Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Best way to lower my explorer

yeah you got it. and no you don't want or need to replace the springs.
  2. E

the 89-97 Ranger beams and the 91-94 beams are not exactly the same. that's why AIM/ChassisTech makes one set for Rangers and one set for Explorers.
  3. E

well first a couple of words to the wise... they don't make lowering spindles for Explorers Eibach hasn't made those lowering springs for like 5 years now unless you're a hillbilly you don't ever want to cut or heat up your springs as a method of lowering your vehicle. it's unsafe and can...
  4. E

Change in camber from lowering about 1.5"

That's not necessarily true, there could have been enough adjustment in the suspension to compensate for the drop in ride height and align it to spec. You just need to be a little more involved in the process. When I had my Explorer I used to take it to NTB and I would go out and talk to the guy...
  5. E

coil-over suspension for 02-up Explorers finally released

I just wanted to let everyone know that the coil-over suspension system for the 02-up guys has finally been released after years of waiting. It's made by KW Suspension and distributed through BellTech (KW owns BellTech). It's adjustable from 0 to 2.75 inches and the part # 21012. You can find it...
  6. E

Options for a 2/3 drop?

Chassis Tech arms - don't do it DJM Ranger arms - i wish that would work but it can't. assuming that they would bolt right up (which is assuming alot) you would still have to fabricate the upper coil and shock mounts. not to mention i seriously doubt the DJM lower arm is designed to handle...
  7. E

Lowering '07 Ranger

i'm not sure. the application guides for the various mfgs. stop at 2005 and i'm not sure if they have changed anything in the suspension since then. best bet is to call DJM 800-237-6748
  8. E

beam question

it can be done and there are those who have done it but like you mentioned i don't think it's wise to put that kind of time, effort and money into your old school X which has little to no value at this point. i would save up and put that money down on something new if i were you. just my opinion.
  9. E

Air Bag Pictures please

that front bumper or bumper cover whatever the case is pretty wicked. did you fabricate that yourself ?
  10. E

lowering my 93

no it's the same part # 4794 either way
  11. E

lowering my 93

you would think 2/3 would be level on a 4 door but i think you'll find that you'll be too low in the rear and not low enough in front. stick with the 2/2. hell you may only get 1.5 inches out of those coils, sometimes it varys a little bit. the camber/caster bushings you can get from...
  12. E

lowering my 93

http://www.performancecenter.com/autoparts/belltech/bel4794.html http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/bel4794.html a 2/2 would be more level on a 4 door
  13. E

lowering my 93

you got it. I would go with BellTech coils and blocks. those will be the highest quality and most readily available. Summit Racing or Jegs will probably have the cheapest price but shop around, just about any place carrys BellTech products.
  14. E

lowering my 93

you're only going to be able to go 2 inches up front with some coils so you'll only want to go with 1 or 2 inch blocks in the rear otherwise it will look goofy.
  15. E

1-2" drop on a 04 XLT

i would measure the current fenderwell to tire clearance in the rear subtract 2.5 inches from that, factor in for any squat you get when you tow the boat and see where you come out
  16. E

1-2" drop on a 04 XLT

bobcat your 94 Ranger has a totally different suspension than that of the 2002-up Explorer that we're talking about in this thread. your Ranger has a twin i-beam front suspension almost identical to that used on the 91-94 Explorers. you need drop i-beams and drop coils to drop the front of your...
  17. E

1-2" drop on a 04 XLT

blitzk get the BellTech kit for sure. i think you'll find the 1.6 inch drop that the Ground Force kit offers is not enough, most find out too late and end up upgrading to the BellTech kit. also the BellTech kit provides a more level look and the Ground Force tends to be a more raked look. your...
  18. E

alright im gettin pissed...

unfortunately you don't have many options here. if you lowered the front 3 inches then you're camber is probably out 3-4 degrees. 2.25 + is the max adjustment you're going to get and that's with an Ingalls kit adjusted to it's maximum. normally starting out for every inch you drop you loose...
  19. E

For those of you who want air bag kits

yeah we all know about that stuff already. unfortunately all those items are made by an outfit that goes by the name of AIM Industries. they are well known in the industry for producing garbage product and providing horrible customer service. not to mention once you have paid the inflated...
  20. E

shocks for my bagged explorer

Doetsch Tech makes the best lowered shock on the market for my money www.doetsch-shocks.com also BellTech's Nitro Active is very good www.belltechcorp.com. neither is going to list anything specifically for your Explorer but hopefully you can find the extended and collapsed lengths you're...
  21. E

kits

no "kits" for the Explorer but luckily you have a great shop near to you. Coyote Fabrication located in Orange, CA 714.997.7006. they haven't updated their website in 2 years but i think they are still there. they have worked with Explorers in the past and do top notch work. do yourself a favor...
  22. E

didnt even know they had this forum

you're on the right track with the upgraded shocks and swaybars. beyond that you could lower it an inch or two to help with the handling. i wouldn't go beyond that if you want to keep an acceptable ride quality. i'm familiar with the upper shock mounts and camber/caster plates you're talking...
Back