Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Misc First gen stuff

Need this stuff gone, no use for it and I'd like to go to someone on the forums. Might have more buried in the garage but for now this is what I have explorer-wise. All I'm going to ask is shipping (although if you DO want to pay for any of these I won't say no). Factory sub enclosure Grey...
  2. J

Wanted B2 spare tire carrier

None of the (few) local yards have any B2's, can't find any online. Let me know price and shipping to 60516.
  3. J

Calling B2 gurus

Looking around for a new DD and happened across this, http://lasalle.craigslist.org/cto/3776854931.html Assuming he gets back to me I will be going to look at it. Anything specific I should look out for on these?
  4. J

Buying higher mileage 4th gens

Looking at buying a 4th gen/2nd gen ST, however the majority of the ones in my price range have mileage that puts them out of even the power train warranty (70k+). Anyone have high (or really high) mileage on theirs? The Mountaineer has 83k on it now and there have not been any real problems...
  5. J

Mountaineer front diff/axle issue

Slight problem with the 06 Mounty (AWD V8) (80k+ miles). Not sure how to describe it other than saying it feels like recently sometimes something in the front end is either grinding or binding and I can feel it through the gas pedal. No other way to know anything is going on as you don't hear...
  6. J

For Sale Ford D70 rear axle

Someone get this thing out of my garage please! MAKE AN OFFER Bought this years ago when I still had the X. No X, no reason to still have it. Came out of a 1980s F250. I'm just going to say $150 OBO. Would prefer pickup but willing to ship on buyers expense (and hopefully knowledge of shipping...
  7. J

July 4th car show

Realize most (if not everyone) will be doing family things during the 4th but figured I'd through this out there anyway. http://www.july4thcarshow.com/ I've gone the past few years when it was over in Woodridge and has always been a good show.
  8. J

Need advice from Trans gurus

Alright so when i bought my Lightning the previous owner had a spare trans and torque converter out of his friends drag Lightning that was rolled. Now I'm assuming since this trans came out of a drag truck it will have a shift kit and a high stall converter. Since I've owned the truck (going on...
  9. J

Abs and tax light

So I'm on the highway in the mountaineer and randomly above 60 mph the abs and tsc lights come on as well as a wrench appearing on the digital display. Sometimes they stay on for awhile sometimes they dont. Anyone know what this problem might be or how serious it is? Got 700 miles to drive so...
  10. J

Viper ACR X

Thought I'd share this.. Info - http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/10/2010-dodge-viper-acr-x-ready-to-fill-your-track-rat-spec-racing/ The second batch of 25 was made making the total 50, number 13 is in the hands of my friend who will be racing it in the Viper Cup Series. He'll be racing August...
  11. J

4.0 Re-Build

Alright this summer I'm finally going to rebuild/build a 4.0 to drop in the X. I'm thinking: 410 Comp cam Headers Throttle Mod Underdrive Pulleys I already have a new coil, plugs and wires laying around in my closet. Anything else i should be going for? Looking to make this a relatively...
  12. J

Hood pins

Anyone know how easy they are to install? and what exactly they attach to? Just got a fiberglass hood for the Lightning and it flaps really bad, nervous about going on the highway with it.
  13. J

? For the bodywork gurus

If i went ahead and bought the necessary equipment (compressor, gun, etc.) for painting how hard is it to get a professional finish?
  14. J

2000 Kia Sportage

Long story short, friend's Sportage broke down, its having trans issues. Won't go into park or anything but 4th gear. Now it's a manual and from what i hear (haven't looked at it yet) in good shape other than that. She plans on selling it for $1000 and since i know how to rebuild manual...
  15. J

Removing AC (93 Mustang)

My friend bought some underdrive pulleys and an AC delete kit for his 5 liter and i'm going over to his house to work on it after i get off work tomorrow. I have no experience with AC at all (neither does he) so i'm wondering if we need to depressurize the system or anything before we remove it...
  16. J

Bigger alternator

Bought a 220 amp alternator and it came with a wiring upgrade kit. And it has a fuse block and fuse with it so do i just replace the wiring coming off the back of the alterntor with the new one and put the fuse in the middle of it? (Which would lead to the solenoid on the fender?)
  17. J

Rear Antilock Lock

Anyone know what it's for/means? My alternator went out the other day after i got through a mudhole and the Rear Antilock Light flashed a few times and then stayed on.
  18. J

Winter Cliffs

Anyone want to go? I'm thinking maybe early Jan. or something, but i'm good for almost whenever. EDIT: Cliffs website http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/
  19. J

PS Leak

So i got a leak from the hose pictured below, was wondering if anyone knows if this is the return hose or a pressure hose.
  20. J

JMan's Mounty

I think i have a disease, me and my parents just bought an 06 Mounty. No real plans yet, going to use it as an occasional DD (my parents liked it so much they wouldn't just let me buy it :( ) and to tow the X.
  21. J

06 Mounty Navigation CDs

So we got it used from a dealer and it has no navi cds with it but has the system installed. Am i going to have to get this from a Mercury dealer?
  22. J

06 Mounty mod ?s

So its the same 4.6 thats in the new (05+) mustangs correct? Are the heads/intake manifolds different? And i'm right to assume the 06 explorer mods will fit?
  23. J

Torquey 4.0 Build

Alright so i'm going to rebuild my OHV 4.0 most likely this winter and with it being a trail rig i just want torque. I'll be going with the 410 Comp cams and so far, thats it :D untill i get some input on what to do to the motor. Any certain bolt ons i should go with? Should i look into...
  24. J

Mta-2

My new toy. Bought it this past Sunday and it was blue & white & black. It's going to be getting an underglow and some performance parts of course. :D You know you have a problem when you start modding a 50cc pocket bike.
  25. J

Summer Cliffs run

Cliffs Aug 23rd Anyone want to go? Date: Aug 23rd Going: JMan689 Mynameisaric Kert0307 01slvrsprt ledzepplin (93 sport, 33's) marcwithaC (possibly)
Back