Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

SAS Mountaineer undrivable

Ok, so correction is my axle HAD -3*caster and now has +3* caster.
  2. S

Ok, then I am saying it backward... the top balljoint is to the rear of the bottom balljoint 3degrees
  3. S

Steering shaft is all brand new flaming river joints. No binding or play of any kind when steering it without the engine running. I have had the toe from 1/2" toe out to 1/2" toe in with no change in driving. I came from +3 caster to -3 caster with absolutely no change in driving...
  4. S

As far as the front shackles, its a bad picture, there is a piece of angle steel welded in between them.
  5. S

Bumpsteer is an issue but its not the main issue. By bump steer I mean, when I hit a bump, like a railroad track, the steering wheel is pulled to one side fairly aggressively. The main issue is the truck darts around. How bad it darts is dependent on the road, on flat 4 lane roads it isnt...
  6. S

Well, I dumped another $1k into it and it didnt change anything. I bought a Reid high steer knuckle so my draglink is now straight. I also replaced the steering box with a new one, just in case. Still drives terrible. I pulled the whole front axle down, cut off the steering yokes and welded...
  7. S

edited
  8. S

Newer picture with the track bar Steering box
  9. S

The caster was +2 degrees. I put a 5degree wedge in it which should have put it close to where it needs to be for testing. Unfortunately I dont have flat top knuckles. I have maxed out my budget for this truck, but its useless right now. I have been trying to find some cheap options for flat...
  10. S

I completed my sas and soa setup on my 00 mountaineer. Front axle is a wagoneer Dana 44 with new wagoneer leafs up front. Steering is handled by a Toyota steering box mounted outside the frame. The first test drive was extremely disappointing. The truck drove terrible and the bump steer was...
  11. S

For Sale Digital Display Message Center form 1997 Eddie Bauer

I'm not sure if models that didnt have it had the harness in there or not.
  12. S

For Sale Digital Display Message Center form 1997 Eddie Bauer

Center console mounted digital display message center from my 1997 explorer. Was working when removed. $30 shipped inside the US
  13. S

For Sale Steering wheel air bag from 1997 Explorer

I have for sale a steering wheel mounted air bag out of my 1997 Explorer that I am parting out. In very good shape, obviously never deployed. $27.00 Free shipping inside the US
  14. S

Wanted 5.0 oil dipstick

Looking for a engine oil dipstick for my 1997 explorer with the v8 5.0 engine. I have the tube, but the handle broke on the dipstick. Thanks
  15. S

For Sale 4.0 OHV engine in Richmond, VA area

I removed this good running 4.0 OHV engine from my 1999 Explorer XLS in favor of a 5.0 swap. The engine has 148,x.. miles on it and ran very good when removed. I dont know the service history of the motor as I bought it in 3/2011. Comes complete from intake to oil pan, all accessories and...
  16. S

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I used a Summit brand dual exhaust kit for a v8 swapped s10. Obviously was cut up some and welded, but I'm super happy with it. The muffler is a chambered design and sounds great. also running headers made by me
  17. S

Wanted 2nd gen cruise control "On/Off" button

Looking for a good cruise control on/off button that goes on the steering wheel on a 2nd gen explorer Shipped to 23836
  18. S

4406 swap

^ I went part for part off of that link and it was trouble free! The only thing was was different was the front u-joint. Auto Zones new number is 1-0134DL
  19. S

'97 v8 into '99 XLS with 4406!

Finally got around to installing the F150 shifter in the truck.
  20. S

It was a summit branded 1 5/8" kit. I would not even attempt making these if I didnt have a body lift! Drivers side is close to the steering shaft, maybe 1/4" there. I do still have a/c, with the body lift, there is plenty of room below the "HVAC" box. Here is the exhaust I made over the...
  21. S

Started this project last October, when I started to realize the major things that changed between '98 and '99, I stopped the project and just drove the XLS around with the OHV until the transfer case went out 3 weeks ago. The transmission had some issues as well when i bought it, so I was at a...
  22. S

Any info on swapping pre 98 5.0L into 99 Explorer

I cant find any info on this. I'm sure someone has done it. I already have the 97 5.0L explorer and the 99 OHV explorer that I want to put the motor in. The fuel system is different, but thats an easy fix. Not having PATS on the ECU should be helpful, but the harness is different. Should be...
  23. S

Stuck in 4wd

Maybe someone here can offer some help. Everything was pretty much fine until I put a limited slip rear in mtruck. after that It was difficut to make tight turns. within a few days of putting the axle under the truck, the transfer case took a dump. Installed another transfer case and same...
  24. S

Stuck in 4wd

Well the transmisison/transfer case section is no help. Maybe someone here can offer some help. Everything was pretty much fine until I put a limited slip rear in mtruck. after that It was difficut to make tight turns. within a few days of putting the axle under the truck, the transfer case...
Back