Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dkkne

4.0L to 5.0 ( actually 351W FI ) wiring question.

Anyone reading this thing?
  2. dkkne

4.0L to 5.0 ( actually 351W FI ) wiring question.

Just a quick question for those of you who know or have done this. I have a 351W FI that I am swapping in to my explorer finally, and want to know how to hook the power into the new 351W harness. I am using the diagrams off of the tech section here which are very helpful. Do I cut or splice...
  3. dkkne

Its Dyno Time

if you spend all the money on your rig for performance, you should have enough in your budget to get it tuned. Its really stupid not to plan this int your budget. Frankly, learn tuning on your own, its NOT hard...
  4. dkkne

Puzzled with high idle only when rolling and starting

*sigh* if you are going over 5 MPH, even if you are in neutral, you engine RPM will be raised slightly by the ECM, this is 100% normal.
  5. dkkne

Extending the axle breather tubes...

How did you connect the coiled air hose to the diffs? Can we see an up close picture of the connection points? Have any of you ever used something similar to a one way air vent/valve or PCV valve to keep debris out?
  6. dkkne

How often do you drive your Explorer?

Mine used to be a daily driver until a tropper pulled me over and issued me a warning for tires that stick past the fenderwells. Now I traler it to off road places wheel it and trailer it home.
  7. dkkne

Fit 32's with no trimming.

Off road tires like to be run ALOT less PSI then a standard car tire. On a 7" rim those 10'5's should be run at 20-24 PSI tops for street driving and 12-14 PSI off road.
  8. dkkne

Has anyone heard of the TwEECer?

the tweecer comes with software, and is found on their website. I used one on a 91 Mustang LX and it was fairly advanced but not out of this world difficult really, just need to brush up on how to read Fuel and ignition tables.
  9. dkkne

Stock 4.10's getting 35's should I get 4.88's

do gears once, trust me. 5.13's would be PERFECT for 35's/ I run 4.10's right now with my 35's and i barely ever put it in 5th, not enough power to turn them. When you go up in tire size you can forget about gas mileage. The pure weight differnce between a 31 or a 33 and a 35 is HUGE. Rolling...
  10. dkkne

Clear Wheels Coming To Drifting?

Here is a picture of them on a motorcycle. I love it!!! I like them on cars too , but cleaning WOULD suck...
  11. dkkne

Should I change tranny fluid?

Welcome! Ford suggests not to change it until 100K but for the love of god change it at 50-60K or sooner if you tow. I had shifting issues and took it to a ford dealer who wanted $170 to flush the trans. They said it had to be left there overnight since the trans had to be cold when the flushed...
  12. dkkne

2002 Explorer WORST YEAR???

my 2002 XLT had a ton of wheel bearing problems. I replaced all four wheel bearings twice withing the first 60K. I also had transmission problems which I caught early and a simple fluid flush saved it. I installed a large aftermarket trans cooler and the truck is still driven by my ex wife with...
  13. dkkne

Vibration from 58-65

9 times out of 10 its tire balance. Have the tire reblanced by a good shop, not a quick get you the door chain store..
  14. dkkne

before and after paint.

Cheese poofies anyone? No offense but I liked it better before you painted it, but it is funny!
  15. dkkne

Explorer will not start

so wait... it turns over and will not fire or just won't turn over? There is a difference. If you crank it and it will nto fire, charging the battery isn;t going to fix anything. I suspect a crank sensor , or maybe your out of gas? LOL
  16. dkkne

91 expo on full widths

looks good!!
  17. dkkne

is maf my problem

the last code was stored when you unplugged the MAF and it ran better. It does sound like the MAF is your issue though. A MAf will cause your symptoms, and even though a bad MAF is supposed to store a code, I have seem many fords where that is not the case. Replace the MAF sensor and you should...
  18. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

What are you running in the front for an axle?
  19. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

I ordered some pre runner style fenders for the front and I am not going to worry about the rear. Here is what the fenders are going to look like:
  20. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

I too plan on running bigger tires, but the 351W swap was first on my list. I have 4" lift rear leaf springs already, just need to buy the superlift soft front springs and I can take my body lift out and run the 37's that I want to run.
  21. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

The 4.0L does OK, but Its coming out this saturday in favor of a 351W/C6/NP205 with a doubler. The 4.)L woudl do fine if I has 5.38's in there, but the sheer weight alone of the steel wagon wheels and 15.5" wide TSL's woudl make any V6 work./.
  22. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

its SOO stable in off camber situations now and it feels planted on the road too, aside form the humming of the TSL's and the back massage they give you since they are not balanced:)
  23. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

You wish is my command, this is going up a small 4' incline. I used 3.5" backspacing on the rear and 4.5" backspacing on the front so the track width was close to the same.
  24. dkkne

SAS swap is done!!!

Here is the far from finished Explorer of mine with full width D44 and 9" and 35x15.50x15 Super Swamper TSL SX's. I decided to take the explorer out after work today just to see how she flexed. I was impressed! No tire rubbing at all. That 4' high culvert was a piece of cake in two wheel...
  25. dkkne

SAS Fullwidth Steering.

I have my dana 44 high pinion steering swapped over to the top. Fortunately, my friends already had the proper reamer and it only took maybe 15 seconds a hole to ream. I didn't have to buy or modify anything else to make this work.
Back