Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Please Help Me! DPFE

I just replace my DPTE in June. The DPFE sits right behind the plastic engine cover next to the firewall. You can see the sensor without removing the plastic engine cover. After removing the plastic engine cover, the sensor sits on top of two rubber hose sticking straight up. The electric...
  2. R

Mountaineer center caps-

My 2002 Mountianeer with 16" wheels have a 6-5/8 dia. cap. There is no wire clip on the cap. The cap has 5 round plastic clips, that attach to the lug nuts. There is a set on ebay right now...
  3. R

Trailer Brake

I added a brake controller to my 2002 Mounty. I got a Hayes controller, that came with a adapter that pluged into the Ford connection behind the glove box door. It took me a day to find the connection. Every Ford & Mercury dealer in town, said it was under the dash on the drivers side. I'm sure...
  4. R

Is this stock & what does it do?

It's the Trunk Monkey Button http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/index.htm
  5. R

Torque Converter repair cost

Last summer, I had my torque converter replaced on my 02 Mounty at a Lincoln Mercury dealer. It was making the rattling sound too. The bill came to $1230.00. My service contract paid $1100.00 of it. The torque converter was $500.00 & the labor was $700.00. $30.00 for ATF, which my warrenty did...
  6. R

Door remote not working?

Try reprogramming the fob. With the doors closed, turn the ignition on & off I eight times.(do not start) Leave in the on position when the locks lock & unlock. You are now in program mode. Press any button on the fob. It will lock & unlock to confirm link. Then press any button on all the...
  7. R

With the V8 engin motor cover from 02-03 fit on an 04-05?

This should be a real simple add on, if you can find the engine cover & all its hardware. Ford in the late 2002 model year decided to move the oil fill from the left valve cover to the right one. They had to redesign the engine cover to clear the oil fill tube. The early engine covers will not...
  8. R

03 V8 sounds like a diesel

My 02 Mounty V8 AWD sounded like a diesel also. A local Lincoln Mercury dealer replaced the Torque Converter. Now the sound is gone. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201600
  9. R

something wrong with engine immbolization system

If the engine fails to crank over, try using another key. On my 02 Mounty the pats key lost its programming. Key will turn, but will not engage the starter. I used another key and the truck started. I have 4 keys for my Mountaineer, using 2 good keys I reprogramed the one key that stopped...
  10. R

02 EB 4x4 exploder

Can the aluminium block 4.6 block be supercharged? I know the 03 Mustang Cobra 4.6 was changed to the iron block because the aluminium Cobra block from 1996 to 2001 could not handle being blown. Most of the superchargers for the mustang 4.6 are made for the GT, which uses a iron block. I heard...
  11. R

what is the noise?

Last June my 2002 Mounty AWD V8 started making a rattling noise, as describe above. It sounded as if I had a diesel engine. Idling or eccelerating it made the same sound. A local Lincoln Mercury dealership check it out and said it was my torque converter. They replaced it under my warranty...
Back