Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

I'm back into the Explorer/ Ranger forums. Two years since I sold my 1996 Explorer 4.0 I am now the owner of a 2014 Ranger 2.3 turbodiesel. As I understand, you do not have this chassis/ body in the US? This one is for the European/ Asian/ African market, made in SA as I recall. But you can get...
  2. C

New 2013 Explorer w/ 2.0 Ecoboost

It's gotta be the 3.5 V6, then.... 2000 lbs is not enough. You'd never Guess how much a 32.000$ 3.5V6 Explorer costs where I live. I would Guess around 120.000$, Maybe more. (Weight and Hp "penalty"- fees are enormous....) Lastime I checked COSTs for importing a car was the 2005 Mustang...
  3. C

New 2013 Explorer w/ 2.0 Ecoboost

Hello there. I previously had a 1997 4.0 OHV Explorer, and that is the greatest car I have ever had- except it had really bad mpg.... Now, the Explorer is not possible to buy over the Counter where i live, so imort is my only option. And to keep costs down, the smaller engine volume is...
  4. C

5.0 timing pointer

Yeah; I use the cam synchronizer as you mention and it works great. Its run by FAST XFI/XIM fuel injection and ignition. PCM.... is that the ECU you're talking about? Yeah, I suppose so. And then you have to use a 351W/ 302roller cam (ignition sequence). That's exactly what I do; the FAST...
  5. C

5.0 timing pointer

It's got a SFI steel balancer and the Explorer reluctant(?) trigger wheel mounted to it. (As on a stock Explorer balancer). Got the Explorer front cover. A timing pointer for a stock 82- 92 (or thereabout) will fit the front cover and be correct for the application. BUT: It is in conflict...
  6. C

5.0 timing pointer

Hello, Explorers. I'm sorry to say I sold off my 1997 4.0 Explorer a month back or so.... Anyway- I have a 5.0 V8 (Windsor, cam in block....) in another car. I have the Explorer timing cover, reluctor wheel and crank posistion sensor. I'm using a timing pointer for a 1982 5.0...
  7. C

Pinion nut, oil leak and more

Yeah, been spraying on some WD40.. Although, as you say, the best would be soaking it up some days in advance. Anyone on the oil leak?
  8. C

Hi, Romeo. I get what you say.... The front pinion do not have a flange to hold, it's the type with small bolts holding clamps around the u- joint flanges. So it's hard to get a hold- down tool for this, I guess. I don't see the difference between having the front wheels on stands...
  9. C

Hello guys. I'm havin' a hard time trying to do some repairs on my 1996 4.0 OHV 4x4 Ex. It's been running 250 000 km now and starting getting rusty & a little leaky... I got some seals last year and I tried to do the front pinion first. No luck loosing the pinion nut. Today I tried once...
  10. C

ignition lock cylinder help.

Runnin'on- I guess you're right. I'm a bit lazy these days, so look for the easiest way... I'll try to return the lock today, as i'ts been working well since the "fix". Thanks RS
  11. C

Quick update: Started with the hammer... did some pounding. When I jiggled the key TA-DA I could move the key... So, its' still there and it works. However.... I might build the new lock assembly as an insurance for this not to happen again. I hope for som input on finding the key code...
  12. C

You guys are great, thanks for your answers. Well; I've tried the lubing & worked the key, but still stuck. I'm picking up a new lock at the dealer today. HOWEVER.... The lock does NOT com assembled with new keys. This is a 96- model (for Export- I'm in Norway) 4.0 4x4. The only...
  13. C

You guys are too slow! Had to borrow a car from my brother in law.... Will have to get a new locking cylinder... Do I have to order ebay, or does someone in Norway have them in stock? Let's see.... Thanks RS
  14. C

Old thread, same problem. OK; steering wheel and ignition lock is locked up; been trying all kinds of things. Lower part of coloumn removed. This is a 1996 4WD V6. Factory alarm system. I was going on holiday this weekend. so.... Is there a way I can free ups the lock & be able to drive...
  15. C

4.6L Explorer engine timing chain ooops!

My last comment in this 4.6 thread! Finally! Hi, Steve. Problem is; the FAST XIM (ignition) box have some limitations, unfortunately... If I choose the 36-1 crank wheel, there's only one way to go with a 1- tooth cam sensor. And fortunatly, this is the 4.6- setup. Which have given the...
  16. C

That's interesting... Yes- the CPS is a distributor- type, so it can be swung around to any point on the scale... Which is good. Am able to find the correct spot without modifications if I only know where the spot is! No, it is not for a factory modular ECU. It is an aftermarket EFI-...
  17. C

Hi, Steve. I got a pos on 36 deg ATDC on the V6- nothing on the 4.6 V8 yet. "The 6 cyl. has a weird cam sensor sync tool that isn't used in anything else. I think it's because it uses what used to be a distributor drive, that's now vacant due to distributorless ignition on a...
  18. C

Thanks for taking a look in the manual, Steve. ATDC or BTDC? One of the things I've been thinking of as well. But, as I pointed to in the last post, the setting for the V6 (OHV or SOHC?) is 26 ATDC. The cam signal, I have learned, is only to tell the injectors at what stage the engine is...
  19. C

Thanks again, Steve. I've been reading that article and not knowing it was for the 4.6. But, it's the EDIS system, so... Great. Got that one figured out. I found a clue here http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16685&hilit=CPS 26 degrees ATDC, but that is for a V6...
  20. C

Thanks , Steve- I'll follow your tip. I was afraid that your answer would be something like that; I had hoped that this was available in a tech manual or something, so people using adjustable cam gears had to adjust trigger to factory spec. Ableit; you usually set the engine at TDC and use a...
  21. C

I'm sneaking in to ask a related question; hopefully some 4.6- experts can help me out. I'm installing EFI on a 302W using 351W/4.6 ignition sequence and Explorer 5.0 cam and crank sensors (inductive). The computer "thinks" I'm installing this on a 4.6 2V or 4V and therefore need the factory...
  22. C

Leaking heater bypass valve at max AC

A quick update: Now fixed, new valve fitted. What did I pay? 89,5$ at a Ford- dealer here in Norway. It's a shame.
  23. C

Would love to get it from Rockauto, but the shipping would be out of proportions as I live across the Atlantic. Thank you, once again Maniak. (I will have to check the ports to see if has 4; I seem to remember only3, but I might be wrong). Regards RS
  24. C

OK, Maniak. (We gotta be related, because i am also known by the name "Caprimaniac"...) Thanks for the help so far & for letting me know how the function of this valve. Can anybody come up with the correct part number too? It'd make it alot easier to order one... Cos I gotta change it...
  25. C

Hello. to all AC- experts. Myself I am a novice in this trade. But, I have come so far as to find the name on my leaking "tap", it's called the heater bypass valve. It leaks when it's in the MAX AC- position only. The AC- system is empty (will soon be filled by professionals, yes). and I...
Back