Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Borla Headers and test pipe.

the fastest i could go on the dyno was 98. but if you let off the gas to let it shift into overdrive then get back on it, it will keep on going.
  2. B

Yes and i also hit the speed limiter in 3rd so i couldent go up to 4700RPM. in 3rd it actually made one more horsepower then in 2nd
  3. B

Lets just say i am glad i didn't pay full price.
  4. B

I got it dynoed! I gaind 5HP and 4Ft/lbs. Not The gain i was hoping for but it is a gain. The gains in sound make it worth it. I can tell that the gas mileage has gone up as well. When we pulled for the baseline it was from 2800-4500RPM and when we did it with the headers it was 2100-4700.
  5. B

it sinks down to 12.6 and that is normal and when it was idleing it was at 14.6 which is right whare it should be. the dyno opperator said the auto makers do that to the fuel to prevent pinging which can destroy an engine. i am getting it re-dynoed tomorrow morning at 9:30 and sence i attend...
  6. B

damn pritty light on here cant really see the RPMs. oh well. The blue line is the TQ, Red is HP, Green is air fuel ratio, and purple is vaccume.
  7. B

That was the power at the wheels calculated at sea level. Sorry i havent poasted them yet, i am waiting for the 2nd dyno. Yesterday morning i finished instaling the headers. I havent had any leaks yet. I ended up having to chop the cat off in order to get the y pipe off, so i decided a test...
  8. B

Show your 1st gen flex

Is it "safe" to trim the bump stops to allow for more up ward travel?
  9. B

I got the results today. It made 111 HP at about 4200K and 150 TQ at about 3K. The power and TQ curves have almost the same shape, the TQ output goes up with the RPM greatly untill it peaks then it slowly drops off. The horse power rises fast to about 3K, then starts to gradually increase untill...
  10. B

I picked up the gaskets today. AutoZone was the only place in town that could get them. the header gaskets were $20.99 and the cat gasket was $9. But the better news is that today i got the ok to dyno my Ex tomorrow to get a baseline. i havent installed the headers yet, but after the install...
  11. B

Here is a little update. got the header welded today to there is no more crack. tried to get gaskets and bolts from shucks but they are a waste of time. so tomorrow i am going to napa to get a hedder and cat gasket. I decided not to use wrap. That is a good idiea with the 3 inch pipe, I...
  12. B

Just scored a set of borla hedders and Y pipe from a local junk yard. it was $2 to get in the yard plus the hedders for $35. there is a small crack on the collector on one but other then that they are in desent shape. I am going to get the crack fixed by the welding department at the college i...
  13. B

Resistor can give more MPG?

tell me if this makes sence. this is ditrctly from the first link "Back in 1997 the founder of a company was about to purchase a performance chip for his 2000 Ford Expedition. This particular performance chip costs over $700. He purchased the performance chip and was satisfied with the...
  14. B

Show your 1st gen flex

It has F-150 spcers and auto zone shackels with eddlebrock IAS shocks in the rear. here are pics http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=44316384&albumId=1552630
  15. B

Looking to make my 94 XLT more off road friendly

here is a link to my X it has 198,000 miles so it is good for mudding. i averave 14 MPG. it does well off road, the tires are 31X10.5. the best part is it was super cheep for how well it performs offroad. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=44316384...
  16. B

bent RA bracket. extended RA arms?

little update. Today after work(6pm) i went to napa and bought the drivers side RA bracket. The guy that "helped" me assumed i was some dumb@$$ kid that diden't know what i was talking about. before he even picked up a book or touched a computer he tried to tell me that my car had A arms and...
  17. B

bent RA bracket. extended RA arms?

so i wrecked my sploder, and on impact i bent the radious arm bracket. This means that i need to replace it. But i was thinking maybe i could put some extended radious arms and brackets insted of replaceing the stock one. Is there a cheep way to do this? here is a link to the pictures of my...
  18. B

i wrecked my sploder yesterday.

i was thinking of just going ahead and buying some exstended radious arms sence i will be lifting it more anyway. how much do they usally cost?
  19. B

how bad have you been ??

Damn. How did that turn out?
  20. B

how bad have you been ??

got a nailed for 75 in a 45 one time. but i was actually going more or less like this. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=44316384&albumID=216950&imageID=3670627 I passed the cop when he was sitting on the side of the road so i instantally slowed down...
  21. B

i was on the freeway going about 60 and a tracker going about 45 cut me off, I tried to stop but it was slick and i just slid. So i went in to the left lane to miss him, but there was a car there too! then i tried to go back in to the center lane to miss that car but i hit her in the right rear...
  22. B

i know i know. I do the myspace thing. but here is a link i posted 3 pics of it. i have a pritty cool video on there too. check it out, and feel free to add me if you want to. http://www.myspace.com/bikeboarder07. I broke the pitman arm flush off the stering box, and you can the rest of the...
  23. B

Engine Swap Ideas (Fun Thread)

the Axod is the same tranny as the 3.0 in the non SHO that is why they go through trannys.
  24. B

Engine Swap Ideas (Fun Thread)

to make a heavy car go fast you need TQ and lots of it. if i were you i would go with the stroked 302. that will most likely give you the most TQ and give you the ability to lay rubber. i dont think any of your other options will do that. but that V6 sho shounds like something for a 2X4...
Back