Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

need to know what transfer case

thats it thats what I was referringing to . Mine is missing on one side. Can you buy them at a parts store . Also are there any how to forums on taking it off and changing the inner and outer bearings.
  2. K

need to know what transfer case

I got a 91 eddie baur . I am wanting to know what transfer case will hook straight up in me converting to manual shift instead of push button. I have searched this site for hours any help will be app. And are both auto hubs supposed to hve the plastic threaded looking things in them . one of...
  3. K

Is water pump shot or can it be fixed?

thanx you all. I already rebuilt shift motor . And where does vent go to .
  4. K

Is water pump shot or can it be fixed?

Today I replaced my radiator in my 91 eddie baur ( it had a crack in it) . When I got it all done I went for a ride it was fine . When I got back I left it running and checked under it for leaks . I found one coming out of water pump at shaft. My question is can you take it apart and replace a...
  5. K

4x4 still won't work

I rebuilt shift motor and replaced bushing put it in and it worked. Then it went out and I tried checking to see if it turned and unaligned pins. It didn't. Today got up went to store on cold run pushed button ( just for heck of it ) and it worked. Then on way back from store it didn't . I...
  6. K

what is brown wire for

thanks but still not really sure what it does or if it will make nothing work at all. I looked at brown wire mod it is not for first gens it's for second and up I think. At least thats what I undersood.
  7. K

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

what is brown wire what is brown wire for . If it is messed up will it still work
  8. K

what is brown wire for

Hey, I have a 91 explorer . the 4x4 didn't work so I took off shift motor and found the crushed bushing . I replaced it with a homemade one. Put it back together it didn't work at first. Then I didn't do anything else to it , but one day I pushed button and it worked. It worked in 4 high and 4...
  9. K

need help with a few things

I figured it all out by searching through threads.
  10. K

r they connected

My windshield wipers was a wire pulled out of harness inside steering column. Heater was blower motor burnt up. 4 wheel drive is bushing in shift motor (still looking for one mine was totally crumbled).
  11. K

Noisy Howling Front End! What is it!!

same thing Mine does the exact same thing to a tee . I haven't figured it out if you do please post.
  12. K

r they connected

I was also wondering what wires on both motors do I hook up to the battery to see if they even work . Thanks for any help.
  13. K

r they connected

I have a 91 exp. 4x4 eddie baur . I am wondering if these things are linked in a wire or something . My windshield wipers won't work , a/c heater fan won't work , push buttons on 4x4 will not do any thing. It was this way when I bought it.I got 4wheel drive to work one time . I was driving...
  14. K

need help with a few things

Hey guys. Ijust bought a 91 explorer eddie baur 4x4. I am wondering if you all can give me any info. My windshield wipers wont come on. I have checked every fuse i can find. My 4x4 wont come on I get no lights on it at all. I have tried nuetral and park and drive. My a/c doesnt work . I get a...
Back