Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1996 with only 37,x.. miles

That's a cool find. I'm not particularly crazy about the setup but it looks nice and clean.
  2. S

Need opinions on this Explorer

I wouldn't do it. Not for that price at least.
  3. S

For Those With Timing Chain Rattle...

I have had the death rattle since 2006 and have been using STP oil treatment. I just use 1/2 a bottle every oil change. So far so good, and it quieted it down the rattle big time.
  4. S

Key doesn't work on either of my explorer hatches

I have this same exact issue. Looking forward to see someone chime in with a resolution.
  5. S

My gas pedal broke off.....wtf

This happened to me last year. Same deal...the pedal completely broke off! I actually rigged up a clamp/cable thingy with a handle and controlled the throttle by hand for about a week before I got around to fixing it.
  6. S

4wd light

I'm not sure what it could be, but removing the negative terminal on the battery cable for 20 min has fixed 90% of my 4wd light problems. I know it's stupid and simple, but start there.
  7. S

99 SOHC Sport wont start!

I did check the relay, the inertia switch (even bypassed it), and another recommended fuse. All checked out fine. I'll see if I can borrow a power meter.
  8. S

99 SOHC Sport wont start!

I can't hear the fuel pump prime. It just cranks when I turn the key. The symptoms started a few months ago and worsened over time. Now it won't start at all. Do I need a new fuel pump?
  9. S

Upgrading to JBL audio system?

I had one in my 99, believe me it's nothing special. I wouldn't spend a dime on a used one, when even some of the bottom of the line aftermarket units blow it out of the water. Just my .02
  10. S

It would illumintate green though, and not match his blue lights. Plus at the end of the day, it would still be a stock deck.
  11. S

Great advice, Joe.
  12. S

It's a lot more cost effective to go aftermarket. The OEM stuff is crap for the most part. The aftermarket items will sound worlds better, have many updated features (ipod, aux, usb, nav, etc) and will look MUCH better and cleaner than the Ford junk. If you can get the JBL stuff from a...
  13. S

Good deal or not?

It's just like any other site or dealer. You will have to sift through some junk to find a good one.
  14. S

Good deal or not?

I wouldnt say its a deal either. I'm not a fan of the Mercury trucks. Its also hard to tell without pics. From my daily browsing on CL experience with these trucks, Id say it's about $500-$1,000 overpriced if anything.
  15. S

Offroad Performance: Sport vs Full Size Explorer

Let me tell you, the sunroof really is an awesome option. I love rolling down all the windows, including the small rear sport windows and driving with the sunroof open. ...and yes, I couldn't believe how awesome this little V6 truck was in the snow.
  16. S

Offroad Performance: Sport vs Full Size Explorer

I'll chime in with my experience. I own a 99 Sport, 4x4 auto. It's as fully loaded as a Sport can be. That doesn't really translate into too many options, but I'm also not a fussy guy. One touch power sunroof, power everything, leather, rear air and radio, etc. As far as off roading...
  17. S

what are peoples experience with driving with the SOHC timing chain rattle?

I've had the rattle since 94k miles, 2007. Today, 5 yrs/50k miles later at 150k it's still running strong. Every oil change, I put a half bottle of STP oil treatment. This really quiets the rattle down to hardly noticeable. Unless you have the time/skills/$$$ I wouldn't bother replacing...
  18. S

When to replace shocks?

Can you please elaborate?
  19. S

RockAuto

Exactly.
  20. S

Is this a fair price?

It's definitely overpriced, and yes 9/10 times they use cheap pads, rotors, parts in general. Do the brakes yourself, it's super easy.
  21. S

Complete sound system refresh, need approval

I'm a huge advocate for removing the stock Ford audio junk. Your ears and eyes will thank you :)
  22. S

GT40 to GT40P swap

I did say most of them, not all of them. I know there's exceptions to every rule ;) I've been in the Mustang scene for 20 years, and nearly every regular GT40 head for sale thread on the Mustang sites always boast how they're NOT P heads. Regular GT40 heads usually fetch more than P heads...
  23. S

GT40 to GT40P swap

Coming from the Mustang world here, I'm not quite sure why you would go through the hassle to do this? The P heads are going to require so much little odds and ends to get them to work. Mustang folk actually do the opposite, and look for regular GT40 heads.
Back