Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

TPS/MAF/IAC and the CEL that wont go away

final post This will be my final post on this thread. AFter reading much about tps mods here, I began to think that perhaps my tps was misinstalled from the very beginning. So, long story short, I end up breaking my TPS I had from autozone. Being honest, I go to buy a replacement, this...
  2. A

Did I break my TPS?

The ones from autozone were Wells. I think the one from pepboys was BWD. I'll check and make sure.
  3. A

Did I break my TPS?

The sensor was kaput. So, I go to Pepboys this time (instead of Autozone)and buy a replacement. Guess what? It's been installed for 4 days and no CEL. The trucks is running fine: no slipping sensation, WOT engages properly, etc. All this time, it was something so simple. Now I can...
  4. A

Did I break my TPS?

Thanks Brooklyn. You always help out. I presume you mean check to see if the throttle is under to rotary dial in side ther sensor, thereby transmitting a lower voltage. I love my truck, but is trying my patience. :)
  5. A

Did I break my TPS?

I have been chasing a P1121 (MAF inconsistant with TPS) code for a couple of moths ago and am rechecking the work that was done just prior to the CEL becoming a constant PITA. The work done just prior: 1. engine degreasing 2. replacement of TPS (throttle position sensor) So, this...
  6. A

well, in a fit of desperation I caved in and replaced all 4 o2 sensors because I had to take a long road trip in the truck. Drove home and no CEL. I was thrilled. Woke up the next morning before dawn, cranked her up and in less than 5 minutes, the CEL tripped, no longer thrilled. :rolleyes...
  7. A

Nice site,Brooklyn. Another entry in the diary: Two days ago: The "acceleration hesitation" has returned as has its comrade in arms: the CEL. Trucks rpms are kinda jumpy on take offs, etc. Hit accelerator and it take engine a second to "catch up" Went to Autozone, cleared the code...
  8. A

interesting. I think you may be leading towards my answer. It seems that my CEL has only really been tripped when the engine was warm, so if the PCM doesn't start accepting input from the sensors until its hot (and trust me it has been hot in alabama for the past several weeks) then I am...
  9. A

a turn for the better...FINALLY. interesting development. the xplorer starting leaking gasoline today. It had to be the fuel filter the mechanic installed a couple of weeks ago. I got under the truck and discovered that he had cut away the oem fuel clips and installed the new one inline...
  10. A

shock suggestions?

I put gabriel max control on my truck and it made a tremendous difference in ride quality.
  11. A

still have the same code. anyone heard of the wells (brand at autozone) tps having voltage difficulties with oem parts?
  12. A

I am continuing to document the day to day happening on my truck with the hope that it is helping someone out there. Evidently, it was wishful thinking. the CEL popped back on today on the way to work. I am thinking it must be a short. I have no idea how to track it down, but am sure...
  13. A

Today I took the X for a little road trip and was satisfied with its performance. It still has that wierd accelerator "catch up" thing going on (that has much written about it elsewhere) but the CEL stayed on. So when I got home I did the following: 1. exchanged the TPS at Autozone for a...
  14. A

I got it retested today and got the same code: P1121. I was speaking to a tech who indicated it could possibly be a voltage inconsistancy. Now I need to find a voltage meter and test it. Does that sound right? Any ideas on what the voltage oughta be?
  15. A

Cruise Control Problem on '03 Sport Trac

2000 explorer My 2000 XLT does the same thing. SOmetimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Althought lately, it seems that it doesn;t work a lot more than it does. When you say "blow the on" what do you mean?
  16. A

I will clean it out today, reset the brain and let you know how it goes. I'm going to double check the part nos. as well and I hope they match. I dont think I can return them after they've been installed.
  17. A

inconsistant problems Thanks. I'm glad I found this forum. I replaced all the parts with what I bought from the autoparts store. From what you ay, it seems like replacement parts might be a mixed bag and getting them to "sync up" and get the A/F right could be difficult. The CEL...
  18. A

TPS/MAF/IAC and the CEL that wont go away (o2 sensors?) Great forum. I have done several searches and gotten loads of useful info, however I am now at a loss. Two weeks ago, my truck would stall after cranking. It stalled one day and we left it at my wifes office. Below is a brief history...
Back