Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

no break when cold

hello ! strange thing , when the car is cold , i don't have lot of break !almost nothing (pumping doesnt help !)! After a miles or two it breaks normaly ! no leak on the circuit , no aire , no light of abs , master valve working well, abs sensor new, what could be the problem? any one got an...
  2. E

i want import a explorer 98 in canada from mexico

hello every body ! i am in mexico and i would like to import my ford explorer 1998 (made in michigan ) to canada does any have made it before? what modifications i will have to do ? any idea? thank and i have a good time !
  3. E

need help! my x doesn't want pass the 10 miles !

fixed but .... helo every body ! Sorry for this long delay ! i was abroad for some week without acces to internet . here is the end of the story of my truck problem was : cmp has turned (untide bolt) (gave a bad timing for gas injection ) ford change it for a new one and the timing chain...
  4. E

hello every body ! no ! my car is not fix yet! Now they are changing the timing chain and gears ! the original part of ford is sold 320 $ but i found a similar part from jobber for 50$ that is a big difference of price! the parts are similar excepted one thing on the camshaft gear: the...
  5. E

hello ! thank you very much for your help . I would like to present all my excuse to Brian B and a particular thank you ! . i was wrong went i said that there is no moving part to set the timing! there is a cmp (OR CPM in english?) this gives indications to the computer for the position of...
  6. E

hello every body ! here are some news of my truck ! first , the problem's still here! here is what they done : checked all the wiring one by one , and all sensors , all were ok excepted the oxigen sensor (short circuit ) but it is fixed now . computer is ok crankshaft sensor is ok (they...
  7. E

ok ! the crankshat sensor has been change today but same problem ! ford found again a new problem and now they say the central unit is the problem, i have to wait to monday to know more ! bad luck !
  8. E

hello Brian B ! with your description , it is the same thing that i am experiencing ! on the v8 there is no possibilities of timing adjustment (no moving part) . it's computer controlled system with a sensor . ford have received the crankshaft sensor this afternoom! i am waiting for the result...
  9. E

do you mind you never found the trouble or the cost to fix it was more than the value of the car ? tell me more ! your message was short my friend! i beleive that : every thingthings can be fix if you know what is the problem and how does it work ! but i may be wrong! may be my car is a lemon...
  10. E

hello ! thanks for helping me! i really love this forum ! people are really great ! ford was waiting for the cranckshaft sensor but .. not get it today (mañana here in mexico = i don't know when !! )now they have taken the sensor off so i can't perform any test ! But we have spoked with the...
  11. E

hello! thank for your fast reply ! You are absolutly right , english is not my first language ! i wish you would excuse me for all the mistake in my writing ! On neutral position (N) rpm's can go up (but slowly and hardly)when i accelerate but not as fast as it done before (at the begining i...
  12. E

hello every body ! i have a ford explorer eddie bauer awd 5.0 L model 1998 built in nov 1997 . it was runing pretty well until now but this last friday after a 1/2miles it doesn't want to go more than 10miles /h ( even 1, 2 and drive same reaction ) .big problem! i turn it off and start it...
Back