Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2004 Expedition

Thanks.
  2. B

2004 Expedition

Wow. No one has any idea about the Expedition? What is a good site then? I tried Expedition.com but there are only like 10 people and nobody responds. Any help please!!??
  3. B

2004 Expedition

Can anyone answer ANY of my questions. Come on guys someone has to know.
  4. B

2004 Expedition

Hi Guys: I used this board quite frequently when I had my 94 XLT Exp. I had a wreck and now have an 04 Expedition EB edition. I have searched and found no place like this with the helpful nature of these board members. So... I come to ask for info on the Expedition. I know many here...
  5. B

Messed up EX need advice on Expedition v. Navigator

Well.... Thanks to all but I just got the 2004 EB Expedition w/ moon roof, heated/ac seats, tow package, 3.73 limited slip, control track 4wd, electric fold 3rd row seat, etc, etc. Great deal got him down over 3K off asking price. Only has 16 K miles. This is very exciting my first "new"...
  6. B

I really like the Armada but I have heard of many problems with the first gen versions. I don't have the finances to go "Brand" new. I just want the best vehicle for my money. I know the Nav and Expd are pretty much the same but what are the major diffs? If you have the top of the line Expd is...
  7. B

4X4 help

Year, model, etc. If it is 94 or older try tapping the metal "coffee" can on the t-case w/ a mallet.
  8. B

Well, it happened. An old lady ran a stop sign last Friday and hit me. Ripped off the Fender flares, runningboards, and messed up the rear axle. I am pretty sure they will total it (94 XLT). I have been saving for a down payment on a new can and with the insurance $ I am thinking about couple...
  9. B

Winch Question

Ok i have 2 questions. 1. For those of you that have used them a lot, is it better to have a fixed mount front winch or the portable plate that hooks into a front or rear receiver? I ask b/c I have wondered if you get into a situation that you are stuck, pulling forward may not always be the...
  10. B

ok, i had my codes read

I live in Arkansas and we can get our plates renewed at Wal-Mart, so emissions is certianly not an issue. I just want to know if it is safe and/or if I am doing some major engine damage or something. I will start looking for messed up wires and vacuum lines though.I don't know what a "cannister...
  11. B

ok, i had my codes read

Is this something I can do myself or is it better left to a mechanic? What problems will I have if I do nothing?
  12. B

ok, i had my codes read

can anybody help me out with these codes?
  13. B

ok, i had my codes read

Please help with codes Here are my codes These are with engine off. 565 and after long seperator pause it is 332 can anyone tell me what these are and direct me on how to fix? Thanks Blake
  14. B

Limited Slip vs. Traction Control

I have been surprised to find several "full size" SUVs are going with just the traction control and no limited slip. I figured it would be the other way around.
  15. B

Limited Slip vs. Traction Control

I have been looking at several new cars lately and was wondering what is better. Some have the limited slip rear end and some have an open with various names for "traction control". I really like the limited slip b/c it takes place in the rear diff and sounds like it would be stronger. The...
  16. B

New car buying tips

Nothing new? Any helpful info is appriciated!
  17. B

New car buying tips

I look for and try those, but I want this thread to help other out down the road when they do a search.
  18. B

New car buying tips

Any tips or comments about negotation? Where is the best place to determine invoice prices? I noticed that window stickers do not have invoice numbers and only list MSRP for a few of the options. Most websites I have tried have a different set of options to chose from so how do I know what...
  19. B

New car buying tips

it is an example on carprice.com Dealer hold back is the holdback amount the manufacture provides the dealer based on the MSRP Again according to the website. I want to get some feedback and see when I decide to purchase a new vehicle if this is the way to go. Any other negotation/tips are...
  20. B

New car buying tips

I am looking to buy a new vehicle. I am unsure though of how to begin the negotation for it though. I ran across some information at carprice.com. Please see below: To calculate the true dealer's cost, you must follow the aforementioned procedure and further deduct the holdback amount. You...
  21. B

Check engine light! Help!

Thank you! I will try this later tonight. Do our vehicles have a "goose test"? I read this may or may not be needed.
  22. B

Do i need to look for the single pin connector as well? 94 XLT
  23. B

attempting to clean my MAF

you can buy the correct ones from an auto place they are security torx bits. I got mine from O'riley They can still be uesd as a standard torx too.
  24. B

Flashing E-Break Light??

HMM non one knows? should i check the ABS sensor under the hood? Suggestions
  25. B

I got a code reader from WM today, Where do I attach it under the hood? I need to know location and what it looks like. Thanks!
Back