Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 7

Solved Solved my transmission jerking / shaking.

I have the same problem but at 1700 rpm will get coils asap
  2. 7

disabling the two-step door unlock

Worked perfect on my 06 Thanks
  3. 7

Front Wheel Bearing

Super simple job I just did both my fronts last week (& now I hear the right rear grrrrrrrrrrr) Anyway the only odd tool you need is a 32mm socket & a breaker bar ( I used my torque wench) before you jack up the car take off your center cap & break the axle nut loose. Then jack up the...
  4. 7

My compass has gone mad....

*** Edit not fixed**** I originally had the compass backwards so I fixed it & recalibrated it by driving in circles & all was well For 1 day now it is off again... Grrrr I would not care but it makes my nav not work. I am in New Jersey so I have tried zone 10 & 11 & It is way off my truck...
  5. 7

My compass has gone mad....

Ok I guess it was always off but I did not notice it on my test drive. I went to use my Nav for the 1st time & it gets all confused. In trying to figure that out I noticed the compass has me going the wrong direction. So something is wrong with my compass (I think) & it is making my Nav...
  6. 7

Truck won't start, 2 weeks after Hurricane Sandy - 2006 Explorer 4.6

How deep was the water you were in? Salt water will F up anything electrical it touches. I had a boat that took on water got about 3 inches from thr base of my carburator. Well I drained the water & she fired right up. took it out of the water & the next weekend it would not start...
  7. 7

Did you know you can turn off the seatbelt chime!

I just did it tonight...... So happy no more chime:D The quick instuctions are Get in your truck hit door unlock button turn key to run & wait for the seat belt light to turn off.... takes about 90 seconds so you have time to play with the radio after the light turns off...
  8. 7

Where was your Explorer built?

Thank you Nice59 Prod Date: 12-OCT-2005 Plant: AV - ST. LOUIS PLANT BUILD Arrival Date: 15-NOV-2005 Sale Date: 19-NOV-2005 Warranty Start 19-NOV-2005 Date: Orig Warranty 19-NOV-2005 Date: Selling Dealer: 314453-* Selling Dlr NY Engine: T/W8 - 4.6L 3V V8...
  9. 7

My new truck wish me luck.

Took a half day from work & went to dmv & got the plates & was going to come home & do the hub & brakes when my wife called to say her car was "clunking" Well just get it apart she broke a swak bar end link so the 1st drive od the truck will be to get parts for her Volvo. new hub & brakes...
  10. 7

Where was your Explorer built?

Z (NA) St. Louis Assembly Hazelwood, Missouri mine is a 2006 Mountaineer
  11. 7

Yeah they have to be the worst factory wheels I have ever seen. & someone paid extra for them:eek: Anyway it has high miles 130k But the trans was rebuilt so that & the fact that it will be the 3rd car in the family (pretty much highway road trips) & she will only get about 6k put on her a...
  12. 7

Well I paid off my car (2007 Audi S4 my daily driver) last month & instead of kicking back & enjoying a nice bank account I bought me a new (well to me) Mountaineer. Had a 2000 Durango R/T for the past 3 years & has been a real good truck but I wanted something newer so welcome my new Mounty...
  13. 7

WINDOW STICKER Get your vehs. orig. window stkr.

This site works But did not work for me :( I guess my 06 is too old http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html?url=4M2EU48827UJ05440
  14. 7

Explorer shopping

As I am going to get this as a 2nd car I am going to look in the 96 to 99 range & with 100k or so to keep it under 4-5K
  15. 7

Explorer shopping

By hold out I guess I should have said limit my search to. I see about 5 6cyl trucks for every 1 5.0 I had 89 mustang gt that i ran up to 195k with the original motor & it still ran like a top so I am a big fan of the 5.0
  16. 7

Explorer shopping

Hello all need a little help on what Explorer to buy. I used to have a 98 5.2 grand cherokee & a 99 4.7 & in both cars the transfer case went & on the 98 I had to rebuild both axles so I dont want to go back to Jeeps. When my daughter was old enuff to buckle herself I sold the Cherokee &...
Back