Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

gear swap

I swapped in 4.10's when I went to 33" tires and they are working fine. Speedometer and tranny shifts are right on with this setup whereas 4.56 would be a bit stronger pulling but mileage would suffer. Just depends on if you need the extra grunt with a little less mileage.
  2. A

Air condition not working properly

The AC control head? What part would that be?
  3. A

Air still blows but not cold and it comes from the defrost vent up by the windshield instead of the air-conditioning vents. Not over accellerating, just normal like going up incline on freeway or passing. Never to the floor or really hard.
  4. A

The air-condition blows out the vents normally when driving unless I get on the gas pedal or the cruise causes the tranny to downshift. Then the cold air stops coming out the vents until the truck stops accellerating. 90+ degree trips are beginning to become unbearable with this constant...
  5. A

Anyone know anything about the new ProComp 3" 2WD lift kit?

oops!!! The previous post should have said 33"
  6. A

Anyone know anything about the new ProComp 3" 2WD lift kit?

Nice kit. I been running this kit for close to a year now. 35" AT's, 15X8 Mickey Thompson Classics, shackles, 3" PA body lift. On a 4dr with the leaf pack as compared to the 2dr with mono-leaf. The add-a-leaf supplied with the kit is a relatively short leaf which, in my opinion, doesn't...
  7. A

Looking for 3" body-lift install write-up?

Thanks a million!!! That's it!!! Thanks a lot. I thought I had it saved in my favorites but looked all day Sunday and couldn't find it. Got everything installed last night except three body bolts.(kit bolts too long) Buying new bolts and finishing up tonight. Thanks again for the link Jefe.
  8. A

Looking for 3" body-lift install write-up?

I can't remember the link but it is a write-up of a 3" body-lift being installed on a 2001 explorer with lots of picks and information. Please help me find the link.
  9. A

Driveshaft length with S.O.A. conversion

With a S.O.A. conversion on a '99 2wd X with auto tranny the driveshaft yoke slips out out of the tailshaft of the tranny about 2" with the wheels on the ground. I'm sure with flexing and whatnot this amount would be too excessive to be safe. Has anybody experienced this problem and how did u...
  10. A

spindle lift turning problems

Fixed mine by grinding a-arms Marked the sspot on the a-arm where the new spindles contact it and ground the lip off about 1/2 deep. Keep watch on ABS sensor so you dont grind too much material as to let the spindle contact the sensor and crush it. You will see what I mean when you get under...
  11. A

hood scoop

Lund scoops just installed the lund eclipse hood scoops this past week end and really pleased with them. can send pics if interested.
  12. A

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

pics not working 4 me Saved this thread a while back for reference for when i get my set of indiglo guages 1st of February. Now the pics are not working. Worked fine on original post. Is there a problem on your end with the pics showing up? Anyway, excellent job on this most informative...
  13. A

Console Wiring Schematic

Hey guys, I need the wiring schematic for the center console. The 2X3 plug from the dash to the console with about 200 wires in it is what i need the scheme for. Got a console out of a '98 Limited with all the bells-and-whistles and would like to get as much as possible working. Gonna be a...
  14. A

Guess the before

Any more pics and info? How bout a website for S.N.O.R.T. or any more pics. Totally awsome truck. Ready to build my '69 EB. Got all the parts just no body. Think i wii go the hybrid route.
  15. A

Replacement Suggestions??

I'm running the Michelin LTX and they are excellent for hiway driving. No noise but like you say, not a very agressive tread pattern.
  16. A

Need help installing spindle lift

Just purchased a 3" lift for my '99 2WD Explorer from 4Wheel Parts Wholesale. Came with 3" spindles for the front, add-a-leafs for the rear, and 4 shocks. The spindles are made by a company called Bull's Eye Industries and have part number FX-300. When installed, the ABS sensor is about 1/4...
Back