Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Elessar65

Might be saying goodbye to the 'Sploder

Once I get rid of the other vehicles sitting around I'm planning on parting some of it out. The read end for sure. It got 4.10s and a locker.
  2. Elessar65

I've owned it since 2006, so I've had it for a bit.
  3. Elessar65

Well, I bought a new (to me) '17 EcoBoost F150 a couple days ago. That's the new daily instead of the old Explorer. I have too many non drive-able vehicles parked out back. A 96 supercharged Riviera (still runs and drives fine, just has no AC and a broken drivers seat back.), a 2002 Mounty with...
  4. Elessar65

Slowly Going Away

Yeah. That's a tough proposition around here though. Getting a decent one. I've been looking and most a pretty high mileage, which means I'd end up needing to replace the tensioners and etc. Also I don't want a 4dr, I love my Sport, lol. That REALLY narrows it down.
  5. Elessar65

Slowly Going Away

Death rattle initiated. As much as I would like to keep the truck, I think this may be the end, given the body rust and steering/suspension work that needs done as well, (I've been putting off ball joints and TREs for a while now). I really want to keep her, but because of the other issues I...
  6. Elessar65

Race Car!

Cage, fire suppression, brakes ( within reason) tires, etc. count as safety stuff. So We'll be looking for some race tires, and a big brake kit, or at least performance rotors and pads.
  7. Elessar65

Race Car!

So, cut the coils to lower it, and bolt on a junk yard turbo? Got it!
  8. Elessar65

Correcting for bigger tire size

The difference you are talking about is about 10%. That's pretty mild, assuming you are going from the 235/70R16 to your 265\70R17. So if your speedo says 65, then you are going 10% faster. 71.5. If it says 45 then you are going 49.5. Not a big deal really, The speedo isn't exactly a precision...
  9. Elessar65

Race Car!

So, long story short. Some friends and I are seriously contemplating entering the 24 Hours of LeMons. If you don't know what that is, or why you should do it (you should), then click here. Anyway, I have, sitting in my back yard, a "pristine" 2002 Mounty 4.0 RWD with only a paltry 250k miles on...
  10. Elessar65

I don't quite know how to ask this

Wrong forum
  11. Elessar65

Wheel sizing

Will 15s fit on a 2nd Gen Sport? I'm not sure they'll clear the calipers. Also, if anyone has a 16" alloy with the grey "holes" they want to part with that would be good too. Managed to break a wheel the other night. Good times... :rolleyes:
  12. Elessar65

Slowly Going Away

Not a lot of action in this forum anymore. Everyone is slowly moving on from the 2nd Gen X, and they are going away. I still see plenty on the road every day, but not too many people modifying them. I guess about everything has been done to them that can reasonably (and sometimes unreasonably)...
  13. Elessar65

5R55E cooler line fitting at trans

I ended up just flaring it and shoving the rubber hose onto it. Braided lines and AN fittings, plus the Earl's sticker probably would have made it a lot faster though....
  14. Elessar65

SAS or IFS lift?

Solid axles aren't the be all end all. Neither is an independent suspension. Independent is better, in my opinion, if money is no object. The issue, and the reason most rigs run solid axles, is that to get an IFS or IRS to be able to handle the sustained abuse that a solid axle can is...
  15. Elessar65

What's that sound?

OP's signature indicates a 98 4wd with a manual trans. So that makes it an M5OD-R1 with a 4405 TC (I think?), so if that is the vehicle in question then he has 4auto-4hi-4lo. Auto uses PWM with the TC clutch to vary the amount of torque to the front wheels.
  16. Elessar65

Need help diagnosing front end howl

Put the truck on jack stands, and make sure its solid. Run it while using a mechanics stechascope (or screwdriver/prybar held to the ear) to try and isolate the noise.
  17. Elessar65

What's that sound?

The ABS pump cycles a lot faster than that, I don't think its ABS related. I would be more inclined to believe it has to do with the transfer case.
  18. Elessar65

I suppose I could take them off and figure it out myself, but that's not how things work on forums. Please spoon-feed me the answer, lol.
  19. Elessar65

Long ago, I smashed flat the metal lines for the cooler that run under the rad. I cut them out and replaced them with rubber back then. I've long since replaced the stock external cooler with one that came with AN fittings (which I replaced with barbs for said rubber line), I'm tired of...
  20. Elessar65

Beating cancer

Aaaand done. The exhaust on this actually sounds good. I haven't heard it without that leaking exhaust fart sound in a long time.
  21. Elessar65

Beating cancer

Who's the jack wagon who put this together all f'd up? I need to talk to that guy. Oh wait, that was me 10 years ago.
  22. Elessar65

Beating cancer

Replacing cats today. And apparently most of the exhaust fasteners. How early is too early to start drinking? :(o_O
  23. Elessar65

Beating cancer

Well, the body is going to have to wait. I need to replace the exhaust since that fell apart. Getting a lot of looks driving it because of the massive fart sound from all the holes.
  24. Elessar65

My Explorer Sport Build

I used to, but its been a while. Probably all gone now.
Back