Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

35s with 7" lift

Take a look at Jefe's ride before the SAS. He ran 35's, so you'll see about how much trimming you'll need.
  2. K

Clicking sound from under vehicle (97 5.0 AWD)

MSounds to me like the driveline. I put one in my cousin's 97 5.0 awd. It started out as a light tick while it rolled forward then became very loud and noticable through the steerinf after a few hundred miles. I think the cv in the driveline dries up and the balls start to rust.
  3. K

3.93 Gears

Agreed. Mine has plenty of power to comfortably move itself along, but as far as having a comfortable amount of power, mine does not. And this is post-rebuild. So I think my engine has plenty of "boost". I wouldn't dare attempt to tow anything with any amount of significant weight. Nor do I...
  4. K

problem with kkm

Try 2 things. Disconnect the neg. terminal on the battery and let it sit for about half an hour then reconnect it. This will reset the computer to the air/fuel mixture. Try cleaning the MAF too.
  5. K

Shocks for sway control

I have the JD 2.5" also. I put on Bilsteins for a lifted Ranger (up to 4" lift) for the front and used the JD schocks for the rear. I think the Bilsteins help a lot to reduce sway. I'm also, adventually, going to go to about 4" of lift. When I do, I'll get Bilsteins for the rear also.
  6. K

3.93 Gears

I run 31's and I do a lot of highway driving. Its 450 miles from home to school and I go home about every 6 weeks, not to mention I otherwise average about 200 miles a week on the highway as well. I have 3.55's and a manual tranny. I hate it. Having a minimum speed in first gear of about 12...
  7. K

3.93 Gears

As far as I know 3.93's are avalible for the 8.8, but not the Dana 35. So if you have a 2wd it would work fine but they are incompatable with a 4x4.
  8. K

Help with FPR leak please!

There wasn't too much pressure leaking out, maybe a fw pounds or so. But the volume was very high. The gap between the top of the FPR and the bottom of the fitting is maybe .25". We have the plastic tools to take it out, but they are too long to fit in.
  9. K

Help with FPR leak please!

So after 2 months or so the rebuild has wound down. I promise that the thread will be updated VERY soon with much description and several pics. Sorry for leaving everyone up in the air with my progress. Anyway, today we completed everything and finally ran the engine. Upon doing so, a...
  10. K

best 500 watt amp @ 2 ohms Rms

For the price MA Audio is great equipment. They are a very impressive company.
  11. K

expected power gains ohv light mods

A 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust is plenty big enough for the ohv. When you increase the size too much and you lose all back pressure, the lower end power and torque will actuallly decrease. Think of it as water flowing through a garden hose. A smaller amount of water will travel faster through a...
  12. K

before and after....

It looks like a 2wd. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it looks killer. You've done a nice job building it up.
  13. K

piston cleaning?

Cleaning the pistons is not necessarily a good idea, unless you spend a lot of time doing it to achievea perfectly clean surface. The reason for this is because if the carbon deposits are not fully removed but somewhat loosened from the piston, it makes it easy for it to float inside the...
  14. K

new brake lines?

Yes, get them. I had to get new ones with my JD 2.5".
  15. K

off to the exhaust shop

Honestly, I wouldn't get a gibson. Other than the fact that they are stainless, they are way too much money, and from what I have read, dont have too good of a sound. A delta 40, 50, or regular 50 series will sound good. Its hard to describe the sound of my delta 40, but it sounds really good...
  16. K

off to the exhaust shop

I know mine doesn't have a dual inlet like yours, but I got a Flowmaster Delta 40 with 2.25" and I think it is perfect. I thought before I got it that the 40 would be way too loud, but as it turns out, I wish it was a little louder. It cost $225, which I think is an alright price considering...
  17. K

So what the heck does a drop pitman arm look like?

That actually looks like a stock one. Aftermarket ones for lifts drop a lot more than that.
  18. K

$2 Dollar NoS!!!

Wow, what ignorance. Hairspray, o2, wd-40, they wont make your engine produce more power. It will just screw stuff up.
  19. K

Please Help! Extended Shackels or Add A Leaf?

The amount of degree that longer shackles would cause the pinion to change is small enough that it would actually compensate for the lift and correct the pinion angle. If the shackle was adding a higher amount of lift, then I could see a problem. However, longer shackles are visible from the...
  20. K

Section525 got new shoes and socks!

I really like them. I have to ask though, what are your plans for the older AR rims? I may be interested if you are willing to sell them.
  21. K

Engine Swap

If money is no object, then why would you do all of this to a 94? Why not get a newer vehicle?
  22. K

Rebuilding the 4.0 OHV

23. K

Rebuilding the 4.0 OHV

New Pistons:
  24. K

40x13.50x20 x-terrains

I saw a picture of them somewhere on the net. They look pretty rediculous. Kinda defeates the purpose.
  25. K

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

I really like mine. They have a great color being very white and not blue, and they are quite bright. I use my PIAA 520's much less now that I have the Silverstar's.
Back