Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Anyone on here try 265/70/16s?

there's lot's of 3 gen explorers on here with the 265/70/16 you just got to look but here's mine, just click my cardomain link below
  2. 4

Cooper Discoverer ATR

i've heard nothing but good things on cooper brand tires
  3. 4

3rd Gen Tire Sizes

this thread should be stickied in the tire and wheels section or maybe the 02-05 explorer section where everybody with 3 gens with after market tires or wheels of any size or style should post a pic or 2 so others can use as a guide to help decide what they want to do for theres. so here's what...
  4. 4

Buying soon... V8 or V6?

haha thats asome you get so defencive about this topic, i for one am definetly not defending v6's or what ever your trying to say, it's a god dam explorer. you can go and spend thousands on it like you but it's still a grocery getter and people mover in the end no matter what. i bought this...
  5. 4

Buying soon... V8 or V6?

well there might be some truth to this silly and useless debate if the v6 makes more tourqe down low which is probably the case since 4.6 's are reving motors and don't make there power till higher rpms. i've raced 5.0 and 4.6 stangs for the last 10 yrs at the strip and have a very hard time...
  6. 4

Buying soon... V8 or V6?

well were talking about a 30hp & 26ft difference between the v6 & v8 but i've driven both and the only diffrence i noticed is the 8 pulled alittle harder at hwy speeds. when i was looking for an explorer i refused to look at th v6 models and took a 04 limited v8 home for a few days and ended up...
  7. 4

Pics of 265/70/16 REVOS on 3rd gen

for me i noticed a bit of power loss down low for shure but not too noticable up high. it seemes to down shift more trying to find a the right gear now, but after the bigger tires i put a cold air intake on which definetly helped a bit in acceleration and gas milage but the loss of power was...
  8. 4

Pics of 265/70/16 REVOS on 3rd gen

looks good man! thats sooo the size tire that should have come on 3rd gen explorers.
  9. 4

having fun in the snow with the explorer pics

there Wild Track Radial LTR 265/70/16,i got them at Big O Tire, there a really aggressive style A/T type tire with deep and well spaced apart groves. there also siped for ice and snow. these are really quite and tread life is 50,000 miles. i payed $835 canadian for them mounted & balanced.
  10. 4

yeah seymour it was. they have a parking lot that hasn't been plowed yet and looked like a lot of fun but it's pretty nasty up there with lots of deep wet snow. i was solo so i didn't even try it but good times up there for shure.
  11. 4

took it up to one of the local ski hills. it did pretty well in some reletivly deep wet snow. the new tires kicked butt in this stuff, very impressed with them. quit a few 4x4's were stuck up there like a gmc jimmy and a bmw X5 sport utility and a suzuki samurai with what looked like to be 31"...
  12. 4

Got my 265 REVOS today

take a look at my cardomain page link in my sig down below, i have the exact size tire you just got on my 03 xlt and they don't even come close to rubbing. i know every vehicle is diffrent but this size tire is what ford should have put on from the factory thats how good it fits.
  13. 4

Got my 265 REVOS today

congrats, those should look sharp:D
  14. 4

need tire sugestions plz

i'm really happy with these tire so far. there wild track radial LTR made by cordovan.the tread and warranty are good for 50,000 miles.they are a really aggressive looking tread pattern with low low road noise. i was going to get some bridgestone duelers or yokahama geolander a/t but after...
  15. 4

Pic's of your ride

Vancouver Checking In hey fellow canadians :D here's my ride, stock except for the tires and a cold air intake. haven't got to go off road yet since i don't know any one with a 4x4 to go with or really ware to go for that matter. so anybody from vancouver area with any tips message me.
  16. 4

pics of my new 265/70/16 A/T tires

i'm tellin you man don't bother wasting your money on thr recalibrating. i checked my mph to rpm's with the stockers and then with the 265's and there was no diffrence. just a waste of money to do that IMO. if my speedo's of it's by no more that 1 mph or maybe 3 mph at higher speedes at the most.
  17. 4

What if I went One Size Up

definetly worth upgrading to bigger tires, i have notice no change in mpg. the speedo will only be off by maybe 1- 2 mph under nomal driving and maybe 3-4 as you speed increases. here's what my 03 explorer looks like with p265/70/16 tires, not even close to rubbing but fills the wheel wells...
  18. 4

intake for my V6 03 explorer

a guy i know was wondering if i want this off his V6 03 EB taht he just sold and was wondering if this is even worth getting. haven't talked about a price yet but what would this be worth/ any sort of gains from this and will it make my X sound a little more throaty or is it just for show...
  19. 4

or you could use this link and it's caluators to convert tire sizes http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit
  20. 4

the 265/70/16 measures 30.60" tall by 10.43" wide so it basically a 31" tire. as far as my mpg, to be honest i haven't notice a change at all so if it did change it must of only been 1 or 2 mpg tops.
  21. 4

3rd Generation Tire Question.

a 265/70/17 measuers the exact same size as a 265/75/16 which is 31.60" tall by 10.43" wide so it's basically a 32" tire and there are a few people on here and a couple on cardomain who run the 265/75/16 wheels on there 3rd generation explorers with no rubbing on or off roading. so your...
  22. 4

KKM Problems

sometimes those cones can have to much oil on them when there new and what happens is it gets sucked up through the cold air tintake tube and some oil can hit your mass air meter senser which is just a little wire bar and messes up the reading to the computer for your air and fuel ratios. if...
  23. 4

no mine stock came with 235/70/16 on it which is a 29" tire. 285/75/16 is like a 33" tire and will not fit your explorer unless you have some sort of lift.
  24. 4

just put them on today and there awsome.there Wild Track Radial LTR. they fit and the look perfect. this is the size tire these year explorers should have come with from the factory. no rubbing and i didn't feel any loss of power and my speedo still reads the same rpm to mph as when i had the...
  25. 4

4X4 auto ????

thxs gijoecam that pretty much explains my question on what the 4X4 auto does ;)
Back