Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Window motor problem

So I installed a new window motor and regulator in the RR door. Not as hard as I thought.....until I tested it. The motor went up fine but it won't go down. I plugged it in the Left Rear door and in went up and DOWN fine. So now I'm stumped. The drivers master switch wouldn't low it either...
  2. B

Driver's Side Power Window Switch

I fixed mine. It was the switch which auto powers down, Driver side front. I took the switch apart and found a broken piece inside. It was a bit of a pain in the a** but I replaced that piece from one in the rear door switch....problem solved. Takes some time but works.
  3. B

pinging and timing chains!!

I have the same problem with the pinging annoying sound. Sounds like a diesel engine sometimes. Has anyone had this problem fixed yet. I've tried different brand gases-octanes etc. AAAAAhhhh what will work?
  4. B

digital odometer

I was able to take my dash apart pretty easily w/the help of that link. I found that the solders on the back of my speedo board above the plug-in for the message center were loose. I went out and bought a Weller soldering gun kit(pencil style) at Home depot for 15 bucks and walla....fixed...
  5. B

02 4x4 V8 Eddie Bauer Jerking in Drivetrain

I have been experiencing the same problem with the jerking. I took it to a trany shop cause I thought it was the xmission slipping. I was not they said the OD light would be blinking it there was a problem. I'll try the 4x4 module if it's been working?? How much are we looking at and is it a...
  6. B

digital odometer

I've moved the dimmer switch up and down and it dims and makes it brighter, but it's as though there's lights out. When the headlights are on I can't see anything. Any suggestions??
  7. B

digital odometer

I have the same problem w/ my 02 xlt 74,000 miles-I think- Can't really see it. How hard is it to take the dash apart to get to the odometer?
Back