Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Downpipes finally being done!

How much power does the SHO see from this upgrade and is that what will be expected with the Sport?
  2. S

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

Hey Livernois, what kind of power pickup did you see with the catback on the dyno?
  3. S

Custom Tuned the XSport yesterday

A little confused. Your Explorer was tuned on the dyno for a custom tune? Or this is a canned tune from one of the vendors like Livernois?
  4. S

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Allot of factors in what your run at the track. Elevation and air density are huge. The difference between a 102 trap and 105 trap can be as simple as -200 to sea level conditions, to +2000 air density.
  5. S

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

IMO these turbos can only flow so much. If you try and go full open wastegates, you are blowing serious amounts of hot air that might actually hurt performance. I think this tune might not of been released yet, because it really is no better then the current 93 high boost tunes they have out...
  6. S

Is this a direct bolt in? Or does the stock exhaust have to be hacked up?
  7. S

First Ecoboost to 600WHP!

What do you think is holding the power back? Picking up less then 100whp from the 15# pull with 10#s more is not very good to say the least. I am sure when you find the restriction, she will crack 700hp.
  8. S

MAK Performance downpipes available.

Interested. Would like to see what a group price would be.
  9. S

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

I put the 170 stat and uploaded the high boost/170 tune. Did not feel a change at all. My problem is I am at 5200ft+ elevation and I do not think these stock turbos have any more left in them.
  10. S

1/4 Mile Run Times

Really sounds like your banging off the rev limiter. If you want it to shift at 6200, then hit the upshift at 5800. See what that does.
  11. S

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

What was the DA when you ran previous?
  12. S

I would definately be in for an initial discounted group buy.
  13. S

Intake Mod With AirAid Intake

Where am I confused at with this mod? The ecoboost is forced induction. If you are measuring IAT from the air box that is not giving a true reading. I went with a speed density tune on my GTR and we moved the sensors to measure IAT from the boost that was actually going into the engine.
  14. S

Andy, is the Corsa being set up to be a direct bolt in? Or will there be cutting and so forth to get the system to fit?
  15. S

Livernois Motorsports claims First 12-Second 1/4 Mile Pass for a 2013 Explorer Sport

Badass! I hope you guys will have the downpipes and catback for sale soon.
  16. S

EX Sport: comparison of tunes

A better comparison would be to show the gains on each tune. For example the stock tune actual to the gained tune actual for each rpm. That would take out the different dynos, different day readings.
  17. S

1/4 Mile Run Times

Hey Ken, sounds like these turbos might be out of their efficiency range and blowing huge amounts of hot air. 178 IAT will pull a huge amount of timing. A healthy dose of meth would help with the maxed out turbos. I have the original Livernois performance tune and ran a 14.2@96 at 5200' in...
  18. S

Air In & Out and Tuning Device

Could be. All new vehicles have some type of torque management on them. Helps keep warranty claims down.
  19. S

Air In & Out and Tuning Device

I have the Air Raid intake and Livernois tune. The torque management removal in the tune is the biggest difference. Off the line from idle to 3k is where you really feel the torque. Also the shifts are much crisper under WOT.
  20. S

Tunes Available

Just the pbox. It mounts on the windshield and records the data using sateliite. Yeah I was impressed with the off the line accelleration improvements. Once moving the throttle response is better and then the shifts are the most noticable difference. Keep in mind, I am at 5200+' elevation. So...
  21. S

Tunes Available

I added the tune Friday. I use a pbox to record results. Went from 0-60 of 6.0 best to a best of 5.3. Quarter mile from 14.6@93 to 14.0@96. The off line pickup is where it is at. But also the shifting is much more firmer and performance orientated.
  22. S

Tunes Available

Nope just the tune.
  23. S

Tunes Available

Livernois completed there tunes today for the new Sport. They picked up 74rwhp and 140ftlbs at 2700rpm. That should wake her up nice.
  24. S

Sport Performance Data

Yes, it seems like a gooo time. I would think at sea level there is about a 1/2 second difference. I took a trip to the Dallas Fort Worth area a few weeks back and the Sport picked up noticeably.
  25. S

Sport Performance Data

Hello all, I put the Air Raid cold air on the Sport last night. Did not really notice a difference. But it is hard tell when I was just playing around in my GTR. I have a Pbox that measures performance data using satelite. It is a very accurate timing tool. Unfortunately I did not time before...
Back