Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Liftgate Handle Function

2000 Explorer liftgate stuck I need to hijack this thread for some help. I have 2000 Explorer and the liftgate will not open. The window opens fine and the liftgate handle has no tension in it at all so I suspect the handle needs replacement . And of course the liftgate is stuck closed. I...
  2. M

How to- replace parking brake pad / shoe

Did you make sure the PB cables aren't seized?
  3. M

How to- replace parking brake pad / shoe

I need to do the parking shoes on my 2000 AWD. How difficult is it to pull the axles?
  4. M

2000 Explorer Washer Pump Relay(s)

Thanks for the reply. Is there more than 1 relay in that box, and if so any idea which one is for the washer pump? I have been able to find any specs on that box. thanks
  5. M

2000 Explorer Washer Pump Relay(s)

I have a 2000 Explorer and I'm not getting any power to the front washer pump. I've checked fuse #12 in the inside fuse panel and it's good. I don't think it's the multi function switch. I believe the problem is relay related. I've read other posts, and some of them imply that there are 2 relays...
  6. M

How to replace the exterior door handle.

I have a 2000 explorer. The original outside drivers door handle lasted about 100k and I had to replace it. I'm sure I did the repair correctly in terms of drilling the rivets out and getting the linkage lined up properly. However, I've had to since replace the handle twice within 20k miles...
  7. M

Fuel pump or FPR?

Are you sure you have a good gauge that you are checking the pressure with? Also, have looked for codes even thought the CEL may not be on? If you have to do the pump, I suggest doing the whole unit, not just the pump. You are correct, it is a pita. You either have to drop the tank or cut an...
  8. M

'96 Explorer spark plug recommendations

When replacing them, passenger side is easier thru the wheel well.
  9. M

Leak

Make sure the PCV valve isn't stuck. This could cause the engine to push oil out the rear seal. It's a bit of a long shot, but easy to check.
  10. M

Check engine light

Since it's a 94 you have OBDI and you need to find someone with the correct reader which is Ford specific. I'm not sure Autozone will have it. Here's the one you need...
  11. M

Need Help

Check again for vaccum leaks, particularly at the vacuum tree located on the drivers side by the fire wall. Make sure all lines are connected tightly.
  12. M

Fuel pump or FPR?

I agree with the fuel filter possibility. Replacing the fuel pump would be the last resort.
  13. M

Pulling spark plug wires.

Go in thru the wheel well. When replacing them, put die-electric on the boots. Makes it easier to remove them the next time.
  14. M

fuse panel layout plz

Autozone website has the diagram under Repair Manuals--> Chassis Electrical --> Fuses. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802c551d
  15. M

Tempture fluctuates while drivng.

I agree on the Tstat diagnosis. Replace it soon because if it sticks shut, it could cost you an overheat and major repairs.
  16. M

Cranks but doesn't start

When it won't start, do you hear the fuel pump prime for a second or 2? If not, consider the fuel pump relay.
  17. M

Help Misfire

Make sure you check the coil wire. Bad coil/coil wire can cause multiple different cylinder misfires.
  18. M

what year motors can i use

I've not heard of any timing related issues with the OHV. When it comes to explorers in general, my 1st preference would be the 5.0 V8. The gas mileage isnt that much difference, but the dependability is better than the SOHC. The 5.0 is a bit difficult to find in the explorers, but many of...
  19. M

Loud humming sound when driving

Rotate the tires front to back to see if the sound moves. IF it does, the problem is tire/wheel related.
  20. M

Help please!!!!!!

One of the questions is... how much do you already owe the shop for the work they have done to date? If you do go with a new motor, Jasper is a good choice.
  21. M

truck wont heat up!

Keep in mind that if the Tstat is sticking open, it can also stick closed which could result in an overheat and signifcant problems. Don't ignore a questionable Tstat.
  22. M

98 limited 5.0 No/bad start

I'd replace the fuel pump relay. Since it's an electrical part, it can be sporatic. Next time it won't start, see if you hear the fuel pump prime for a second or two when you turn the key to the 'ON' position. If you don't hear it, then replace the fuel pump relay. Cheap and easy repair.
  23. M

what year motors can i use

Between an OHV and SOHC, I'd take the OHV due to the timing chain/guide issues with the SOHC.
  24. M

95 vs. 96 4.0 engine

I believe 95 was the transition year from OBD I to II. The wiring harness for OBD I should have the OBD I connector and spout connector on it inside the engine compartment. OBD II will not have these connectors.
  25. M

Ford computer wont read my explorer

Are you sure it's a spark and not a fuel issue? If it's fuel related, it could be as simple as the fuel pump or PCM relay, but the dealer should know that.
Back