Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Reverse Sensing System (RSS) Issue

Any fix with this reverse sensing issue? Having the same problem for few days now. It will automatically turn off once gear put in reverse, tried switching it back on while in reverse gear and it won't turn on. You have to put it back to park or neutral then you can turn the switch back on. But...
  2. V

2003 Explorer: buy or not to buy

I have a 2003 EB V8 (4.6L) Explorer and it is a solid vehicle. I have a little over 50K miles in it and still runs like new. I like everything in it. two minor things came up last year though, first was the clockspring shorted out at about 35K miles, then the DPFE sensor around 40K miles. Both...
  3. V

2003 Ford Explorer V8 4.6L Motor Oil Capacity

Hi jrford, what brand of oil filter did you put in? I did mine last night using Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 (5-20) synthetic oil and only use exactly 6 qts.
  4. V

question about 4.6 V8 heads.

Really nothing much to worry about as long as you do it correctly. Just keep in mind that it's aluminum head, so be sure you don't cross thread when you initially put in the plug and don't overtighten it. You don't have room for error with this one.
  5. V

Hi jrford, what oil filter did you use?
  6. V

Hi, How many quarts of motor oil needed for the V8 4.6 Liter Ford Explorer during oil change including oil filter replacement?
  7. V

Engine vibration at idle

If the engine runs smooth but can feel vibration, it can also be engine support or transmission support.
  8. V

Buying soon... V8 or V6?

V6 or V8 you can't go wrong, they're both pretty good engine, but when you will be pulling a trailer, it will be wise to get the V8 and yes, V8 is quicker and faster than the V6 version Explorer. If you decide to get the V8, might as well find the one with Towing Package and you will be happy.
  9. V

Getting an 03/04 EB Explorer to replace my 98 Mounty. Have questions, need advice

Mine is 03' V8 4.6 Eddie Bauer. I have selectable 4x4 auto, 4x4 hi and 4x4 low. I believe it is on 4x4 auto all the time unless you select 4x4 hi or 4x4 low. I think the difference between the limited and the eddie bauer is the two tone paint color and the rims. Limited is only couple of hundred...
  10. V

AWD vs. 4wd

I have an 03' V8 4.6, Eddie Bauer and have 4x4 auto, 4Hi and 4 Low, I believe it's always on 4x4 auto unless you select 4Hi or 4 Low. Mine also have trac control.
  11. V

2005 EB charging system fault

That happened to me with my F-150 and it was the alternator.
  12. V

Ford Says sensors not covered under Emissions Warranty!!!

The thing is, you can't be just replacing parts, somehow need to diagnose too why that parts failed.
  13. V

Ford Says sensors not covered under Emissions Warranty!!!

That's right. not all parts are covered by 8/80,000 miles emission warranty. Some parts or sensor are covered 5/50,000 miles and some are parts are additional 2 years/24,000 miles from the original 3/36,000 miles warranty. How many miles you got on yours?
  14. V

2002 Explorer, Need some serious input

I'm not an expert with vehicles, but with my confidence level I can say that very unlikely that more than one sensor will fail at the same time. Multiple codes don't mean multiple sensors failing. Most of the time only one sensor is failing, but somewhat related with the others, that's why other...
  15. V

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/ford-obdii-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtcs.html
  16. V

Do some research on how to clean the EGR Valve. Also, can you post the original code that you got from Ford dealership and so as the one from Autozone, but please be specific, specify the one from the dealer and the one from autozone if they are somewhat different.
  17. V

Just Purchased My 2002

02 sensor. DPFE and IAC sensor may not be covered by the extended warranty you purchased, but maybe covered by FORD emission warranty. The Ford emission warranty is longer than their bumber to bumper warranty. Some emission components are covered for 5 years/50,000 miles, some components are...
  18. V

New here... Service Engine Soon blinking

Yes hopefully you're covered by the warranty. Keep us posted.
  19. V

Regarding the Change oil soon message, check your manual. I do have a 03' EB Explorer (4.6 V8) and mine actually calls for 5K oil change interval and not 3K. Also, it tells you in the manual on how to reset the oil life to 100% through the message center after performing an oil change and its...
  20. V

How many miles you have with your 03' Xplorer? Reason I asked, Ford have an extended warranty with most of its emission components. Some parts are 5 years/50K miles, some parts are 7 years/75K miles. You may be out of bumper to bumper warranty but your emission warranty might still be good. When...
  21. V

Intermittant Oil Pressure Gauge on 03 XLS

Have you check the oil level? If so and level is ok, It can be few things like; the gauge itself is failing, loose wire from oil pressure sending unit to the gauge, it can also be the oil pressure sending unit or it can be the oil pump. It's best that you take your vehicle to the shop for proper...
  22. V

Adv-TRAC issues, 05 XLT

aspitaletto, have the dealer figured out what was going on with your xplorer? please update us. thanks
  23. V

O2 sensor and cat converter

Ford normally gives 7 years/75,000 miles which ever comes first with some emission component and I think catalytic converter is one of it.
  24. V

Adv-TRAC issues, 05 XLT

Hi aspitaletto, yes please let us know what dealer has to say on that one and what they have to do to resolve it. I have a 2003 Explorer EB (4.6 V8), while running, the abs light and advancetrac warning light came on pretty much at the same time, then message center window notifies me check...
  25. V

2003 Ford Explorer "Clockspring" smoked.

I have a 2003 Ford explorer, 4.6 V8 (Eddie Bauer) and the "clockspring" melted. Smoke came out from the steering column and it smelled that something got burned. Took it to the dealership to have it check and found out that it was the clockspring that got burn and partially melted. The vehicle...
Back