Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Explorer died need HELP

Just wanted to update this thread. Well after the fuel pump didn't fix the problem I started chasing wires down because everytime you turn the Key the EEC relay would blow. Finally found the problema after many hours of tracing, it was a burnt wire over near the brake booster than had gotten too...
  2. T

Explorer died need HELP

you are kidding under the carpet, why would they do that?
  3. T

Explorer died need HELP

I did check the relay in the distribution box. Where is the fuel cutoff switch located? It "shouldn't" have tripped, she was just driving straight down the road. No bumps or sudden stops. What is the EEC?
  4. T

Explorer died need HELP

I did check the 1 relay in the distribution box. Where is the Fuel Cutoff switch located? What is the EEC?
  5. T

Explorer died need HELP

On Thursday my wife called me and said that the X died in the middle of the road. Now right away I thought it may have been the fuel pump. About 6 months ago the fuel gauge stopped working so I figured it was only a matter of time before the the whole unit went. When I got to the truck I turned...
  6. T

Oil Pressure GuageC

I wanted the size of the sending unit itself. Thanks anyway.
  7. T

Oil Pressure GuageC

Hey Maniak, can ya tell me what size the sending unit is. I was trying to remove the extension without removing the sending unit, that didn't workout. I know the extension is 3/4" but the biggest wrench I have 13/16". So I'm guessing it must be at least 1" or so. Any info would be greatly...
  8. T

2 Problems

Thanks a lot. I found it due to another post you had on here Maniak
  9. T

Oil Pressure GuageC

Ahhhh, thanks a lot Maniak. I've been looking on here for days now trying to find if someone knew where it was. I too am trying to check the oil pressure. I have found many threads about the unit but not the location. Thanks for the pic.
  10. T

2 Problems

I want to check the oil pressure manually. Can anyone tell me where the oil pressure sending unit is. The manual show a small pic that doesn't tell me much.
  11. T

2 Problems

Well I changed the oil with the Syn and it sounds a lot better. I also did a compression check and 5 of the cylinders checked at 120psi the #4 cyliner checked at 150psi, that cylinder's plug was also messed up. I don't know how to describe it other than the inside of the plug was pushed CLEAR...
  12. T

gas mileage

Really sounds like the FPR to me. I was getting arond 8mpg also. I checked the codes and it was telling me O2 so I replaced that and got another code. I looked on here and everyone was saying FPR so I changed that and it runs great now. I usually get around 17mpg.
  13. T

Wheel Size ?s

What is the bolt pattern size on a 1991 Explorer? Will wheels from other makes fit, such as the Jeeps and Dodges?
  14. T

Cooper Discoverer ATR

When I originally bought my '01 Ranger Stepside it had cheap mudders on it that HUMMED terribly. So I checked around and found the ATRs for 400, installed. Great tire, wore very well, sounds great, even looked bigger on my truck than the mudders did. I would recommend these tires to anyone.
  15. T

2 Problems

Well every Ford I've ever owned has always had pretty low oil pressure so I wanted to put a new pump on anyway. Ya, I know whatcha mean, I have seen that in Haynes too, oh well. I am however, gonna do that another time. Today I'm just gonna change the oil with some Mobil1 Syn. I'll do the pump...
  16. T

2 Problems

I have searched the site, I haven't found much about replacing the oil pump. I have read threads on the other options you suggesti but I didn't want to do any of that until I replaced the oil pump. I didn't want to make an old oil pump work harder than it had to. I do plan on doing those once...
  17. T

2 Problems

So do ya know of an easier way to change the oil pump "mikeinri"
  18. T

2 Problems

Does anyone know of an "easy" way to change the oil pump? I mean is there any way to do it without removing the engine?
  19. T

2 Problems

Quick update. I just came back from "trying" to order my ignition cylinder at the Ford dealer. They told me I should go get another one at AutoZone because they would have to sell me everything in the truck that takes a key: doors, hatch and ignition. It would be over $120 and I don't even need...
  20. T

2 Problems

I think I'm just gonna change everything. The oil pump, screen, gasket, and of course change the oil. I'm gonna do the same with the ignition, just get a new one. This time though I'm getting it from the dealer.
  21. T

2 Problems

Yeah that's what I'm going to do but this will be the second switch in 3 months. Figured there must be something making them go bad.
  22. T

2 Problems

WOW. Thanks for the quick replies. Of course the oil is full, lol. I will get a compression tested. The valves are rattling a little so oil is not being pumped very much. It doesn't idle crazy or anything like that.
  23. T

2 Problems

The first is a recurring one. The X is a 91 so the ignition got a little loose and started getting stuck so I went to AutoZone and got a replacement. A month after I put the new one on it started sticking and not going backwards (so that you can just play the radio.) Yesterday I tried to start...
  24. T

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

My shift motor has gone out. Is it a dealer item? I see you are wanting to buy old ones?
  25. T

4WD Problem and Vibration

I was figuring UJs. I know a lot of time the buttons go bad. I will try cleaning the shift motor. Thanks for the tip.
Back