Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Flex / Taurus Shifter ?

For any that have done this mod, has anyone disassembled the chrome accent piece down the center of the shift handle? Am blacking out all of my dash chrome and want do do this piece as well . . . would like to remove without breaking it.
  2. J

07 ST mods with Mountaineer Parts

Hey, how does that bezel trim come off? Mine looks like it is heat staked to the black dash panel??
  3. J

Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech

You won't need a spacer. Unlike the current crush sleeve that goes between the two bearings, the new shaft has a step in it near the outer bearing. That is why the new shaft uses a bearing with smaller ID. The shims go between this step and the outer bearing. I had all of my settings...
  4. J

Yes, I now have 4.10 gears front and rear. Worked out great, but took some doing to come up with the right gear set for the front. There is no crush sleeve application in a 4.10 ratio for this housing. The only gear set available in a 4.10 ratio is YG D30-411. The part number says 411, but...
  5. J

Some great information here. Much of it was very valuable! However, take it from my experience . . . DO NOT use the Jeep Liberty [ LIB ] parts listed for the front axle [2002-2007]. They are NOT the same. I have a Jeep Liberty front axle paper weight to prove it! Both are versions of the...
  6. J

Headers

It was just over $2000. I was looking for the most torque, so they built a Tri-Y long tube design . . . so that's 4 into 2 into 1 collectors on each side. Thick heavy duty flange. Have had no leaks in 3 years. All stainless construction. They did an awesome job of making them pretty much...
  7. J

Eaton Detroit TrueTrac in 2008 ?

This is the Torsen T2 unit that is now branded as a Ford Racing product correct? I have seen this. It's actually a little more expensive than the Eaton version. Lowest price I've found is $556 vs. $529 for the TrueTrac. The main reason I was looking for the TrueTrac is that the published...
  8. J

Right. But in this post, The Electrician reported that he installed this in a Gen 4 and even showed videos afterward . . . Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech This is where I got the part number for the 8.8, that Eaton and shops say shouldn't be compatible . . . hence the...
  9. J

So, I read the awesomely detailed post by The Electrician. I'm looking at the Eaton TrueTrac for my rear. Here's the confusion . . . according to Eaton's site, this differential is NOT compatible with the IRS configuration, only a solid axle with C clips. I have consulted several 4WD and...
  10. J

Headers

I have a 2008 Sport Trac 4.6, and I have headers, but had to have them custom built by Jardine Headers in Casper, WY. The do fit, and are serviceable, but extremely tight in there!
  11. J

Limited slip opinions

Did you ever do the differential swap in the rear?
  12. J

Differential Replacement Question

Did you ever figure this out? I'm curious about the same question!
  13. J

ST: Limited Slip Differential Install Into 4X4?

Anyone installed a limited slip differential into a 4WD? Does the 4WD system care?
  14. J

Compatible Front Differentials

Anyone know what other year Explorer front differentials are compatible with a 2008 Sport Trac? Want to swap in a 4.10 geared version.
  15. J

Anyone Done A Gearing Change?

2008 4.6 V8. The PCM shouldn't care, right . . . as long as both rear and front are the same gearing?
  16. J

Topper / Camper Shell

Anyone have a topper / camper shell on their ST? If so, which brand? Do you like it? Mind posting photos? Thanks!
  17. J

Dyno Help

Having a set of headers built for my 2008 4.6L. The builder wants to do a before and after dyno run, but only has a rear wheel dyno. Searched the forum on how to disable the front end. Found info that stated to pull fuse #6 and other info to pull fuse #33 . When we try this, the motor just...
  18. J

Exhaust Manifold Stud Removal Tips..

Yeah, thanks for the info!!! I have at least 2 broken and they're on the pass side, right at the front . . . and as you said, right behind the strut tower. Any suggestions there?
  19. J

Parting Explorers, 98 5.0, 99 4.0, 99 5.0

Thanks pedstang! It's taken me a little while to get around to responding, but just wanted to say that I am more than pleased with the transfer case purchase. Price was fair. Shipping was very fair! TC was in great shape, better visually than mine, AND worked perfectly! Was crated in a...
  20. J

XLT 2 Piece Front Bumper Question . . .

Can anyone tell me exactly how the 2 pieces of the XLT front bumper attach to each other, and exactly what fasteners I would need if I bought the 2 pieces to replace my one piece Limited bumper? The parts diagram shows a "rivet" and a "screw" but doesn't show where they go or how many of each...
  21. J

White XLT With Black Grille?

Anyone have a white XLT with a black grille? If so, could you please post photos. I'm thinking about doing the XLT look on my limited with black fender flare trim and bumper accents but not sure what it will look like when my black grille is right next to the black bumper. Thanks!
  22. J

2010 sport trac lift kit?

Which Lift? Which lift is this? Thanks?
  23. J

Sent you a PM. Thank you!
  24. J

V8 AWD Transfer Case Do you have one with low miles, and/or good condition?
  25. J

Low Speed Clicking Noise

I have a low speed clicking noise. Only happens after it's been driven a mile or so and warmed up. I thought for sure it was the CV joint on the front drive shaft. My mechanic crawled along side the truck as I was going really slow and said it sounded like it was coming from there. I just...
Back