Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Another auto 2 manual hub ?

Thanks for the input, now that I have that problem figured out, could the front differential be causing all my vibrations or shuddering problem that I have had no replies about in another post? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165820 That post ^^^^^^^ Thanks again!
  2. B

Vibrations and shudders

HAHA how funny...and I thought you were being serious but after looking at your truck and all the mods....WOW! SWEET! Im guessing you probably know all about the DPFE...Thats ok getting my chain yanked, i needed a good chuckle! So with all your mods do you have any ideas on getting my POS...
  3. B

Vibrations and shudders

Well, I wouldnt recommend this but I did it just because I'm running out of wits end. I really dont know if this did anything or not, but this is what I did: first, unbolt the sensor from the manifold, label and remove the hoses and pigtail. I cleaned the terminals with electric cleaner...
  4. B

Maybe I should have said that the clicking is more like a popping but not a crunching sound. When I go over a bump or turn it pops but not while driving straight. When my CVs went out on my eclipse, it sounded like a grinding and harder popping sound while driving straight and while turning...
  5. B

Well, kick me in the arse now...I thought it had autohubs! So if no A/Hs, what actually locks in the wheel? And if CV, will buying the halfshafts include the hub locking mechanism in it or do I have to replace the whole hub / bearing kit...(at $200 each)? Thats funny you say CVs....I just...
  6. B

Vibrations and shudders

First off, I really want to express my appreciation to everyone who has helped me with my exploder. This thing is really driving me nuts with everything that I've had to fix to still have issues. I figure that by the time I get everything fixed, I should be able to write some good how to forums...
  7. B

I am having problems with my autohubs clicking. I know that they will need to be replaced so I've decided to switch to manual hubs. While looking for them, I've searched alot of the forums and on the internet but it seems that the aftermarket hubs for sale are only up to a 1994 year exploder...
  8. B

Exhaust pipe removal?

Well, I'm back...got most of the work done to remove tranny out of 96 4.0L XLT. Stuck at last two top bolts. I have just three quick questions: 1.) Is there some special trick to getting these out? 2.) I also want to know from those who have removed a 4R55E from a 96, do I really have to...
  9. B

96 XLT 4.0L 4X4 transmission removal procedures

Sorry, I forgot...on the flush is there a way to do it before I put the new tranny in or do I have to wait until I get it in then drive it somewhere to have it flushed?
  10. B

The Haynes manual talks about replacing a gasket between the transfer case and the output flange...anyone know what this part # is and where I can get one? Also...as far as getting my hands on a tranny jack, I think I'm SOL on that. Would a regular SUV floor jack with 23" lift suffice?
  11. B

Hey all, Been awhile since I needed some help but I finally had to break down and replace the 4r55e tranny in my XLT. I have a few questions regarding this and I hope someone can help! 1.) Anyone heard of Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions and if so, what about them good, bad, or really...
  12. B

Yet another 4R55E question!

My thoughts exactly!...I took the truck for a long drive nothing above 60 though, some city, some cruise control, and some at around 60MPH just so I could get a good reading from the CEL and PCM. Anyways, got the codes read and the PO761 is gone but as I figured, I had the PO708-Range sensor...
  13. B

Glacier, in the begining I was throwing a PO761-Shift solenoid C (3) stuck off or performance. That was the only code tranny wise that was being given. At that point I was having a flare 2-3 and no or very rare OD. I replaced the solenoids (the four shifting but not TCC or EPC) and I replaced...
  14. B

You wanna know whats funny Bill? I was saying that the car wouldnt start with the key and another gentleman thought it was the DTR. I thought that too but didnt know the name. Anyways, I drove the truck after remotely starting it and let me tell you, I have no reverse lights, and my key wont...
  15. B

Ok, for the questions...I am not the original owner so I not sure if the tranny had ever been rebuilt or even worked on. The truck has 123000miles and I know that someone has at least dropped the pan besides myself since the factory plug is gone and so is the magnet. As far as the metal...
  16. B

One more thing, the flaring will not happen when the car firsts starts out like after being parked all day or night. It seems that before the car is warmed up it does not flare or when it does flare, I can still get the OD.
  17. B

96 Xlt 4x4 Urgent Advice Needed!

Also, no cutting of gaskets and no silicone!
  18. B

Thanks for the tips. I searched around the forums and found the guy that did it without taking the engine out. It was cake to do, what made it easier was taking the plenum off and moving the harnesses. Took about 9hrs but I got it out and got it back in! Thanks again
  19. B

Being a forum virgin with this being my second post, I am really in need of more help. After spending countless hours reading through the posts about the flaring problem on the 4R55E transmissions I find myself at a loss as to my options. I read Glaciers rebuild diary and frankentranny but I...
  20. B

I recently purchased a 1996 XLT. From the getgo, I began replacing the small things and doing the routine maintenance to get the truck up to par. This included the shocks, oil and tranny fluid & filter, and changed out the EGR sensor, DPFE sensor and MAF. Was getting DTC 340, 401, 761, and...
Back