Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Transfer Case/Front Drivetrain Issue (Binding/Banging/Clunking)

well transfercase went out sounded like the chain broke. replaced the t case and all is well. i think i was feeling the chain slip.
  2. W

i will have to look again but i think my switch says 2wd 4auto 4 lo
  3. W

it is for my 96 i havnt change my info yet
  4. W

is there a fuse I can pull to test the transfer case clutch.
  5. W

hello, I know this is an old thread but I am having the exact same problems with my 96. if anyone has a solution to this problem I would love to hear about what was the problem. thanks
  6. W

My 1996 Explorer with a 4R55E has no gears.

oops i think i have a 4r55 trans. trans code t
  7. W

My 1996 Explorer with a 4R55E has no gears.

jones1997xlt did you ever figure out what was the problem. I have a 96 that is doing the same thing. it is stuck ina forward gear in all positions yes even n and r if anyone has a clue please help. the trans was rebuild 40,000 mi ago. the last trans i had rebuild with this shop went 100,000 and...
  8. W

1996 4.0L possible IAC problem

fixed well stupid me but when the car "popped" it blew the vac hose off the pcv valve. easy fix at least!!:thumbsup:
  9. W

more info hello, here is some more info or i guess a question. can a bad intake gasket "blow out" so that one minute it runs fine the next it wont idle etc. i am going to try a IAC but I am also wondering if the gaskets can make the vehicle almost undrivable or will it just idle funny.
  10. W

Hello, I have a 96 4.0L that did a weird thing today. my wife was starting the car and she said that it popped and some smoke came out from the hood. it then started running rough at idle but would drive fine. she came home and I drove the truck and it sounded like a vacum leak. so i cleaned...
  11. W

RABS bypass

thanks for the help!!!
  12. W

RABS bypass

hello, thanks YBCOLD for the write up. one question, the union that you used. was a part that is easy to find at parts stores or is it a special thread. thanks again
  13. W

RABS bypass

anyone use the autozone rabs valve with success????
  14. W

RABS bypass

i am afraid that a junkyard part will give the same problem. i dont mind buying the autozone part but i dont want to get the lines apart and find out that the the part isnt a good fit. i searched on here and found 2 guys that were having problems with the AZ part. that is why i am hesitant.
  15. W

RABS bypass

anyone???
  16. W

RABS bypass

i guess no one has replaced their RABS valve with the autozone part.
  17. W

RABS bypass

ybcold that is where mine is leaking too
  18. W

RABS bypass

autozone part hello, i have read on here that the autozone part has issues with the threads not being the same as the lines. anyone use this part with no problems?
  19. W

RABS bypass

rabs hello, my rabs valve leaks out the small hole on the end when the brakes are applied.
  20. W

RABS bypass

Hello, I was wondering for those of you who have bypassed the Rabs module. is there a proportioning valve some whereelse or is the rabs the proportioning valve. do your brake "feel" different after you bypassed the module. I am interested in this because i have a high miler that i dont want...
  21. W

1991 ex for SC

Hello, I have a 1991 that is stock. it has 285,000mi and is my daily driver. I love this truck and hope i can make it last a bit longer
Back