Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Clunk at full right lock

2006 4.0 2wd. At full right turn, full lock, I get a loud clunk. It’s just one loud clunk. I can continue the turn with no additional noises. It’s not bearings, definitely suspension, just not sure what. Stock tires/wheels. It sounds like it could be a bad bushing or something. Any suggestions...
  2. R

Coolant Fountain!

Ok, done deal. We'll see if everything is ok. Thanks again for the tip. The leaf blower was a success.
  3. R

Coolant Fountain!

Sounds good. I do have a leaf blower. =) Yes, the clip is installed all the way. Won't make that mistake twice. Thanks!
  4. R

Coolant Fountain!

Just on a side note, after reinstalling the temp sensor, I checked the gauge and the temp was within the normal range, so I don't think the engine overheated at all. It was a 2 minute drive around the block.
  5. R

Coolant Fountain!

So, I replaced the thermostat and housing today. I was very proud of my work until... After a careful drive around the block to see how everything was running, I noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment as I pulled into my driveway. I quickly turned off the engine and lifted the...
  6. R

Parking brake handle is broken.

Any new developments on this issue? My handle just broke for the 2nd time. 1st time was under warranty. Now I'm stuck. I might just rig something, but suggestions are welcome. I'm thinking I might visit Ace Hardware and see if they have something I can put together. Or, maybe I'll make...
  7. R

Cracked Tailgate Panel... Not the one you think.

I have an '03 Explorer XLS. The plastic panel just above the license plate, covering the rear liftgate handle, is starting to fall apart. It seems like, when you pull the handle to open the tailgate, its putting to much pressure on the plastic panel and it has started to crack. I'd like to...
  8. R

Broken Brake Plug/Connector. Any ideas?

My 2003 Explorer has been getting stuck in Park intermittently. Most of the time I can shift after a few tries. I have read the numerous threads about shift interlock and the brake switch problems. In checking out the issue, I noticed a broken plug near the brake pedal and I believe this is...
  9. R

Broken Brake Plug/Connector. Any ideas?

My 2003 Explorer has been getting stuck in Park intermittently. Most of the time I can shift after a few tries. I have read the numerous threads about shift interlock and the brake switch problems. In checking out the issue, I noticed a broken plug near the brake pedal and I believe this is...
  10. R

Truck sounds like a jet engine starting

Mine started making this sound when it developed a radiator leak. When I'd top off the radiator, the sound would go away. You might want to check for leaks! It seems like a common problem. I was just told it would cost $1200 to replace!
  11. R

Need help! Explorer at dealership.... Radiator, Wheel hub, etc...

Brought my truck into the dealership today. Its a '06 XLT with about 60K miles. The radiator has been leaking for a while now, but its been running ok. Recently, the front end started humming, and its been getting worse, so I decided to take it in. So, I need a new radiator. No surprise...
  12. R

2006 explorer radiator

Sign me up! Radiator leaking at 48k miles. Want to get a truck, so I'll probably use the stop leak and trade it in (if anyone will take it). Have an '06 XLT. Not sure if its related, but I've always had a problem with a girgling sound coming out of the passenger side dashboard. Dealer could...
  13. R

Engine revvs when braking. Any Ideas?

I think I might have the same problem. Engine revs when stopped or braking. Increases about 1k RPM. Now, I've noticed that when I'm accelerating, it sounds like rushing air through the motor. The tranny seems to be less inclined to shift, but then it goes away. It could be a vacuum problem I...
Back