Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

MPG Survey: This time, list all of the following options...

1. - Engine type: 5.0L 2. - Transmission :4sp Auto 3. - Gear Ratio:3.73s 4. - Tire Size :15” 5. - Speedometer Corrected:N/A 6. - Driveline type: 2 WD 7. - List Mods: Jet Chip, Cat Back, MAC Intake, Shift Kit, 180 thermostat, Oil Cooler, synthetic oil 8. - And finally... MPG City...
  2. W

Modifications for 5.0 AWD for more hp

Well your right oil from the tranny does go through the radiator but the engine oil does not. Now my 99 mountaineer has the 5.0 L and 2wd I couldn’t find the engine oil going through the radiator.
  3. W

Modifications for 5.0 AWD for more hp

I tow a 22' Travel trailer with a 99 mountaineer in the mountains of California Intake Yes, Cat Back Yes, Chip Yes, Shift Kit Yes, Trans Pan Yes, Monroe shocks but no air yes, Diff Cover Yes, Trans Cooler MUST HAVE but everyone has missed engine OIL COOLER it helps lots, cooler thermostat Yes...
  4. W

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

There you go ! Read the bottom of page 24 ! Water Vapor !
  5. W

Electric Trailer Brakes questions

Check the wiring but you can also have one out of adjustment. If you turn the voltage up on your brake control and the problem goes away you should adjust the brake. Behind the backing plate is a slot with a rubber stopper. Remove the stopper and you can reach the star adjuster adjust the star...
  6. W

Electric Fan

I have done all the searching and probing and I have found some great write-ups on Electric Fans. Like the fine soul on a quest for 30 MPG I am also looking to improve my MPG but I am also looking for the HP that is lost in parasitic drag on the engine. Well it looks like all the electric fans...
  7. W

Water trap sure if you can find one that can handle the heat and the acids Plus find the room to put it in. But the more volume you add to the system the slower the responce to pressure change which would slow down the computer responce time. The best thing to do is drain the lines every 50,000...
  8. W

A check valve would make the problem worse you need a much larger ID tube before the Transducer so the water surface tension can not hold the water in place in the tubing.
  9. W

Most likely No. Running rich or agian water on the sensor is a big cause have you noticed the water dripping from the tail pipe or Fords wonderful wiring harnesses shorting or open condition?
  10. W

You maybe right that you detected a fault in the DPFE sensor but in 70% of the returned product from Ford the transducers were functional and in operational ranges. Most of the automotive repairs are plug and play so when you replaced the sensor you drained the trapped water in the lines leading...
  11. W

In response to the post about DPFE sensor. Being I work for the company that designed and manufactured the sensor for Ford Motor Corporation I cannot mention the company name. I think I need to add a few statements and clarify some problems here. I am a design and failure analysis engineer for...
  12. W

New Comer

Ebay OK thanks for the help. I will have to work on getting some money saved. I was looking around the site and found alot of infomation. I was born in KS where is humbolt ?
  13. W

New Comer

I have seen the manifold spacer that is on my list $80 is not to bad crane has rockers for $200 so that is most likely the path. While we are talking about intakes throttle bodies anyone making those for our trucks?
  14. W

New Comer

Cast Iron for manifolds, I was look at extrusion honing to clean up the inside of the castings but they want as much for the honing as they do for the headers. But I am sure that the ports are way small in the manifolds. So if I could do some old fashion porting that may help a bit. The cat back...
  15. W

New Comer

See that is what I am having trouble with what style rock is in this motor is it the rocker shaft or the rockers on the pedestal. I have not been able to find the stock ratio for the motor or the style. I know the headers are good thing but the wife is not going for it. So I am doing everything...
  16. W

New Comer

The sharp of the trailer has a lot to do with it. Ours is a 22’ and the GVW for it is 5600 LBS I figure we are at about 4900 lbs when we are on the road. I have pulled other trailers but the story that the airstream is a dream to pull is very true.
  17. W

New Comer

Hay All My name is Bill and I have joined your forum to better understand and modify my 1999 Mercury Mountaineer. I must say up front that I am a GM fan but I adopted the mountaineer when I married my wife. So I have been making the best of it and this truck has been doing a pretty dam good...
  18. W

Hi Everyone - Needs help

Sorry wrong place
Back