it should be ok... do you think I will get less tread life? This guy at the shop is trying to push me toward regular Dueler a/ts instead of REVOS ... they are a lot cheaper..
  9. B

do they make anything slightly narrower than a 285 75 r16? if it will be ok, and my tread will last i want to do it... but will it?
  10. B

so it will be ok? are there any other options
  11. B

PS. Mr. Hootus, I think you have experience with this... ps. i saw your car the other day.
  12. B

I have stock rims that are either 7 or 8 inch wide... i cannot remember. I am getting 285 75 r16 tires, but the guy at tire discount says that is not recommended on stock rims - yet i see this all the time. he said that it will make them wear unevenly... does anyone have experience with...
  13. B

Repainting a black brush guard?

Rob, from my experience, bed liner fades as well too doesnt it?
  14. B

Thanks... any idea on the cost of getting it re-powdercoated?
  15. B

so if I take the guard off, give it rubbing and then apply regular rustoleum, it should look good? How long is spray paint going to last? I am thinking of taking it off and ordering a WARN light bar if this paint idea does not work out.
  16. B

Does anyone have experience in repainting a worn out black powdercoated brush guard? Any ideas? thanks.
  17. B

Best driving lights?

so it is probably from the power wire hitting some metal? as soon as i flick the switch they turn off (the first time it happened was going over a speed bump)
  18. B

Best driving lights?

i have a question... i got them working great - I just hooked up the other line to the battery by the way... anyways, after 2 days they dont work! everytime i put a new fuse in it blows it... whats going on
  19. B

Best driving lights?

ok, well i have a yukon - my parking light switch is near where i am going to mount the hella switch... can i wire them to my fog light switch? I am going to work on it tomorrow... but it wont work unless its on something 12v right? can i hook the green to my battery to test it? is there...
  20. B

Best driving lights?

thanks so far, i am still working on it... how can i find out where my parking light circuit is?
  21. B

Best driving lights?

sweet ill check it out tomorrow... thanks a ton man - but would it matter if the relay ground and one of the lights were grounded on the same frame bolt? do you have to tap into your lights, or can i just not use the green wire at all and not have only the switch to activate the lights? also...
  22. B

Best driving lights?

dang, ok i did everything right i know it .... it wont work! from the light - i took blue to the frame (for ground) from the light bulb - i took black to the relay i hooked everything else up right i know it... but i can't get it working... i am not hooking to my high beams.. is that a...
  23. B

Car got egged by vandals - any suggestions?

see... i got back to the car no more than 30 minutes after it happened, the eggs were still VERY wet. I washed it immediately. the problem comes from the impact 2 of the eggs made, i guess those shells are sorta like small pieces of glass hitting your car. it looks pretty bad. they are all...
  24. B

Best driving lights?

yeah man, i would love a colored write up, that would help a ton. your truck looks good.
  25. B

Best driving lights?

thanks guys - i got hella 500's - question, so many wires, and the directions are awful, is there a write up anywhere on installing hellas?
Back