Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

2002 Explorer - chirping noise when AC is on...

BTW, im not talking about a constant chirp...im not sure about the time apart from when it does it but its not a constant chirping noise like a belt would be...
  2. 2

When my explorer was new I took it back because I was wondering the same thing about why it was chirping...When I got back to the dealer and the dealer had a print out directly from Ford saying its how the system works and infact I hear it all the time on Fords...Listen, and ill bet you'll hear it.
  3. 2

If its just a short chirp and not a continous chirp or squeal when the ac is on then its completely normal. Infact many ford vehicles with the ac on do it if you listen closely. My 02 Explorer does it...
  4. 2

2002 Explorer WORST YEAR???

02 Explorer V8 4x4 here and its had its fair share of problems. Since new its had 4 IAC valves, the trans went out at 50k miles, ps rack went out at 21k miles, has the whine, egr went at 74k, and a couple various other things.
  5. 2

Engine vibration at idle

My 4.6l v8 explorer is doing the same thing. I changed the plugs and coil on plugs and its still there. If you figure this out please post up, im tired of spending money on things that arent solving the issue.
Back