Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

235/85R16 fit a 2003 XLS?

Thanks for the reply...I had a chance to buy 4 good used for $75 but I passed. I'll stick to the stock size!
  2. R

235/85R16 fit a 2003 XLS?

Can anyone tell me if 235/85R16 tires will fit my 03 XLS? It currently has 235/70R16's. Any upsides or downsides to worry about?
  3. R

door ajar

I ended up having the PS front latch replaced under warranty on mine...would have cost me about $160 including labor!
  4. R

Pete Show Truck

No, I work for Mack Trucks...but I don't own my own truck yet. If I ever get one, it will be a vintage Mack B-Model fully restored and maybe hot rodded a little. The truck pictured was done by Four State Trucks in Joplin...(of Trick My Truck fame) I am a Mack fan, but I gotta say, your...
  5. R

Pete Show Truck

How can you guys have truck thread without a Mack in it?
  6. R

go ahead make fun of me!

I'd like to upgrade to that radio...can you post a close up photo of faceplate?
  7. R

I think my Oh-Three has anger issues!

Update... After waiting over a week, the dealership got the part in and I had to take her in yet again to get this fixed! Turned out to be the passenger's side front door switch causing the DA light to stay on. They pulled the door panel and replaced it while I waited. Took about 20 minutes...
  8. R

HD Radio?

From what I understand, HD radio is completely free (other than your equipment costs) You are able to tune in channels that you cant hear on your standard head unit. But it is like OTA HD TV...you either get it or you don't...there is no static like regular terrestrial radio. I have almost 20...
  9. R

HD Radio?

Anybody make the leap to HD Radio in your X yet? I am thinking about getting a Directed Electronics DMHD1000 add on tuner and mount the remote commander under the heater controls in my 03 X...I've been looking for something to mount on that flat, boring panel for a while...this may just be it...
  10. R

Fram Boost Intake for 4.0!

Why so many Fram haters out there? Have you ever had a mishap? I don't know anyone that ever lost an engine because of Fram Filters! I have used Fram for ever and have never had an issue and I have had vehicles with well over 200,000 miles before I traded them in! As a matter of fact...
  11. R

Seat Belt Sound

Mine doesn't ding at all...the light just stays on for maybe 1-2 minutes then goes out. No chimes...
  12. R

Fram Boost Intake for 4.0!

Hey guys...lets rock Frams world! They currently dont have a Boost Intake for Explorers! The Boost is much like the K&N but cheaper! They do have a link to submit your vehicle and get an email when the Boost system becomes available...maybe if enough of us ask for them to make it for...
  13. R

Seat Belt Sound

X2...that's why I deactivated mine. I always wear my belt and I insist that every passenger wears a belt also! But I don't like being nagged by my truck! LOL
  14. R

Mustang GT Grille for an Explorer?

I found this grille for an F150 that looks pretty hot! Reminds me of the Mustang GT! Do you think it would fit an Explorer? If not, I bet it wouldn't be hard to custom build from a billet grille...thoughts?
  15. R

Well, I got her in the shop early...but they kept her overnight! The dealership can't figure out why the door ajar light is on! Must be more than just a door switch. If it is a GEM module and needs to be replaced and reprogramed, is that the same module that would make my compass and temp...
  16. R

Fuel additive....

I use Lucas often also...I notice about 10-15 miles more from a tank of gas when I use it! Plus better performance.
  17. R

She must be mad at me? First, the door ajar light came on...and stayed on! Here are the symptoms: Dash light stays on all the time Dome light stays on until the vehicle starts moving and then goes out. All door locks work from switches and remote. Power mirrors work. Radio goes off as...
  18. R

Pics of Black Grill on White X?

I'm partial to a black grille... Any good links for the Performance Products Billet grille??
  19. R

03 Service Schedule

My 03 is at 26,300. Is there a 30,000 mile service schedule for an 03? I don't have a manual for this truck. Is there anything I should be aware of or look for?
  20. R

Seatbelt alarm removal

Worked on my 03 perfect! I always wear my belt also, but I hated it when you are at a drive thru and take your seat belt off to get your wallet and that sucker starts dinging!! I don't like to be nagged!!
  21. R

factory radio lock!!

Looks like he is posting from a military base in Iraq...from what I heard, he is lucky to have internet...it is provided by satellite and drops connection frequently. He was probally typing as fast as he could just to get the message posted. I can't answer the question, but I am curious to...
  22. R

yo

Say it like you mean it!
  23. R

yo

So, have you guys seen the Gizoogle tranzilator page yet? It lets you type in normal text and translate into Snoop Dogg Speak. We had a whole thread on this at Taurus Forum and it was funny as hell! Here is the same thing in Snoop: So, have you bizzo's seen tha Gizoogle tranzilizzles...
  24. R

Pics of my new 06 XLS

Ha, not to far away from that...with the black boxes they are putting in new cars, they can pull your speed logs and other sensitve info right from it! Add GPS tracking (On Star) and now they even know where your car has been! Might as well put a cop in the passenger seat!
  25. R

Minor Issue with the 03...Rough Start/Idle & Stalling

I had a minor issue yesterday. Started the 4.0 SOHC and it ran real rough...almost chugging. Gave it a little throttle and it huffed and puffed and then stalled. Restarted and everything was fine? There was one other time it ran rough at start up but never stalled. What can cause this. It...
Back