Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

02 Sport Trac Bogs down while trying to accelerate

It seems to do it alot once its been running over ten minutes.
  2. M

02 Sport Trac Bogs down while trying to accelerate

Guys, need some help here. I have a 02 Sport Trac with the 4.0 and I also owned a 01 Explorer Sport 4.0 and have the same problem. While driving when i push the gas pedal down a little harder the RPMS will drop slightly and the car just bogs until I let off the pedal and then press it down...
  3. M

94 Saturn SL2 5 speed. Need Help!!!

So old faithful has 250k miles on it. Runs great, clutch doesnt slip at all. All was good till one day after work i go to leave and after starting car i notice it wont shift into any gear. Shut the car off and it shifts into every gear. Checked the cables and they are ok. I left it in first...
  4. M

Location of Speaker Harness in rear of 02 sport trac

I have a 02 sport trac and i want to put a 4 channel amp in for the new speakers i am putting in. I know in my last explorer which was a 01 sport, there was a harness in the right rear where the speaker wires had a disconnect in the rear which id guess was for a factory amp if installed. Does...
  5. M

Subwoofer Popping when hitting bumps, hitting brakes or taking turns...

So i have a 02 sport trac and got the mtx thunderform under the seat. Have a 4500 mtx sub in it with a mtx amp. Gains barely over half way up. Just recently it started making popping noises like its getting static in the lines, sometimes small and sometimes enough to make the sub hit pretty...
  6. M

Slight vibration/humming noise over 75.

Thanks man for that TSB. It starts at 80 and gets worse that faster you try to go. Im hoping its just the tires or U joints.
  7. M

You can feel it just a lil in the steering wheel, but can also feel it in the seat too. It feels to me its coming from the front. Im gonna move the tires around and see if it changes at all.
  8. M

Just picked up a 02 sport trac. Has used destination tires on it. Seems to run smooth. But once i get to 75 on the highway i start to feel a slight vibration and hear a humming noise. As the speed goes up the worse both get, once it gets below 75 it goes away again. Now i just replaced...
  9. M

Polyfill in Sport Trac Under the seat box???

So i bought the box that fits under a 02 sport trac passenger side seat. It has .45 cubic ft and i bought a 10" thunder thin mtx sub. Problem is of course it needs .65 cubic feet. Will polyfill help or is this probably gonna sound bad. I dont wannt put too much in because the box is already...
  10. M

Factory Amp Location - Sport Trac

my 2002 doesnt have a factory sub but i was wondering where stock amps were located on the sport tracs. Im gettin ready to put a 4 channel amp in and id like to tap into a speaker harness instead of running wires through each door. On my 01 sport there was a harness disconnect on the passenger...
  11. M

Which Sub for a Sport Trac

I just got a 02 sport trac after my 01 explorer sport was destroyed. Im getting the box that fits under the passenger rear seat but i cant decide which sub to get. Always been a mtx fan so the Jackhammer JH45 10" or the MTX Audio TT6510-04 shallow sub are my first two options. I have a us...
  12. M

Sub Preference for 02 sport trac

So in my 01 explorer (RIP) i had two 12" MTX in a nice big sealed box. Of course this will not work now so im trying to figure out what to do. I saw some ppl try to put boxes behind the back seats but i dont wanna take out the cargo box so thats out. So its all under the passenger seat. So...
  13. M

New Sport Trac Owner

Well my 01 explorer sport is dead, idiot kid was racing and ran into the back of me flipping the explorer. So i got a 02 sport trac. Now im used to 2 12 mtx subs and know thats out of the question. My question is what works the best under the seat. I saw boxes but do they secure well and...
  14. M

No downshifting unless turning overdrive off

So recently i noticed at highway speed, the car no matter how fast or far you press the gas pedal will now downshift at all. You can smash the gas and sometimes it bogs down other times it slowly starts to accelerate. The only time i can get it to downshift correctly is if i turn the overdrive...
  15. M

Mystery coolant leak and misfire

After looking around. Im seeing some wet spots behind the top thermostat housing. Its towards the back of the motor. Reading some of the comments i figure maybe its time to replace the thermostat housing assembly. I see Dorman makes a complete replacement pretty cheap. Im also gonna put...
  16. M

If it is a crack like you say. Which does make perfect sense. Is there anything i can use or is it a ticking time bomb until its repaired? I know alot of chemicals and sealants out there that say they can help. Any truth in that?
  17. M

yea oil level isnt moving, no sign of water either
  18. M

So 01 explorer sport has 164k miles on it. I started noticing a coolant smell while driving on the highway. No temp fluctuation at all. A week later no warm air to find that the overflow tank was empty and the radiator was very low. I cannot find any signs of a leak. Around any hoses, water...
  19. M

Pcv valve wrap around pipe???

So i have a 01 explorer sport. Has the pcv valve that has the pipe wrapped around it. my question is what exactly is it for??? I plan on replacing alot of the vacuum lines soon and the T connector. I looked back for the pcv valve to notice that the previous owner plugged a new valve in but...
  20. M

Swapping out ECU

Either way figured might try swapping ECU, but im thinking now being its a 01 that i gotta take the new ECU and my keys to ford and have them sync them up.
  21. M

Swapping out ECU

Ok so garage believes ECU/PCM is bad because it does not throw check engine lights or codes when you unplug maf sensor or a few other sensors. So i got one thats certified out of a exact copy of my 01 explorer sport. Swap them out, go to turn car on, hear fuel pump prime but soon as i turn the...
  22. M

Mass Air Flow Sensor

Yea we both dont think its the MAF anymore either, but the reason he thinks the ECU could be a problem is because as soon as you unplug the maf the check engine code should come on right away, but it doesnt at all nor does it throw a code at all. The idle doesnt even change, so our first...
  23. M

Mass Air Flow Sensor

OK so update. Mechanic thinks it might be the ECU/PCM. I was there with him and he unplugged the MAF, idle barely moved and the check engine light doesnt come on or cause a code to throw. The code they found was IAT which he said is normally with the MAF but no MAF code. Guys pretty damn...
  24. M

Mass Air Flow Sensor

I have a 01 explorer sport. I continue having idle issues where the car after warming up at idle seems to wanna stumble and miss alot. Seems to drive fine besides sometimes when u have to really push the gas down to get it to go but when its at idle it just stumbles really bad. No check...
  25. M

Coolant smell and stumbling engine!???

Dont smell any by the exhaust. Are 01 known for leaky intake manifolds like ppl have told me? And what else would cause cylinder 6 to misfire a few times a year and the plug always being worn more?
Back