Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

'97 high-mount brake light "rebuild"

Yeah I guess I could get the LED bulb, but I mean for a look like the Escalades have. I have seen a LED taillight on an expedition a long time ago too. Something like this: http://www.westcohost.com/rwimg/i.php? http://www.slickcar.com/products/LED638R.jpg The LEDs on that second pic...
  2. L

'97 high-mount brake light "rebuild"

I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of electronics...did you just buy the LEDs, glue em in and wire them up or do i need capacitors and all that stuff? i have a 96. also...have you guys ever thought of making LED taillights this way? That would be sweet. it would work the same way, no? can LEDs...
  3. L

computer screen as tv?

kmaximus, how do you power the screen? don't i also need to get a 12 to dc convertor right? where do i find the video to vga adapter besides online? i called compusa they said they dont make one.
  4. L

Mass Air Flow housings

a couple years ago during hurricane Charlie (actually the day before it came over land) here in FL, i sucked up water with the completely stock air intake. I went through a puddle (more like a pond) that was like a foot deep (didn't know it was that deep till i went through and the engine locked...
  5. L

How Do I Get It Off?

No, actually I forgot i was in the need for speed forum, not the body work forum. But i wanted to take the arm off to repaint it, i figured it been easier to take it off than to tape everything up. I could just leave it off and i might get an extra 5mph top speed though, along with a coffee-can...
  6. L

Templates for AC controls???

I've seen those AC panel stickers for the ac controls on a 2nd gen ex, but they're like $20 on ebay. i've heard that you can make you're own templates and print them. i think there was a post on either this forum or another forum where somebody had made some. how can i make them, or is there...
  7. L

Help with bigger tires please??

Cool thanks for all the help guys.
  8. L

so how do i figure what dimensions, i could never firgure out what tires sizes mean...i know the last number is the wheel size, but what is the first 2? ........if i have 235/75/15 i go to...235/95/15 or 255/75/15?? that would be 2"s bigger right?
  9. L

Finishing Resin???

thats what im saying though, if i put this stuff on OVER the paint to make it really glossy, and to help from scratching, will it turn yellow? im afraid if i just paint it will get scratched easily.
  10. L

dome light doesnt work with doors?

I've had this problem for like 6 months, but im bored so i firgured i'd ask about it...my rear dome light (96 sport) doesnt work when i open the doors. the map lights work manually, but that's it. i've checked the fuses and changed the bulbs. any ideas? BTW.. the front dome does work with doors...
  11. L

computer screen as tv?

not to be a pain in the ***, but what kind of convertor, and where can i get all this stuff?
  12. L

computer screen as tv?

is there anyway to get the lines out???
  13. L

Video Monitors

justin146....how did you get that computer in your truck?
  14. L

computer screen as tv?

This may sound stupid, but is there anyway of hooking up a computer screen as a tv for my ex? im pretty good with audio/video and i know how to turn a tv into a computer screen, in fact i have it hooked up now, but i cant find anything anywhere about the opposite. i can get a computer monitor...
  15. L

so i CAN fit 31" tires on a stock rim, with no rubbing, right? and I'll look into that shackles and torsion twist. can i buy that at a local auto part store or is there like a special place to get it? thanks for the help.
  16. L

I've never lifted a truck before, and never been offroading, so I need some help here. I have a 96 sport. I don't want anything really crazy, just a little bigger tires. Heres my questions: 1. Do I HAVE to lift it to put bigger tires? 2. Do they make bigger tires for 15" stock wheels? Every tire...
  17. L

Painting Interior?

krylon's what i used. i think it's like 5-7 bucks a can. But when i do my interior i wanna actually spray it with an air gun. especially for the big flat areas, it just looks better than spray cans.
  18. L

Painting Interior?

I did the same thing as XplorerKid, only I didn't paint the cupholder and I used a bright yellow. I wanted a real exotic look, but I don't really like it now. Not that it looks bad, but the dark green exterior and yellow inside I don't like...I have a 96. I was thinking about painting my whole...
  19. L

white face gauges

I've never done my own templates before, I just print the template on high quality photo paper and then laminate it? then how do i attach it? glue it? can i get the template? will it fit a 96? lowproexplorer@hotmail.com
  20. L

removing paint from tails/warnig regarding read night shades

Have you tried rubbing compound? that's what we used to get overspray off lights at a paint shop i used to work at. if that doesn't work or the paint is really thick, use paint reducer. and if that don't work, use a razor blade, but be VERY VERY careful not to scratch the lense, and plan on...
  21. L

Finishing Resin???

"Lets start with the last one, the piano finish. This is usually the goal of most fiberglass work. You can easily paint something to achieve this look, but it requires a bit of skill with a paintgun, and it doesn't give off the deep look a fiberglass finish will, unless you are extremely good...
  22. L

Exhaust

I havent really looked into magnaflow...what model do you have? Like Flowmaster has 40 series, 50 series, etc...?? And you have a v6?
  23. L

Exhaust

I Have A 95 Sport V6...i Read On Here That Single Is Better Than Dual On A V6...would One Of Those Single In-dual Out Mufflers Make Any Difference Either Better Or Worse? Also, For A Nice Deep, But Somewhat Quiet Sound (until I Punch It), Which Is Better A Flowmaster 40, Or Magnaflow? How Much...
  24. L

How Do I Get It Off?

This May Be A Stupid Question, But On A 95 Ex Sport, How Do I Get The Rear Wiper Off? It Doesn't Come Off The Same As The Front Ones. I Thought Maybe It Might Just Pull Straight Off, But I Was Worried About Breaking It.
  25. L

Finishing Resin???

I'm About To Start Re-doing My Interior, And Im Gonna Do A White/ Green Color Scheme. I Was Thinking About Painting The Exterior A Lighter Green But Im Gonna Leave It At Least For Now, Since There Are No Dents, Cracking Paint, Etc. For The Inside, I Want The Panels And Dash To Have That "glassy"...
Back