Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

80,000 Mi TUNE UP

As far as the oil change goes. I use a Purolator PureOne filter on my truck. I've done countless hours reading about comparisons on oil filters and IMHO this is the best oil filter currently on the market for a daily driven vehicle. I also reccomend using Walmart's house brand oil. I use...
  2. J

Anybody replaced a clutch in a 5-spd trans

Just wondering, but have you looked into a clutch kit for a Ranger with the 4.0 motor?
  3. J

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in Transfer Case

I would reccomend using the friction modifier regardless of what the bottle says. Also, I reccomend using the 75W90 gear oil for the front diff, but to each his own.
  4. J

Power Inverter Install Question

Here you go. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237721&highlight=inverter
  5. J

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in Transfer Case

Full-time professional dealership mechanic here, my personal truck is a 2002 Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 here. Switched front and rear diffs to Mobil One gear oil and T/C to Mobil One Mercon ATF all at the same time. Probably 20-25k miles since changing the fluids. Absolutely no problems at all. Go...
  6. J

Exhaust Flange nut help (seized)

As a full-time professional mechanic at a large dealership. Try using an oxy-acetylene torch to heat up just the nut and then spin it off. Otherwise just cut and replace with a nut and bolt. Done this dozens of times with not a single problem. Post if you need more help.
  7. J

Bolt pattern?

Careful with those! I'm pretty sure that 15" wheels will not fit on 2002-2005 explorers. If I do recall, they will not fit over the calipers or something along those lines. I could be wrong, but I don't believe so.
  8. J

best flowmaster for 04 explorer

I've got a 2002 with the 4.6 liter. Earlier this year I put a 40 series on there with the rest of the exhaust bone stock. Sounds great. Not too loud, but gives a nice throaty deep sound. Very good sound, made a nice improvement in throttle response and a little bit of seat-of-the-pants gain. No...
  9. J

Another tire question... (or 2)

While it is true that your ABS and Traction Control systems utilize wheel speed to monitor and take apropriate actions, upgrading to a larger size tire will have virtually no effect, especially given the very minor change in size being referenced here. For most manufaturers, and more importantly...
  10. J

tires

I just put them on my truck about 2 weeks ago. They fit great.
  11. J

Power Inverter Install How-To

Sorry, not really sure what you mean by this? I dont understand why you dont think the 100amp breaker is enough. Maybe I am just confused, could you explain this for me?
  12. J

3rd Row Seat Delete

I wouldnt call it a secret. Just unbolted the rear seats, laid some carpet down where the jack and supplies used to be. took a piece of wood, cut it to size, then covered it with carpet. Had the wood sitting at home and got a big piece of marine grade carpet for $5. Sprayed the one side with 3M...
  13. J

EXHAUST... X is up in the air !!!!

I know its off topic, but I cant seem to find an exhaust clip for a 4.6 with a 50 series muffler. Can anyone post a link?
  14. J

Magnaflow 14" 4"x9" body exhaust clip

Sounds decent. Still think a flowmaster wins out by a hair though. To each his own anyways; as long as your happy it doesnt matter.
  15. J

3rd Row Seat Delete

Decided that the 3rd row seats were taking up space and had no value for me. Heres a pic of what it looks like now. Im really happy with it. Let me get your opinions, maybe I will do a quick how to write-up depending on the feedback.
  16. J

I thought about it initially; however I decided against it to keep it removable if necessary. It's easy enough to access it, so I didn't think it would be very advantageous.
  17. J

Some side notes on this install. I did this after my 3rd seat delete, so if you're still using the 3rd row seating, you may have to come up with some different mounting places. Second, I way oversized the wiring for this to give me better performance, and more room to upgrade for a larger...
  18. J

Decided to install a power inverter in my truck for camping and whatever else I might need it for. I decided to go with an 800 watt continuous and 1500 peak model. Parts Needed: Inverter 18' Black 4AWG Wire...
  19. J

Magnaflow 14" 4"x9" body exhaust clip

Yup, linky no worky for me either.
  20. J

86EXPLORER86's 04 Explorer

"Cocaine White" Explorer? C'mon man. How old are we? You need to work in this pig or get a different vehicle.
  21. J

Tow hooks fit with bull bar?

Sorry, seems like a bit of a language difference. I am referring to what your calling a "nudge bar". More specifically one of the westin one's with the stainless lower grille.
  22. J

rear body panel crack? who has it!!

I have two cracks in that rear panel, one comes down from the top to about an inch off-center of the emblem and stops. Then theres one about two inches to the right of the emblem that goes clear from top to bottom of that panel. Annoys the piss out of me... Has anyone gotten Ford to pay for a...
  23. J

Sorry, I fully understand the functionality of the search feature, however that particular forum seemed to pertain to a grill guard and not a bull bar. Different animals, and Im also a bit rushed so I figured I would toss out a quick thread and would be able to get the information quickly.
  24. J

Will tow hooks fit with the bull bar on an 02 Explorer?
  25. J

Single Sub Wiring

According to the manual that came with the sub, the Comp C12 can be either 4 or 8 amp. I believe this means it can be "bridged", right?
Back