Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Had a little fender bender

I come with bad news. The truck is totalled. The insurance adjuster told me that it was totalled just from the body work alone, not even including the front end work. In the next couple days I'm going to pull all of the accessories off of the truck. I'll put them up on the for sale board.
  2. M

Luckily no one was hurt in the accident. Everyone walked away. I was cited. I'm pissed about that. The officer said that I failed to yield, which is completely absurd. I stopped, looked, didn't see anyone, so I went. Then I got cracked. I emailed MKW the night of the accident. They...
  3. M

You can't tell from the pics, but the back quarter is banged in too, plus the tail is busted.
  4. M

well guys, Leaving work yesterday I had a run in with a Honda Accord. I had stopped at an intersection, looked didn't see any cars coming. Before I knew it, I was across the street on the opposite sidewalk. She broad sided the whole passenger side of my truck. I couldn't see her due to some...
  5. M

22's on an Explorer

You will definetely have some rubbing with those wheels. I'm running 20's on my X and they rub when I cut me wheel all the way, either way. I'm running a 265/50 tire on them. Mike
  6. M

Lights or no lights??

Thanks for the feedback, Now you've got me thinking about putting them back on. They do give alot illumination when I need it and they're not half bad looking either. I'm gonna drive around a few days and see how I like it. Keep the comments flowing though. Thanks, Mike
  7. M

Lights or no lights??

Hey guys, I've been thinking the past couple days. I had a set of PIAA 520s on my brushguard. I took them off yesterday. I'm looking for your opinion, does the truck look better with or without them? Thanks, Mike Dead Link Removed This pic is kind of old. Just imagine that...
  8. M

Who has the loudest system in their explorer?

Here's a pic of what I'm running: Dead Link Removed Plenty of Bass for me.
  9. M

Holy cow....New Alternator is a MUST

My alternator is on it's way out too. When the bass hits hard, my voltage needle moves with it. I have a 1 farad cap too. I've been looking around and Mr Alternator has some nice high output ones. They'll even powdercoat them for a little extra. Mike
  10. M

Finally got the 20's on...

Thanks, Fred The wheels ran me around $1600. The tires were rather pricey. They cost $1000. For the most part I don't think it was too much for a set of 20's. For all the looks I get, It's priceless :). Mike
  11. M

You're about the 10th person in line. LOL
  12. M

Mainfraim, I got the alpine indash dirt cheap. I bought it off of a spoiled kid that I know. I hooked up a system in his car and he sold it to me for $400. Mike
  13. M

Nitrogen in tires

I work for an Air Conditioning company too. One day I had a flat so I filled up the tire in my work van with nitro. Can't notice any difference. Mike
  14. M

Hey, The truck is tilted because I took the picture an a hill. It does look as though the back is sagging, but it's not. I don't remember what size tire I was running. They were Goodyears on stock rims. I'll have to go check. The new tires are 265/50/20 though. Thanks, Mike
  15. M

Nope, I just put them on yesterday with a full tank of gas. I'll let you know how the mileage does in a few days. I'm thinking that it will definetely drop several miles per gallon.
  16. M

Thanks, Believe or not it actually rides better. I have Goodyear tires on my stock rims and I hate them. It handles the road much better with the wider tires. It is even better on the bumps.
  17. M

Well guys, I finally got the wheels on my truck. Yes it is 4x4. I had the opening in the front wheels opened up at a machine shop. Here are the specs: MKW MK9 20" wheels Toyo Proxes S/T 265/50/20 tires Let me know what you think. Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed...
  18. M

Anybody ever build a custom box that fits into the rear panel (factory sub location)

You may be able to squeeze a 12 in there if you make it out of fiberglass. Just make the front out of 3/4"mdf and mold the back with fiberglass and attach it. Sounds easy, but it's a pain in the butt. Mike
  19. M

Recarpeted Box, any comments?

Taxxman2k2, I got the carpet at a local shop. Stinger makes it. I believe that Sounddomain carries it. Take a look there. Yes, I did make the box. I do all of the work in my truck myself. I actually do all of my friends cars too. ;)
  20. M

I usually resize them down. I completely forgot about it. I'm going to do it right now. Thanks
  21. M

I messed up the link... Here's the old box Dead Link Removed Here's the new box.... Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed
  22. M

Hey, I got fed up with how my box looked. When I made it, I rushed and bought some cheesy vinyl that didn't match very well. Well anyway, I just recarpeted today with grey carpet. I also added plexiglass over the amps. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Mike Old Box Dead Link...
  23. M

wiring 3 amps?

I definetely wouldn't put that large of a fuse. I would put something close to what they recommend or possibly even smaller. If it blows replace it with a larger one.
  24. M

setting on amp.Stumped???

Do you actually have them wired in series? Are all of you +'s tied together and all of your -'s tied together. If so it's paralleled.
  25. M

setting on amp.Stumped???

Running those speakers in series is going to create a 18 ohm impedance. Which is pretty high. I would run them in parallel which would create a 2 ohm load as long as your amp can handle it. How many channels is your amp? As for the popping it sounds as if you have an air leak. If you push...
Back